Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,044 members, 7,849,211 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:20 PM

Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter (19496 Views)

Buhari Will Respond To Senate's Rejection Of Magu As EFCC Chairman -Femi Adesina / Saraki Saves Buhari’s Proposal From Senate rejection / Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by wiZbanky(m): 11:18am On Mar 16, 2016
peacengine:

Chairman why u dey insult me like dis? If there was a proposed bill to legalize polygamy even Christians for NA go support the bill o, why the hypocrisy? my brother leave that thing, is this country not a circular country? Why them dey use Bible and Kuran to pass bill for NA? Abeg free me jor
lol, no offence meant though. I'm only trying to tell u dat you should not quantify the need for gender parity on the fact that we are conceived by women. There are a lot of things at stake worth considering such as those aforementioned in others' posts. yours was way shallow
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by P0intBlank(m): 11:20am On Mar 16, 2016
macaranta:
This matter is somehow...women want to be equal to men when its convenient. for instance,in a technical work environment you find the men doing the heavy lifting...at that point women won't want to be equal to men.

Same thoughts here. If they want equality, are they ready compete on all levels? E.g. If we are equal why have 100m Men and 100m Women? Why not have just one 100m race for both men and women and see how they fare. In Tennis, they complained Men were earning more than women but they forgot Men played 5 sets while women played 3 sets. If they want equality it should be wholesome not only when it's convenient.

2 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by VirginFinder: 11:20am On Mar 16, 2016
peacengine:

Chairman why u dey insult me like dis? If there was a proposed bill to legalize polygamy even Christians for NA go support the bill o, why the hypocrisy? my brother leave that thing, is this country not a circular country? Why them dey use Bible and Kuran to pass bill for NA? Abeg free me jor

Honestly, you dont deserve to be a man. Or maybe you are just a sexually active teenager. And that is affecting your reasoning.

Senator Ali Ndume raised a bill just last week calling for men to marry more than one wife. The male-dominated senate threw the bill out.

How about that?

Lest I forget, it's 'secular' not 'circular'. Go and read your book.
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Chommieblaq(f): 11:21am On Mar 16, 2016
NigPatriot:
Its sad that many of the ladies that shout and scream for this gender equality of an issue don't fully know what it entails.
i believe so much in Fairness and equality, and would fight to ensure its enforced wherever i am. but as far as we are concerned there is no law in Nigeria today that states women shouldn't vote, women shouldn't drive, women shouldn't strife for political posts, no law says women cant own companies. so now i ask? what really do women want? Your husband shouldn't correct you? Maybe we should start by asking what is equality?
our Nigerian and African women really need to get things right, its in their thinking they are missing it.
you want to be a feminist? become a CEO, then hire men under you that will be calling you "ma" maybe that will feed the ego.

dear women stay humble.
Another laudable comment.
What do we actually want?
Women own companies, votes, holds political post, some collect higher pay than their husband /boyfriend, even contests for presidency, what fairness and equality do we seek again?
Am a lady buh let's call a spade a spade, many ppl clamouring for gender equality and fairness don't actually know what it's all about, because Nigeria law is not harsh to us. Shikena!

2 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by 989900: 11:21am On Mar 16, 2016
I don't know what the details of the bill encompasses, but I think women are superior to men, enjoy more privileges than men in the larger scheme of things -- we basically slave for them. #myopinion

2 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Zelex9(m): 11:22am On Mar 16, 2016
NigPatriot:
Its sad that many of the ladies that shout and scream for this gender equality of an issue don't fully know what it entails.
i believe so much in Fairness and equality, and would fight to ensure its enforced wherever i am. but as far as we are concerned there is no law in Nigeria today that states women shouldn't vote, women shouldn't drive, women shouldn't strife for political posts, no law says women cant own companies. so now i ask? what really do women want? Your husband shouldn't correct you? Maybe we should start by asking what is equality?
our Nigerian and African women really need to get things right, its in their thinking they are missing it.
you want to be a feminist? become a CEO, then hire men under you that will be calling you "ma" maybe that will feed the ego.

dear women stay humble.

