Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,197 members, 7,845,946 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques (62082 Views)

CBN Introduces New FX Rate For Bdcs / CBN Introduces New FOREX Rates, Dollar Now N360 For "Invisibles" / CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by Adeniyimi: 2:00am On Mar 16, 2016
May God help us oooo. So some people still complain about #100 per month charges....
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by Adeniyimi: 2:06am On Mar 16, 2016
chimexdnice1:
You only hear this kind of rubbish in Nigeria, those guys making these policies haven't they travelled out of this country and see how beautiful banking system is

Novice. It dont really support the motion but bank charges is everywhere in d world, even charges more than nigerian banks and u will alsi experience queue in US bank. Ok. Hope dis help
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by Adeniyimi: 2:15am On Mar 16, 2016
macphilip:

What has Jesus got to do with this.
Its high time Nigerians start holding their Leaders responsible
And stop taking everything to God.
Religion have really destroyed us in this Country.

Exactly my thought...... Religion is what is killing Nigeria. Nigeria too believe in religion things. White country dont believe in anything, most of them just believe they are god of themselves but africa has a whole 95% believe in religion whereas d religion impact nothing on us, yet no improvement

2 Likes

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by Nobody: 2:43am On Mar 16, 2016
Clerverly:
Na Thunder go Fire una there!

Wailer... elekpa...

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by duncan511: 3:01am On Mar 16, 2016
seunmsg:

What will Buhari benefit from ATM card charges?

Is the charges going into the coffers of government or the banks?

Just like I said on a thread earlier today, we apportion blames based on sentiments and emotions instead of common sense and pragmatism. Instead of calling out the greedy banks and their CBN collaborators, most of you are shouting Buhari. What has Buhari got to do with this?
U TALK LIKE IF U NOT EDUCATED, Y BUHARI ISTHERE, IS NOT TO CORRECT THINGS WEN TIN ARE WRONG, IF HE FAIL TO CORRECT WHO WIL D BLAME GO TO? ASK ME SUPPORTER OF APC WEN THEY RE DOING WRONG

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by beatmaker: 3:25am On Mar 16, 2016
This is not the change we bargained for,so the Govt want to over extort us,because oil is no more bringing in money. Una try well well . Oga Buhari,you have only 3 years remaining.

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by Validated: 3:28am On Mar 16, 2016
princemillla:
Why is living in one's fatherland now more expensive than overseas.?

U pay tax
Pay 100 on atm every month
Pay 65 naira on atm in other banks
Pay 170 naira on every online transactions to other banks (105 and 55 naira)
Pay 50 naira bank stamp

Police go stop u for road u pay minimum 1k

Area boys go hail u, u pay 500.

Armed robbers go still come sweep the entire purse.

Maka why na

"Think what you can do for your country and not what your country can do for you..."

Who said this?
To who?
Under what circumstance?

... and the answer is...

APC Zanoids!!! Hahahshahahaha! Enjoy his foul air of chanji!

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by banmee(m): 3:36am On Mar 16, 2016
lekkie073:
so this govt wants to start collecting dues from the citizens.....

just because crude oil money is no more forthcoming. .

nigeria is doomed!

It is not called dues. It is called taxation. They are being smart for the first time. This is how it is done in normal countries. All that is left is for them to use the revenue judiciously and not let corruption ruin it.

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by princemillla(m): 4:23am On Mar 16, 2016
eherbal:
elewele complaining? Gbogbo prince of Ikorodu land. Hold body small. E go better
grin

Goldams?

Been a freaking while Bro

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by adekaz777: 4:28am On Mar 16, 2016
seunmsg:

Just like I said on a thread earlier today, we apportion blames based on sentiments and emotions instead of common sense and pragmatism. Instead of calling out the greedy banks and their CBN collaborators, most of you are shouting Buhari. What has Buhari got to do with this?
buhari can stop it, the same way he stopped naira devaluation. Buhari is head of government now, he takes responsibility for good and bad things that happen during his tenure same way others did. Asking if its government or cbn thru banks benefit; is not government that owns cbn? Just like nnpc,npa, firs, ncs(customs) & others, cbn is a good source of revenue to government, with tsa policy now in place, cbn is now no. 1 in nigeria that is the sole reason why all strong apc chieftains (northerners) are putting their sons and daughters there. Hope u av seen the list.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by InvertedHammer: 4:42am On Mar 16, 2016
/
Not enough.

I would love to see more squeezing of the masses.

Nigerians can only learn the hard way.
\

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by onyxo76(m): 4:42am On Mar 16, 2016
think i better reconsider renewing my ATM card, i already have 3 of them ,thats 400 monthly.i'm just being chocked up with all these charges.

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by EmekaBlue(m): 4:58am On Mar 16, 2016
Extortion frm d citizens to fuel his johnny walker movements around d world as d one wey dey his Single Treasury Account don dey reduce and no good economic team to generate cash frm normal avenues only dullardinhos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by EmekaBlue(m): 5:11am On Mar 16, 2016
They pay tax...Most deducted frm salary xcept u mean d jobless man on d street..Dont get it twisted
obailala:
This desperation of the government to raise revenue by all means in the face of the oil crises is taking its toll on the popularity of the regime.

