Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife (1217 Views)

Woman Snatches Man From Wife, Dumps Him After 7 Years / Husband Demands N3M From Divorce-seeking Wife At Sharia Court In Sokoto / Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From His Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by dre11(m): 5:12pm On Mar 15, 2016
A 40-year-old businessman, Modibo Surajo, on Tuesday pleaded with a Grade 1 Area Court, Gudu, Abuja, to compel his wife, Mariam to refund N486, 000 expenses he incurred during their wedding.

Surajo told the court that he had to make the demand because his wife had refused to stay in her matrimonial home.

The petitioner, a resident of Durumi in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), accused his wife of frequently leaving their matrimonial home since they got married in 2011.
He said his marriage to the respondent produced a son but the respondent recently fled to Kaduna State to stay with her Uncle, Ismaila Alhiru.

According to him, the respondent has never stayed for three whole months in his house without running away since they got married.

He said the respondent insisted that he should get another apartment for her and should divorce his first wife before she could stay married to him, which he said, he would not do.

“You can get married to a woman from the city and she would stay with her husband in the village peacefully, so if she is no longer interested in the marriage I want her to refund N140, 000 which I spent on the wedding.

“She should also refund the N20,000 I paid as her dowry, I gave her friends N25,000, gave her a gift of N20,000, transportation to Niger Republic and also from Kaduna to Abuja at N120, 000.

“I hired two cars at N16,000, Asoebi at N75, 000, I sent two people to her at N30, 000 and gave her father N150, 000 which is a total of N486, 000, I want her to refund all these money,’’ he said.

In her response, Mariam said she did not ask Surajo to divorce his wife, but only asked him to get another apartment for her as the petitioner’s wife made the matrimonial home unbearable.

“I did not tell the plaintiff that I am no longer interested in our marriage, I left the house because his wife disturbs me with trouble and I do not know anybody in Abuja that was why I went to Kaduna State where my uncle resides.

“It is left for the petitioner to choose between getting an apartment for me or me not returning to the house as I am suffering,” she said.

The Presiding judge, Alhaji Imam Isah, adjourned the case till April 7 for further hearing.

http://m.guardian.ng/news/husband-demands-a-refund-of-n486000-wedding-expenses-from-wife/

lalasticlala
Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by donbenedict(m): 5:17pm On Mar 15, 2016
Odiegwu....
Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by jemype(m): 5:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
This guy is really selling gala on the runway.
Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by tolugar: 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
No refund of money after payment using the product.

1 Like

Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by Alertz3(m): 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2016
You should demand for half of the money instead.
Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by Islie: 5:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
the guy man never see anything....gringrin

Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by ijustdey: 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2016
if that guy is demanding such amount...... then the woman should demand to be paid, the fee of phucking her,
the fee of caring for his son she bore him
the fee for time she lost while being married to him
the fee for.........

he should have only asked for the dowry, then I will take him serious

1 Like

Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by southernbelle(f): 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2016
See gbese cheesy cheesy
Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by kingphilip(m): 8:59pm On Mar 15, 2016
Na sell the family sell the woman to am

How will you expect him not to maltreat her at any slightest provocation and the family won't be able to say anything because she was sold out

I tire for people o
Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by kingphilip(m): 9:06pm On Mar 15, 2016
ijustdey:

if that guy is demanding such amount...... then the woman should demand to be paid, the fee of phucking her,
the fee for.........

this is an issue between the junior wife and senior wife from what is garnered from the piece

Didn't she know he had a first wife before coming in??
Secondly, when trouble arose, did she meet her husband telling him about it and seeking for a peaceful resolution of matters??

If the above two wasn't really done by her I guess she should seek for ways to salvage her marriage instead
Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by Acidosis(m): 9:15pm On Mar 15, 2016
ijustdey:

the fee for.........

You mean women don't enjoy it?

1 Like

Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by cococandy(f): 10:19pm On Mar 15, 2016
Just negodu the foolish man. undecided
Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by menabae(f): 8:28am On Mar 16, 2016
Hahahhahaah this man is a clown... refund gini? In this part only the dowry can be refunded, all other bla bla bla he mentioned na wash .......mtcheeeeew
Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by ijustdey: 9:06am On Mar 16, 2016
kingphilip:
this is an issue between the junior wife and senior wife from what is garnered from the piece

Didn't she know he had a first wife before coming in??
Secondly, when trouble arose, did she meet her husband telling him about it and seeking for a peaceful resolution of matters??

If the above two wasn't really done by her I guess she should seek for ways to salvage her marriage instead

He said the respondent insisted that he should get another apartment for her and should divorce his first wife before she could stay married to
him, which he said, he would not do.

I hope that's settles your second question

and the first question..... it's a two way thing
she might know and might not know, it all depends on how the husband is able to play his cards and how investigative the lady in question is
Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by ijustdey: 9:08am On Mar 16, 2016
Acidosis:

You mean women don't enjoy it?

just like you're telling me the man didn't enjoy showing off and flouting his money when he wanted to impress his In-laws

1 Like

Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by kingphilip(m): 11:13am On Mar 16, 2016
ijustdey:

I hope that's settles your second question

and the first question..... it's a two way thing
she might know and might not know, it all depends on how the husband is able to play his cards and how investigative the lady in question is
I mean settling the scuffle between her and the other wife
Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by PresVA: 11:32am On Mar 16, 2016
Woes of polygamy....

Refunding money? The man is a clown, was it only the woman that enjoyed the ceremony?

He should get another apartment for the second wife as she has demanded, that's what he got himself into since one woman can't satisfy him.. tongue

1 Like

Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by Islie: 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
was thinking lalasticlala would allow us see how stingy this man is......

but, he chooses otherwise. the man wants. to eat his cake and have it whole
Re: Husband Demands Refund Of N486,000 Wedding Expenses From Wife by jashar(f): 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Dailyfamily.ng Is Giving Out Cash And Free Recharge Cards In “family A / Man Ends Marriage After Knowing His Wife User Birth Control Pills. See Why / What’s The Weirdest Thing A Guest Has Done At Your House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.