Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Ijmb Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ijmb Nigeria (9764 Views)

Ugently In Need Of IJMB Past Questions / Predegree And IJMB: Which Should I Choose / Facts About Ijmb (no Utme/200 Level) How To Register For Ijmb - Www.ijmbe.org.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijmb Nigeria by cuteprince(m): 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2006
DOES ANYONW KNOW ABOUT THE INTERIM JAMB MATRICULATION BOARD (IJMB)? PLS ANY INFO ON IT, GIVE ME FULL DETAILS ABOUT THE BOARD AND ALSO REFERRALS TO ITS WEBSITE IS REQUIRED TOO.
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by henryukwa(m): 3:44pm On Nov 13, 2006
hello.ijmb is a programm that was initiated by abu zaira to enable northernals to get into the university easily without the pains of going through jamb.but the program has been hijacked by people 4rm other region.
  it is usually a 2yrs program but i know where u can run it 4 10months only in ilorin.i myself just concluded the program n anticipate adminsion into unilorin.
  for more information u can kal on this number 07033978088.my name is henry.
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by bamdil(m): 7:31am On Nov 20, 2006
IJMB are of two folds, do u mean O'level IJMB, or A'Level IJMB. If it is A'level, whenever u pass upto 15 points, u are qualified to go to 200 level in some universities that do accept IJMB. Truely speaking Henryukwa has described d programme for u, my advice for u is to go to a better school if u are not a northerner. Moreso, for u to attain that point, nhnnhn, alot of fasting and prayer is needed couple with hard reading and studying.
U are to decide for yourself whether to go or not to go.
Have a nice day Cuteprince
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by Juniorroged(m): 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2008
How can i get the past questions cos i just started the programme in Benin, Pls Is it very hard? Pls tell me more about the exam.
Charles. 08027841852 I will call u emeka.
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2008
ijmb results will soon be out,,,,,,,,probably in the next two weeks
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by jeron1(m): 7:39pm On Aug 05, 2008
men, i am an ex-ijmbite. and i finished from Ibadan Poly, but i would not even advise my dog to go for that IJMB cos its mainly meant for northerners.
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by tirex(m): 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2008
I did ijmbe too,its not that bad,but its a lil bit hard.u really need to work very hard,i did mine at ilorin.u cud also do it in a particular centre that i know just for 6mnths,If u think u r prepared.But i wud advice u to search for admission towards the northern area of nigeria,including unilorin,and some private universities.Gud luck
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by seank1: 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2008
i need someone who has done ijmb before and pass ;in ilorin to lead me through cause i want to start the programme and i want register center this my number 07034916430 or mail me sean_kelly36@yahoo.com pls call me
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by Phemour: 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2008
Yes I'm about to fill the form but i can't get something clear, on the website three faculty options is given Art, Science and Humanity. but on their Guideline Page they listed all course relating to accounting under Science and i want to Read accounting. Should i choose Faculty of science?
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by olusheyeey(f): 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2008
Hi Pls i also need info on the Unilorin's IJMB,
Phemour, are you talking about the unilorin's IJMB?
If its the one, pls mail me on stetonicliz@yahoo.com or call or text 08063041231
Anyone with vital info also should pls call, tex or mail me before its too late!
Pls i'm tired of staying home doing nothing.
Thanks to ya all!
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by Phemour: 10:51am On Nov 06, 2008
olusheyeey:

Hi please i also need info on the Unilorin's IJMB,
Phemour, are you talking about the unilorin's IJMB?
If its the one, please mail me on stetonicliz@yahoo.com or call or text 08063041231
Anyone with vital info also should please call, tex or mail me before its too late!
please i'm tired of staying home doing nothing.
Thanks to ya all!

No, its Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by sunboy(m): 3:40pm On Nov 06, 2008
I'm currently an ijmbite at kwara poly,i'll be thru next year but planning to quit. I cant afford the fee at the moment and more so it doesn't guarantee ur admission. The prog is scrab and i'll neva advice my enemy to join, better go for predegree or parttime. Its bullshit for who cant study in the north.
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by adesosh(m): 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2008
IJMB is not adviceable. I did mine at kwarapoly, uniilorin does not run any IJMB program. you can only enter uniilorin after u r 2ru wth ur IJMB. (ONLY IF YOU AV GOOD PTS)
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by Hasmos(m): 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2009
plz is there any ijmb form now??//
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by dayo23(f): 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2009
while not come to futminna,atleast no matter ur point u are sure of getting a course.
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by pholar(m): 2:28pm On Apr 15, 2010
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by mrgeorgr8: 11:24am On Jul 06, 2011
If you have been writng jamb/post umes, but have found admission extremely difficult, due to unknown factors, OR, if you had less than 200 in the just concluded UTME, and still wish to apply for your dream school, then i urge you to read this post with keen interest, inorder to grasp the message, am trying to pass across. Even for those who scored above 200 in the just concluded UTME, this is also a means to increase your chances of admission.
Now i know you might be wondering where am heading to. it is rather simple and clear. the best alternative for jamb, is IJMB.
1. What is IJMB?
Ans. interim joint matriculation board

