Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Unpaid Pension And Severance Package By Arik Air - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Unpaid Pension And Severance Package By Arik Air (733 Views)

Payporte Staff Not Paid Salary In Months – Pension And Tax Not Remitted In Years / Sacked Oil Workers Protest Unpaid Severance Packages In Rivers / Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unpaid Pension And Severance Package By Arik Air by ehinja: 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
A friend of mine while discussing told me the airline(Arik Air) he used to work with before retiring did not pay his pension fund contributions for over 24 months even after deducting same from his monthly take home over the same period.
On retiring from the same airline he is yet to get his severance package after 2 years and counting. There is so much wrong with our country my people and it is totally sad how the poor and weak is continuously exploited and nothing is being done to fix that by successive governments.
The last time I check there was a pension act setting up the pension fund administration in Nigeria. It therefore beats me how companies can not be reprimanded by the government for falling to remit pension contributions of their workers.
God save our country o.

(1) (Reply)

Being Judged Severely In Nigeria / 10 Career Mistakes to Learn From / Become A Globally Relevant B.sc And M.sc Certificate Holder With Acca Qualificat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.