This is where I am a bit puzzled. What exactly does this proposed bill entail? If enforced, what changes will take place that will enable a fairer society? From the little I know, the current constitution does not discriminate against women rights. I believe people are confusing the federal law with inherit cultural beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by ib22003(m): 11:26am On Mar 16, 2016
God bless you bro, It seems ladies dont know what it means for both genders to be equal, they only think of the positive part.
example: if a girl talks to me anyhow or slaps me, i can walk away.( she is a girl, i will just leave her be)
Under a gender equal society, i go give am blow for mouth.(this totally wrong to hit a lady. but under gender equality its right)
the statement "its totally wrong for a guy to hit a lady" which i support strongly, does not push gender equality.
the hypocrisy is nauseating!

SLIDEwaxie:
What stupid gender equality are you guys talking abt? Are we talking abt the same fraud here?

Man slap woman, you jail man..

Woman slap woman, she cry. U jail man...

Woman cry, u blame man...

Man cry, u blame am, say make he act like a man..

Where has been the equality?
The worst people are the feminists...the hypocrisy is nauseating!

Feminism is just a hocus-pocus of pride!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Tallesty1(m): 11:29am On Mar 16, 2016
Gerrard59:

The unfortunate thing is that you associate with the wrong kind of girls same way one would associate with lads who whine Wizkid's name dusk to dawn.
Go out, you'll meet intellectual and very brilliant ladies who can/will wow with their intelligence that you might feel dumb.

The ladies you see working in Mckinsey, KPMG, Deloitte, Shell etc do you think they're not intelligent and smart? shocked
My point? Change your environment. Don't hinge the point of gender equality(which espouse) on some girls discussing Kim Kardashian stuff.
Safe your preaching for the right time and person oga. Stop making a fool of yourself by jumping into arguments/conversations that you don't know how or where it started.
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by iPopAlomo(m): 11:31am On Mar 16, 2016
peacengine:
This is why countries like ours will never achieve our potential. It seems some men are terrified of women being treated as equals. We will be forced to change our discriminatory mentality one way or the other.

And what exactly is the potential....?!
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Tallesty1(m): 11:31am On Mar 16, 2016
Truckpusher:
That isn't enough for a breakup nau.Could be some idle talks that simple frightening stories of an implantation gone awry would have solved. cheesy
It sounded more like a high maintenance chick alert so I fled.
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by peacengine(m): 11:32am On Mar 16, 2016
VirginFinder:

Honestly, you dont deserve to be a man. Or maybe you are just a sexually active teenager. And that is affecting your reasoning.

Senator Ali Ndume raised a bill just last week calling for men to marry more than one wife. The male-dominated senate threw the bill out.

How about that?

Lest I forget, it's 'secular' not 'circular'. Go and read your book.

I am very sure I am older than you nigga. Should they be discussing such in the first place? Is that what they deliberate on in the US and other Western countries? When the masses are suffering our aged senators are passing bill to marry more wives grin

So if democracy is supposed to benefit all, which includes men, women and children, how does the rejection of this bill help our female folks? I keep thanking God am a man every day because of the priveledges I enjoy, shouldn't a woman also be happy about her own gender?

Make una no quote me again, except you wan make God punish u.

1 Like

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by ib22003(m): 11:35am On Mar 16, 2016
Nigeria has no laws that makes woman not to perform as humans. Uae has those law and there are doing better than us. so you see they dont relate.
peacengine:
This is why countries like ours will never achieve our potential. It seems some men are terrified of women being treated as equals. We will be forced to change our discriminatory mentality one way or the other.

