Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,993 members, 7,838,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? (17512 Views)

Pss Limited Calling For Interview:who Have Heard Of This Company In Lagos Pls? / Who Knw H.S.A At Karimu Laka St.palace Hall,bus Stop,egbeda Lagos.pls / Guys I Got Message 4m Genesisgroupng To Come 4 Test At VI Lagos Pls Am Afraid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by ezesteph(f): 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
ifyalways:

Ifyalways at gmail

ify I sent you a mail last month and am yet to get a reply. pls check your mail in case you haven't.
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by ezesteph(f): 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
pls who has gone through course on flight operations and which training school can be recommended.
Again what's the job opportunity like
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by ifyalways(f): 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
ezesteph:

ify I sent you a mail last month and am yet to get a reply. pls check your mail in case you haven't.
Sorry but I'm neither checking nor replying Nada.

Time is money for me. f I don't have prior nld interaction with you and you out of the blues email me, I will neither read nor reply it. That mailbox is a scream now, filled with all sorts of mails, no time to start searching for your email my dear especially as I'm not expecting any from you.
Cheers.

Ps: you can give me heads up of whatever u emailed me for here on nld. If it's a very private matter then we can go the email route
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by ezesteph(f): 7:38pm On Jul 04, 2017
ifyalways:

Sorry but I'm neither checking nor replying Nada.

Time is money for me. f I don't have prior nld interaction with you and you out of the blues email me, I will neither read nor reply it. That mailbox is a scream now, filled with all sorts of mails, no time to start searching for your email my dear especially as I'm not expecting any from you.
Cheers.

Ps: you can give me heads up of whatever u emailed me for here on nld. If it's a very private matter then we can go the email route

OK @ifyalways it's about flight operations and where I can go for the training . also the job opportunities. thanks
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by ifyalways(f): 4:14am On Jul 05, 2017
ezesteph:

OK @ifyalways it's about flight operations and where I can go for the training . also the job opportunities. thanks
Question 1 : no idea. Use Google.

Question 2: I had to read back my old post on this thread and I think that answered this question. The only new addition is that jobs are even more scarce now plus more and more foreign airlines stopping operations Nigeria.
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by potofruit: 10:44am On Aug 08, 2017
Thank you very much for your advice. You offed the best and only truth.
ifyalways:
Why are you using caps?you are probably one of those who "managed to get a distinction" in iata "foundation" course on T&K and now thinks you are an airline. Lol

Landover is Not an airline . Its an aviation company that aside offering aviation course studies, aviation logistics also manage an airline, overland airlines.other companies/ individuals have shares in overland so its not entirely run by landover. 2 different companies, Imo.
Son, I don't know your age but I've been in the aviation world, way before your birth.

@OP, what course do you intend to study? Most peeps are rushing to do ticketing and reservation but the truth is that there are very few jobs for them now. The sector is now revolving and embracing e-ticketing and that means the era of
TRO's are gradually over. If you must do tickeing and reservation, don't just do foundation course and runaway, no airline would employ you! Go all the way to atleast "consultant" course then quickly go for ' Amadeus, sabre and galileo' GDS courses and grab your certificates. If you are Bi lingual, that's another advantage.

I however won't advise anyone to study T&R now for reasons I gave above. Go for other ' frequently sought and equally highled paid positions' like cargo handling, managerial positions and others.

Just so you know, there's no course known as ' air hostess'. Run from any aviation school that offers such course, they are just after your money.

If you are smart, you really have no need to go to any aviation school. Register and pay online, all your coursebooks would be sent via DHL. You study and write your exams! What's more IATA permits you to go into the exam hall with all your textbooks except the world map(an open exams) so you have no reason to fail. Its even objective questions through out, can it get any better than this?lol

Let us know how it goes but bear in mind also that the aviation industry in naija is NOT all that interesting anymore. . . Salary wise. Lol
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 08, 2017
ezesteph:
pls who has gone through course on flight operations and which training school can be recommended.

There an SFO (standard flight operations) course in NCAT Zaria.
Fee is about 800k including application form, accommodation and feeding.

You'll go on OJT (on-job-training) with an airline before you complete the course.
Your attitude to work then will determine if you'd be retained.

Chances are over 80% tho
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 08, 2017
ezesteph:

You'll go on OJT (on-job-training) with an airline before you complete the course.

Chances are over 80% tho.
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
Course duration is about 24 weeks (6 months)

You can Google more about NCAT zaria
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by ezesteph(f): 9:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
Brave86:

thank you so much, I appreciate.
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by ezesteph(f): 9:34pm On Aug 21, 2017
Brave86:

thanks so much, I appreciate
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by walexsho(m): 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2017
ifyalways:
Why are you using caps?you are probably one of those who "managed to get a distinction" in iata "foundation" course on T&K and now thinks you are an airline. Lol

Landover is Not an airline . Its an aviation company that aside offering aviation course studies, aviation logistics also manage an airline, overland airlines.other companies/ individuals have shares in overland so its not entirely run by landover. 2 different companies, Imo.
Son, I don't know your age but I've been in the aviation world, way before your birth.

@OP, what course do you intend to study? Most peeps are rushing to do ticketing and reservation but the truth is that there are very few jobs for them now. The sector is now revolving and embracing e-ticketing and that means the era of
TRO's are gradually over. If you must do tickeing and reservation, don't just do foundation course and runaway, no airline would employ you! Go all the way to atleast "consultant" course then quickly go for ' Amadeus, sabre and galileo' GDS courses and grab your certificates. If you are Bi lingual, that's another advantage.

I however won't advise anyone to study T&R now for reasons I gave above. Go for other ' frequently sought and equally highled paid positions' like cargo handling, managerial positions and others.

Just so you know, there's no course known as ' air hostess'. Run from any aviation school that offers such course, they are just after your money.

If you are smart, you really have no need to go to any aviation school. Register and pay online, all your coursebooks would be sent via DHL. You study and write your exams! What's more IATA permits you to go into the exam hall with all your textbooks except the world map(an open exams) so you have no reason to fail. Its even objective questions through out, can it get any better than this?lol

Let us know how it goes but bear in mind also that the aviation industry in naija is NOT all that interesting anymore. . . Salary wise. Lol

Sorry for my Ignorance, Is it possible to do any other course without "Foundation in Travels and Tourism Diploma". Based on my findings I learnt it's an entry level course (prequisite). Moreover I've started studying for the course and it is indeed and entry level course where you learn Industry codes terminology and definitions, GDI, The GDS etc.
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by walexsho(m): 1:11pm On Sep 01, 2017
1. I need a solid advise in registering for the best and most sought IATA certification by Airlines.
2. Is it compulsory to do the foundational course before any other course? (e.g Foundation in Travel and Tourism Diploma)
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by ifyalways(f): 5:08am On Sep 03, 2017
walexsho:

Sorry for my Ignorance, Is it possible to do any other course without "Foundation in Travels and Tourism Diploma". Based on my findings I learnt it's an entry level course (prequisite). Moreover I've started studying for the course and it is indeed and entry level course where you learn Industry codes terminology and definitions, GDI, The GDS etc.
Dunno what is "Foundation in travels and tourism diploma" undecided
The foundation course I know of and talked about is "Iata foundation course" and you can jump that and register straight up for Iata consultant course.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Various Vacancies At Society For Family Health (SFH) – (14 Positions) / Elf Petroleum Nigeria Limited Is Recruiting. / Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.