Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Pls What Is The Use Of Weather Forecast Report To The General Public? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Pls What Is The Use Of Weather Forecast Report To The General Public? (699 Views)

The US Government Report To Warn Climate Change Is Real / Pls What Is Work Of Turbo On 5000 Watts Century Stabilizer / Weather: Things You Need To Know About The Current Heat.[photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls What Is The Use Of Weather Forecast Report To The General Public? by kstadaura: 4:13pm On Mar 15, 2016
I have been asking myself this question for a very long time, in fact i find it to be boring, how is weather report going to benefit the life of ordinary people, pls if you know educate me.
Re: Pls What Is The Use Of Weather Forecast Report To The General Public? by datola: 4:28pm On Mar 15, 2016
We can use weather data collected over a span of more than 30 years or so to predict weather in the region.

Weather data can also be used to warn drivers of ships or planes about weather conditions whether the vehicle can take off or not.

Natural disasters such as hurricanes can be detected with weather data and thus informing people for evacuation.

Farming and agricultural industries rely on weather data for correct times to plant and harvest etc., preventing damage done to their crops.

Commercial uses such as construction, mining etc. Weather must be conducive during constructing buildings, or landslides and land sinking in will occur, causing huge damages. Mining also rely very much on weather. If torrential rain floods the mine, there would be many casualties.

1 Like

Re: Pls What Is The Use Of Weather Forecast Report To The General Public? by kstadaura: 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2016
datola:

We can use weather data collected over a span of more than 30 years or so to predict weather in the region.

Weather data can also be used to warn drivers of ships or planes about weather conditions whether the vehicle can take off or not.

Natural disasters such as hurricanes can be detected with weather data and thus informing people for evacuation.

Farming and agricultural industries rely on weather data for correct times to plant and harvest etc., preventing damage done to their crops.

Commercial uses such as construction, mining etc. Weather must be conducive during constructing buildings, or landslides and land sinking in will occur, causing huge damages. Mining also rely very much on weather. If torrential rain floods the mine, there would be many casualties.

Thank you for the info, but most of what i use to hear from weather report, though i dont pay much attention, is its gonna rain in so so palce or so so place is going to be cloudy..... do we make use of such news in africa? Cos you will hear people discussing political,business and other news but i have never heard people discussing weather report?
Re: Pls What Is The Use Of Weather Forecast Report To The General Public? by datola: 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2016
kstadaura:

Thank you for the info, but most of what i use to hear from weather report, though i dont pay much attention, is its gonna rain in so so palce or so so place is going to be cloudy..... do we make use of such news in africa? Cos you will hear people discussing political,business and other news but i have never heard people discussing weather report?

Because we have not developed up to that level that we care less about what to eat and other basic amenities of life.

Also we have the best of weather. No disasters such as hurricane, volcanoes, flooding, snowing, etc.

1 Like

Re: Pls What Is The Use Of Weather Forecast Report To The General Public? by IAmTobore(m): 5:22pm On Mar 17, 2016
To know when to and when not to carry your umbrella along!
Re: Pls What Is The Use Of Weather Forecast Report To The General Public? by Okorieikechukwu(m): 6:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
kstadaura:

The one you see and hear is just for public consumption, if you are told how much airports and sea ports pay to get data for our meteorological station, you won't believe. Weather forecast is very important both to road contractors, research institutes and government agencies. The main purpose you ask is because Nigeria is full circle backwards.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Dont A Current-carrying Conductor Have A Charge? / Check Out One Of The Fastest Trucks On Earth – The Volvo Iron Knight / How To Know If Your Google Account Has Been Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.