1 Like

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by StilTouchy(m): 11:36am On Mar 16, 2016
It quite funny when it comes to this Gender Equality Bill rejection by the Senate. 90% of women of these generation have nothing really to write home about. Most ladies have refused to stand up for themselves. Even here on Nairaland, the men comments are more realistic and matured minded even on issues concerning the ladies.

Following everyone's comments, one or two ladies have stood up for women! Though there are pretty much very educated, matured and no nonsense ladies you come across and when you hear them speak, you will be very proud of women. Africa in general is still too young for all these bla bla bla about equality, we are so fast to copy the Western world like pack of sledge dogs! I have no idea about Western world talking about Equality for women and stuff when they were as young as 56 years old in their respective country. The stupidity of most Africa Nations is that we can't stand up for ourselves like most of these ladies. I mean no disrespect but we have to look inward, you come across 5 girls, only one or two can stand for herself and will never take nonsense from you! These Iphone and Brazilian wigs girl are bunch of lazy hmmmmm no be me talk am! Big up to any lady out there who is working hard no matter how small her salary! If you can endure, you will be elevated! As for the lazy ones, change your ways, there is still time!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by tartarus(m): 11:39am On Mar 16, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

The same thing my aunt and I were talking about yesterday o. It's just so annoying that some dumb married ladies are even supporting this. Same ladies that will drive the car their husband use his hard earned money to buy for them, and still tell him to bring his own car keys cuz the fuel in their own car has finished and she is too fragile to hustle for fuel. What is GENDER EQUALITY in that? It is the un-married ones that are being misled that I pity, dem go tehhhh for their papa house.

Do you even know the meaning of gender equality? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by peacengine(m): 11:41am On Mar 16, 2016
iPopAlomo:

And what exactly is the potential....?!

Your mother values education that is why you were sent to school, if not na ogbanje dem for call you, abi don't you know the Sickle cell anaemia sufferers were called evil spirits in the past? Our potential is this; when we enhance the innate capabilities of each individual regardless of gender we will gain more as a nation. Ever heard of lady Lovelace? She was the first computer programmer in the world, she would have not achieved such in a restrictive environment

2 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by ib22003(m): 11:41am On Mar 16, 2016
please what is it about. enlight those who dont know
tartarus:

Do you even know the meaning of gender equality? undecided
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by tartarus(m): 11:43am On Mar 16, 2016
I've come to know that many men on NL are actually brain dead. Most of them don't even know what gender equality is! As usual any topic that relates to women is just an avenue for them to bash nigerian women. Idiotic beyond measures! .

7 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 16, 2016
Your senate is filled with Islamists and you're asking for gender equality...it's like asking a lion to share the meat equally grin

3 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by P0intBlank(m): 11:46am On Mar 16, 2016
ib22003:
Nigeria has no laws that makes woman not to perform as humans. Uae has those law and there are doing better than us. so you see they dont relate.
I'm with you on this. I'm not aware of any law preventing a woman from being all she wants to be (at least here in the south). A woman can vie for any position in this country.

1 Like

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by 989900: 11:49am On Mar 16, 2016
tartarus:
I've come to know that many men on NL are actually brain dead. Most of them don't even know what gender equality is! As usual any topic that relates to women is just an avenue for them to bash nigerian women. Idiotic beyond measures! .

Seems you've seen the 'bill'; can you kindly share what the bill encompasses?
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by alexxmanz: 11:51am On Mar 16, 2016
tartarus:

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by whoisuche: 12:03pm On Mar 16, 2016
Ephesians 5 vs 21 – 22

Instructions for Christian Households[b][/b]

21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[c] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
Footnotes:

1 Like

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by whoisuche: 12:04pm On Mar 16, 2016
peacengine:

Ephesians 5 vs 21 – 22
Instructions for Christian Households
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[c] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
Footnotes:
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by ifeomaekol(f): 12:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
hensben:
mere looking at your profile pic you look weak to me.
lol r u serious?? Looks cn b very deceptive u kw. Neva count on anyones looks, could lead u astray. Nw I kw ur definition of weaker sex---thnx tho.
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by whoisuche: 12:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
lilprinze:
The problem of this country are the set of useless, selfish and greedy animals we elect as our leaders.