But then, for those saying this doesn't happen in other countries, 'travel and see' is the best advice. Nigerians dont pay tax, but then again, taxing can't just be slammed instantly on everyone (including even students).
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by Ameena(f): 5:16am On Mar 16, 2016
Freshboi:
Many of you are showing like twats. How many of you pay taxes? In developed countries that we run to, the tax regime is strong. That is why UK and USA and the rest have developed. In this regime, we have peaked 4000mw.. Something that never happened during the Gej Era. The government is seeking innovative ways to finance the economy and we are here lamenting. What part have you played to expose corruption? Many of you shouting are simply Wailers.. Hungry Wailers

Oga, so we that we have been paying our taxes regularly for years...Wat exactly have we benefitted? Apart from good roads....for those in Abuja, wat else? No basic amenities or infrastructures, no good health care, no light, no fuel except untold hardship & sufferings. This govt is jus a disappointment & a disaster....& d way Buhari kept acting & feeling like Abraham Lincoln, you would think he had the keys to our problems....SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by highsoar(m): 5:17am On Mar 16, 2016
God will punish you CBN with all this new policies you are using to exploit and fraustrate Nigerians
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by Yorubasgreat(f): 5:33am On Mar 16, 2016
Adeniyimi:

But sorry to say u have a damaged brain. Instead of u to pray u are talking of war dindinrin. The war will come towards u only not nigerians...... one of d dumbest citizen in Nigeria

Even your God just returned from the holiest of places in Saudi Arabia...what type prayer do want from me?

You complete the rest, count me out..
God has abandon Nigeria.

Your pastors and IMAMs are just there to represent their stomach.

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by bxcode(m): 5:58am On Mar 16, 2016
Yorubasgreat:
Buhari will finish off this country.. Mark my word..

Before the end of Buhari regime Nigerians must have faced themselves in war.. .

This will never end up well.. I have seen how it will all end..

I accept we have collectively voted seasoned criminals into power..
But, God is this punishment not too much for us..
Pls consider our ignorance and the fact that they lied and deceived us before we voted and have mercy..
Naaah, leave God out of it ma'am, he that is faithful to start a thing should also be faithful to complete it. When the critical few was telling you guys before the election that these people can't be from God as they were claiming, some of you thought we were mad. The most painful type of pain is the pain of regret and a lot of Nigerians will experience this pain terribly because of the decision they took.
So leave God out of it, what you sow is what you reap.
Prepare because the worst is yet to happen.

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by Henrichemeka(m): 5:58am On Mar 16, 2016
Economy is bad, and now the government want us to die! Wia do they want us to get all these money from? Or have they provided any means wia this money will be cumin 4rm? God we dey ur hands. We shall start house or home banking very soon.

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by favourlove1: 6:00am On Mar 16, 2016
seunmsg:

you are even more gullible than I thought. Who does emefile take orders from?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by tk4rd: 6:01am On Mar 16, 2016
immortalcrown:
They forced all banks' customers to get debit card, now those customers are about to be forced to pay unnecessary charges for what did not willingly acquire. Now I know that Aninih was an amateur in robbery. This move by CBN is another form of crime. Money Ritual has taken different numerous forms. Uwa mmebi!
Solution is simple..
REMOVE ALL YOUR MONEY FROM THE BANKS AND KEEP THEM IN HARD METALLIC VAULT-SAFES..
Let me see how and where they can deduct from again.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by SycophanticGoat: 6:05am On Mar 16, 2016
Mods I hail una oh! So when someone bashes Igbos directly or indirectly and your attention is called to it, all you do is edit the person's post, including the post of the bigot? If it were the other way round, of course I know that the owner of the comment would have been banned without the mods thinking twice. Make una continue una hear? Well done!
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by Lotechi(m): 6:06am On Mar 16, 2016
anti-people policy!!!!I thought the government exist for the natives
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by davidphilip: 6:08am On Mar 16, 2016
Buhari why are you doing this, it hard for me to part away with normal SMS charge monthly tell me how I will part away with such huge amount
People J O I N M Y. B B M. CHA NNE L O N C00 4 DA A7C
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by tobyemmanuel(m): 6:12am On Mar 16, 2016
No more change. This is negative change. Lemme go empty my account today. I now hate APC, Buhari and his government. A change where billions are spent on cars, traveling. Now we have to pay them for corruption and encourage them to continue. Thunder fire change. GEJ is even better. Even if there is nothing he did, we didn't suffer like this. I eat twice a day with one of the meal including garri. Buhari cares less. Shame on him. I dey angry.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by davidphilip: 6:14am On Mar 16, 2016
banmee:

It is not called dues. It is called taxation. They are being smart for the first time. This is how it is done in normal countries. All that is left is for them to use the revenue judiciously and not let corruption ruin it.

