Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Nigerian Kicked Off UK Plane For Being A Muslim - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Kicked Off UK Plane For Being A Muslim (656 Views)

Freaky Deaths, Bizarre Ways That People Have 'kicked The Bucket'(Photos) / Woman Kicked Out Of Plane For Revealing Too Much Cleavage / ‘your Father Is Ruining The Country’: Kicked Off Passenger Tells Ivanka Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Kicked Off UK Plane For Being A Muslim by Olarajee(m): 5:53am On Mar 16, 2016
Abuja - Laolu Opebiyi, a Nigerian based in the United Kingdom was kicked out from a plane by armed police at Luton Airport after a fellow passenger read a message on his mobile phone about prayer and reported him as a security threat.
According to the UK Guardian, Opebiyi, from London was due to fly to Amsterdam and had been trying to arrange a conference call prayer with friends on WhatsApp when he was reported by the passenger.
The passenger was said to be reading Opebiyi’s phone over his shoulder, before alerting security that he was chatting with friends about prayer.
The passenger later got off the plane, saying he was not feeling to well.

Opebiyi was then questioned and was forced to hand over his phone and provide his password to prove his innocence.

He was later cleared by a detective but the pilot refused to let him back on board.

He then had to wait more than three hours for the next flight.

Opebiyi, a Nigerian-born Christian, told the UK Guardian that the passenger next to him assumed he was a Muslim and jumped to the conclusion that he may be a terrorist.
He explained to the armed men that he is a Christian, showing them the Bible in his bag and telling them the Church he attends.

Naij.com
Re: Nigerian Kicked Off UK Plane For Being A Muslim by kogirodent: 6:20am On Mar 16, 2016
this is news is better than a crashed plane so i am ok wit it.
Re: Nigerian Kicked Off UK Plane For Being A Muslim by kekakuz(m): 6:23am On Mar 16, 2016
what can I say, I don't blame the passanger and pilot sorry bro next life associate with light don't run from it. baba j is the light and prince of peace.even your religion supports that
Re: Nigerian Kicked Off UK Plane For Being A Muslim by Olarajee(m): 12:35pm On May 27, 2016
kekakuz:
what can I say,
I don't blame the passanger and pilot
sorry bro next life associate with light don't run from it.
baba j is the light and prince of peace.even your religion supports that

He should do away with his Christian faith, right? When are nairalanders gonna start using their brains?

(1) (Reply)

Brock Lesnar Vs Roman Reigns (WATCH) Big Fight April 2016 / GT Bank And Their Excessive Monthly Charges / Viviangist's Democracy Day Message To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.