2. It is a programme, that takes you to 200 level direct, into any school of your choice

3.This programme, is available for ALL(arts, science, commercial, sos sci etc)

4.the programme is organized by the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, and has accredited centres here in ILORIN KWARA STATE

5.Upon succesful completion of the programme, you can buy direct entry forms and apply for any school of your choice. (Note that, you no longer writes any post ume and can apply for as many schools, provided you can buy the Direcr entry forms you need)

6.During the programme you will be taught extensively, but only three subjects. for example, if you wish to study medicine or biochemistry, then your subjests combination is BIOLOGY , CHEMISTRY/ PHYSICS.

7.The final result is calculated in points. the higher the points, the better for you, that is:
A B C D E F
5 4 3 2 1 0

8.Now, if a student going for medicine gets A in biology, B in physics. C in chemistry then his aggregates becomes 12 POINTS

9.LECTURES FOR THE PROGRAMME HAS COMMENCED, BUT NOT YET IN FULL MOMEMTUM

10. THE PROGRAMME IS USALLY NINE MONTHS

11. YOU ARE ADVISED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, TO SAVE YOUR SELF STRESS.

12THE SCHOOL FEES IS VERY CHEAP AND CONTAINS ALL YOU WILL NEED FOR THE EXAMS, LECTURES, PRACTICALS ETC

13.FEES ARE PAYABLE TWICE BUT AT MINIMUM OF 70% FOR A START.

14.IT WILL BE CONVENIENT FOR YOU IF YOU LIVE CLOSE TO KWARA STATE, NEVERTHELESS EVERY ONE ARE INVITED.

FOR MORE INFO, CALL:
BBRAVE35@YAHOO.COM.

NOTE THAT: Hostel facilities are available, but nevertheless OPTIONAL

Re: Ijmb Nigeria by Stym: 10:41am On Jul 16, 2011
can some 1 help me list the accredited ijmb centers at ilorin kwara state.
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by Ajase2: 7:26am On Sep 17, 2011
Ijmb registration is almost closing now,  For those who are still interested,  Try and go and do your registration and resume lectures. There will be late registration any moment from October. For more latest info or enquiries about the ijmb registration call or send sms on 08185192062
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by Ajase2: 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2011
Good day Nairalanders, ijmb is still on for registration, Many admission list of various universities has been released . For those that found there

names on the list, i congratulate with you. For those that are not been admitted this year, i will advise you quickly come and do your ijmb registration

if you are interested in the program, a lot of people gained admission with this program this year. Registration is still on. For details call or send sms , 08180892610.
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by holaystar: 11:58am On Apr 23, 2012
Admission into Univesities through Jamb is now cubersome and Stressful. Every Year, Hundreds of thousand purchase Jamb form and write the exam and at the end only a few number of this thousands of student are admitted into the university. And even those that made it in Jamb, its just the beginning because the post ume is another long brigde to cross..

Unlike previous years, the number of students who wrote Jamb this year is alarming, statistic shows that 1.5 million wrote this last jamb, and Jamb registrar made it know that 500,000 will be admitted in College of Education, Polytechnics and Universities all together. And one Fact you need to know is that some of these schools take more of direct entry ( A level ). The Question we need to ask is what happens to the remaining 1million people. This now brings us to IJMBE.

This is a programme moderated by Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. It is designed to solve problems of admission for candidates seeking
admission into Nigeria University instead of JAMB.

The examination is conducted in May every year in designated Polytechnics and colleges Of Education,while the results is released by August,prior to August i.e. between May and July students are to purchase a direct entry form from JAMB office and apply to any school of their choice.
When admission begins in September and October, they are then short listed for admission into their chosen institution. The number of subjects a student can enter for is (3)in respect to their chosen profession.

Mean While, candidates with deficiency in O’level English Language and Mathematics can also remedy these subjects by registering for the O’level

SCORES GRADES POINTS

70-100% A 5Points
60-69% B 4Points
50-59% C 3Points
45-49% D 2Points
40-44% E 1Points
39%Below F 0Points

For a student that register for (3) Sujects with grade such as
Physics A. Chemistry B. Biology B. the Total number of points scored
will be as follows:
Physics A= 5Points
Chemistry B= 4Points
Biology C= 3Points

-----------------------------------------------------------
Total 12
Point + 1 Points Bonus

A point is awarded to the point scored by every candidate provided he
or she do not score (F) in any of the subject

CHECK PAGE 4 OF JAMB BROCHURE ITEM 2.2 (2) TO CONFIRM IJMB AS A
REQUIREMENT FOR UNIVERSITY ADMISSION.