I know most people don't pay tax and dey know dem selves here so it a way of milking it out of deir acct, but still let hope on the money being used properly to benefit everyone
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by justmenoni: 6:26am On Mar 16, 2016
Very good development let's assume 50 milkion Nigerians hv naira ATM cards dats 2.5 billion per month and automatically its 300b per year... Nawa ooo by the time our govt add up all other banking charges they might mk approx 1 trillion per year.... The most painful thing is if one bigman or godfather ends up embezzling this money
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by willbayo(m): 6:32am On Mar 16, 2016
so i'll b chargd evry month even though am nt in d country 2 make use of my useless verve card
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by Nobody: 6:35am On Mar 16, 2016
If this is true then our CBN Governor should watch it, this is not Zenith bank. He should not begin to impose charges on a nation like the commercial banks to do customers. What is the 100 naira monthly charges for? does cbn provide the infrastructure for this charges? with due respect i think the idea is stupid and wicked. Power is to be exercised with caution, this is total recklessness. let Cbn do it job which is to regulate the commercial banks and stablise our exchange rate and reserve. Revenue generation is not a core objective.

baebae:
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has proposed a N100 monthly chargeon every debit card (ATM card) in the country.
The new charge is separate from the existing N65 charge after the third withdrawal within the same month.

A monthly maintenance fee of N100 was also proposed every month for anaira dominated debit card when used, and a N50 charge for other months when the card is used or not.
In its draft on the“guide to charges for banks and other financial institutions in Nigeria”, CBN has alsoproposed a N4,200-per-annum charge on foreign currency denominated cards as maintenance fee.

The apex bank has also proposed a N50 charge on every cheque leaflet obtained and used at the deposit money bank’s counter, The Cable reports.This is not the same as the collectioncharge on cheques, which is also proposed to be“one percent of cheque value or Naira equivalent of US $10 whichever is lower”.

The circular, signed by Kevin Amugo, director financial policy and regulation department, stated:

“The Central Bank of Nigeria is currently reviewing the extant Guide to Bank Charges, which came into effect on April 1, 2013,”

“The review, which is in line with the philosophy of periodically ensuring that the provisions of the guide accord with current realities, also seek to address complaints from customers of financial services, requests for clarification on provisionof the guide and absence of a tariff regime for other financial institutionsin Nigeria.

source
https://www.naij.com/765237-cbn-introduces-new-monthly-charge-atm-cards.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1350216675

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by SycophanticGoat: 6:38am On Mar 16, 2016
DuchessLily:

O yeah! I don't think this would have been ur verdict or stand if GEJ was the president.

And hear u talking abt sentiments and emotions

APC supporters reason thru their butt hole (I didn't mention any moniker before someone jumps in and bans me). I wish to ask the seunmsg guy if it's not during GEJ's administration that the #100 charge when one withdraws outside his bank ATM was abolished. If it wasn't during GEJ that charges for corporate accounts were reduced from #3 per thousand withdrawn to #1 per thousand withdrawn. GEJ never imposed any #50 tax on us. Emefiele didn't impose ridiculous charges on every possible transactions on us back then, so why is he doing all these during the administration of the all knowing and mighty god of the gullibles called Mumuhammado Mumuhary?

I see some fools talking about other countries. They are talking without using their heads. The countries they are talking about, what or where does Nigeria reach them? Is it in good roads, power distribution (of which the tariff has been increased by 51% but nothing to show for it. Even one fool that claims to have been to a more civilized country is hailing Buhari, saying he reached a peak of 4000mw where as Prof Berth under reach about 4800mw during his time under GEJ), social welfare programmes, minimum wage, security, the leaders of those countries surely earn far less than ours, etc.? In the so called country, taxation of this magnitude is not channeled to students and some supposed unemployed unlike this hellhole of a country we're in.

I really wish for these sycophants to tell me what Buhari is doing with all the recovered loots, all the money generated by the TSA, etc, that he does not only have to borrow to finance the fraudulent change chain budget but has to kill the masses with some useless taxation and bank charges.

The truth of the matter is that Nigerians will never reap the fruit of good leadership when the Nigerian wealth either goes into maintaining robust salaries and allowances of those crooks at the top or is outrightly embezzled.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by profstar(m): 6:39am On Mar 16, 2016
leonbob:
But PMB should have told us all these wicked levies while he was campaigning, by now he would have been back in Daura grazing his 230 cows and plastering his inherited mud house, God punish all who have determined to make life more difficult for Nigerians
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques by margclever: 6:44am On Mar 16, 2016
seunmsg:
I have said it repeatedly that Emefiele is more interested in helping DMB'S to fleece Nigerians than in regulating them. All his policies are favourable to the banks than to Nigerians.

Government needs to stop appointing DMB MD's as CBN governor because they can't manage the conflict of interest that comes with the position. All they do is protect their banking investments instead of regulating. We need seasoned economist who have no heavy banking investments to protect as CBN governor.
and who is the beneficiary! Emefiele or bubu's govt, let bubu reverse it if loves the down trodden in the country, its time you zombies reason with your brain for once

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Naira Exchange Rates Today / Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates ₦1 Billion To Support COVID-19 Response / Cassava Export Business: How To Begin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.