Ephesians 5 vs 21 – 22
Footnotes:
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by whoisuche: 12:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
BLINGZ88:
see? That's the problen with Nigerians using the bible to defend their inferiority complex... Oga, what made u say that women can be equal to men. Please elaborate.......
Note: I am a boy but I have sisters and i would want them to succeed in life with little or no help from their husband same with my female children... Think Linda ikeji

Bro if you say u want your sisters to succeed there is no problem in that you or your parents have to equip them with that by the Grace of God through Jesus Christ our Lord. There is every avenue or opportunity to succeed if one put efort and prayer and also ask God for wisdom to Excel.

Ephesians 5 vs 21 – 22
Footnotes:
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by whoisuche: 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
SleekMallam:

That world's religions didn't place premiums on women shouldn't reduce them to objects of sex or scorn.

Let's as an example take the biblical view of the creation of man and woman since you are coming from a religious angle. God created man and then made woman out of the ribs of man which laid the basis for discrimination right? What then happens to the subsequent man that got nurtured in the womb of a woman? You would agree with me that women not only creates ribs but anew baby with all potentials of a full man. This equally elevates her to godlike and worship in the strict sense of it.

In truth, men conspired to perpetually lock women down and deceive them not to know what they really worth. If as a man your eyes of understanding are opened to see the true power women carry, you would love your wife like Christ loved the church. Only few women eventually become self aware of their true nature. find them. That 90% of them are yet to be self conscious shouldn't take away anything from them.

Based on what you said read this:

Ephesians 5 vs 21 – 22
Footnotes:
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Sense911: 12:17pm On Mar 16, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by whoisuche: 12:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
Sunymoore:

wink bro..
This was my reply to one lady here...

I'll run away from registry because, the laws are created
by some bigoted heavy feminist! I'll not want a situation
where I'll divide half of my money with someone whereby,
I'm the only person that worked for it. I don't want to
lose my house and my car and also pay monthly due to some
lazy fellow... I strongly dislike to halved my retirement
money with another person.
These are my reasons... So, without the registry, I'm free
of these and I can still do what I'm responsible to do...

Basically, this is what they are asking..

If your thought is after marriage may be divorce lock around read this Bible verse.
Malachi 2: 16

"For I hate divorce!" says the LORD, the God of Israel. "To divorce your wife is to overwhelm her with cruelty," says the LORD of Heaven's Armies. "So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your wife."
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by demmie1: 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2016
Somebody should explain gender equality pls. This topic is so confusing!!!

Yab me and die tommorrow.
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2016
1. Women are mothers and who are mothers: - mothers are those women that their hearts are their children’s classroom.
Proverbs 31:10-30 (in short details)
• She is a commendable wife and mother.
• She lives for her home and family.
• She is constantly industrious.
• She is self-disciplined and orderly.
• She is a sharp business woman.
• She has good, refined tastes.
• She manifests the grace of hospitality.
• She is charitable in time of need.
• She is virtuous because she is spiritually-minded.
2. Woman was made of a rib out of the side of Adam; not made out of his head to top him, nor out of his feet to be trampled on by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be loved by him.
Woman has the willingness to listen, the patience to understand, the strength to support, the heart to care & just to be there….that is the beauty of a woman!
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by TolaniLuv: 12:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
I'm not against this ! But, things get as e Deh be oo. My ex boss was a Woman. She's so rude and arrogant af! and she's single . There's something about women with money and power! They will always misuse it..

Make things jus Deh as e Deh,

Btw, After God ! Please fear Women. Please shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Must The Next President Be A Northerner? / Kaduna Train Attack: HURIWA Tells FG To Arrest Sheikh Gumi / FG Says N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment Applicable To All Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.