REGISTRATION has commenced for the new set now.

OUR PRIORITY AND GOAL IS TO HELP OUR STUDENTS PASS THIS IJMB AND ALSO HELP THEM WITH THEIR ADMISSION INTO THE SCHOOL OF THEIR CHOICE

OUR LAST RESULT IS A TESTIMONY, OUR STUDENTS HAD 10 POINTS AND ABOVE. ONLY FEW HAD 8 & 9 POINTS. WITH THESE RESULTS WE ARE SURE OF THEIR ADMISSION.

WE DELIVER EXCELLENT SERVICES YOU CAN COUNT ON AGAIN AND AGAIN. WE HAVE GOOD HOSTEL ACCOMODATION AND WHERE OUR CENTER IS LOCATED IS VERY
SAFE AND CONDUCIVE

TRY US AND YOU WON'T REGRET YOU DID.

FOR MORE DETAILS CALL OR SEND SMS 08107295557 or 08158772692
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by awhychow(m): 8:30am On Sep 21, 2012
Anyone out there to help me out, i did ijmb this year and i've checked my result. But i dnt know what to do next to my result cause i registered my d.e with awaiting result. How can i update my result? I choose a.b.u. Thanks

Re: Ijmb Nigeria by Ijmbguy: 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2012
with respect to problem of how to up load ur result, call someone at ABU n scan ur result to such a person to help u submitt at the admin.
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by kittywitty85(f): 6:42am On Dec 12, 2013
adesosh: IJMB is not adviceable. I did mine at kwarapoly, uniilorin does not run any IJMB program. you can only enter uniilorin after u r 2ru wth ur IJMB. (ONLY IF YOU AV GOOD PTS)
pls are u sure of wot u ar sayin cos am abt to put in 4 it in unilorin
Re: Ijmb Nigeria by pneumaticos(m): 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
http://www.ijmb.org.ng

Securing higher institution Admission at the present time as become a menace faced by almost all Nigerian students who desire to enroll in the country tertiary institution particularly for those attempting to utilize UTME as the method of Entry. Insights clearly demonstrates that passing Joint Admissions & Matriculation Board (JAMB) and/or POST UTME doesn't warranty admission, As around 1.5million prospective candidates writes JAMB(UTME) yearly and a large fraction of 80% winds up not gaining admission. Nevertheless here comes the high-quality substitute to tertiary institution admission known as IJMB.

IJMB is of the meaning Interim Joint Matriculation Board, It is an APPROVED, PROVEN & CERTIFIED nine (9) month Advanced level programme directed by Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria with different IJMB Study Centres Nationwide. The programme is primarily designed to provide an opportunity for candidates who can not secure admission to normal degree programmes in Nigerian tertiary institutions for one cause or the opposite, has it requires no Joint Admissions & Matriculation Board (JAMB) and/or POST UTME, Also awaiting O'level result prospective applicants can Enroll.

• APPROVED: The programme is Approved by the Federal Government has a platform for securing tertiary institution admission into any higher institution in Nigeria and abroad. Its directed by Ahmadu Bello University Zaria with different Study Centres across the country.

• PROVEN: Annually around 30,000 candidates put in for the programme in which more than 25,000 applicants secure admission with it into 200 level to their preferred institution & course when contrasted with JAMB which near to 1.5 million candidates sit for annually and only 20% fraction got conceded.

• CERTIFIED: By Nigeria University Commission (NUC) has an A'level programme that qualify understudies into 200level in the tertiary institution upon successful completion of the programme. Prospective candidates can CHECK JAMB BROCHURE TO AFFIRM.
[url] http://www.ijmb.org.ng[/url]

Interested IJMB Candidates are required to pick any THREE (3) A/L IJMB Subject Combination identified with their preffered course of study in the university be it Science, Art or Social Science Course. Candidates would then be lectured on these subjects for a time period of nine(9) month at their particular chosen IJMB Study Centre and thereafter sit for the examination. On successful completion of the programme, Successful Candidates accordingly utilize their IJMB certificate to secure admission into 200level in any Nigeria tertiary institution by means of Direct Entry.

IJMB is without further ado acknowledged presently in 80% of Nigeria Universities which Accepts IJMB Admission, and It has been evaluated that yearly 80% of IJMB candidates scores more than 6 points out of an aggregate of 15point criteria for crossing the hurdle into 200level, Hence 75% uses the certificate has their gateway into 200 level in the universities.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Son Cannot Count Numbers / 2014 Delta State Bursary! / Foreign Universities In Affiliation With Nigerian Institutions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.