Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland (25470 Views)

Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 / How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 / Ooni Of Ife Visits Alake Of Egbaland (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by olokeded: 8:25pm On Mar 16, 2016
Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun state has intervened in the public quarrel between the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba (Dr.) Sikiru Kayode Adetona and Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo.

Both paramount rulers were engaged in a dispute over ranking and supremacy in Yorubaland and Western Nigeria.

The Alake called the Awujale out to fight after he told visiting Ooni of Ife that he was the fourth ranked monarch in Western Nigeria, after the Ooni, the Alafin and the Oba of Benin.

He ranked Awujale fifth. Awujale, seized the inaugural lecture for a professorial chair at Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, to state facts, in his own way. He said, to the anger of Alake and his chiefs, that the Alake’s dominion does not extend beyond Ake quarters in Abeokuta.

Amosun with the sparring kings behind closed doors.

Amosun with the two monarchs

While answering questions from newsmen after the meeting, the governor said that the monarchs have come to discuss how peace and tranquility will continue to reign in the state.

“I don’t want you to go and write anything out of context. Yes, we are here, our fathers are here to see me. Of course, we deliberated on so many things. I’m sure you want to say what is happening.

“Indeed, nothing is happening. They came here to see the possibility of how to make sure we have peace‎ in the state, among so many other things that we did.

“Don’t forget that this would be the first time I would have the opportunity – I’ve shown my appreciation before for the 40th anniversary, so, it is an opportunity for me to still show that.
Something to cheer here: Oba Gbadebo smiles

“So, if you think that you want to ask that what is the outcome, outcome of what?. We have come here to deliberate and as always, it’s always a pleasure for me to have our fathers around here.

“There is nothing like ranking of Oba, we know ourselves. Our fathers, they have their ways, even, before the advent of all these colonials and what have you.

“We have ways of how we live in harmony and I think we will continue to do that. Don’t forget, and I’m saying this again with all due humility and sense of responsibility, that in the context of we Yorubas, we know our pre-eminent status.

The Awujale and Paramount ruler of Ijebuland,Oba (Dr.) Sikiru Kayode Adetona,Ogbagba II declined to speak with newsmen as he just said, “I want to say hello to you….there is no problem gentlemen, please. Thank you very much”.

In his own reaction about the meeting, the Alake and paramount ruler of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo, Okukenu IV spoke about his efforts to resolve the dispute between the striking workers and Ogun state government.

“I have come to see my governor for many things, including the strike action of the workers and I’m very sure they would go back to work very soon by the grace of God”, the monarch assured.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/photos-governor-amosun-reconciles.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by Redomi(m): 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
Now, How many years I take senior you?

1 Like

Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by mymadam(m): 8:48pm On Mar 16, 2016
So who is No 4? Thank you.
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by Tunami(m): 8:52pm On Mar 16, 2016
thats good, after all this their ranking won't stop buhari from junketing around the world.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 16, 2016
Isese ni tagba
Ajobi a gbe wa o

4 Likes

Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by omohayek: 8:57pm On Mar 16, 2016
These two obas should be ashamed that the governor had to be brought in to play the adult settling differences between two squabbling children. Who cares about such petty nonsense as "ranking" in this day and age?

7 Likes

Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by freeDR(m): 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
Alake stirred up trouble when he made himself into a ranking agency. In a bid to please the Ooni, he ended up displeasing many others.

20 Likes

Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by Sunofgod(m): 9:44pm On Mar 16, 2016
Tinubu - all these useless Oba's
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by bunmioguns(m): 9:44pm On Mar 16, 2016
cool

Someone should inform SIA to also settle the issue of the civil servants in the state

They have been on strike now for more than a week
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by Omotayor123(f): 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2016
Good move. But those Obas needs to grow up! cool
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by UnknownT: 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2016
Who go settle beef btw me and my land lord, I dey owe am 3 months rent, I don beg the caretaker to mediate, him no gree cry

3 Likes

Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by CACAWA(m): 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2016
I'm surprised that Alaafin did not complain about being No. 2 in Alakes ranking.

Oyo Empire that has been dishing out blows since the days of Sango.

If I hear.

Ahhhh...Iku baba yeye.....ahhh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:47pm On Mar 16, 2016
Better. Rather than bringing up unnecessary issues to the public domain which can cause disunity.
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by kennyman2000(m): 9:47pm On Mar 16, 2016
Thank you Amosun!
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by ngmgeek(m): 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2016
Dispute over ranking and supremacy.

What do they expect from their subjects.

Talk about role models cheesy
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by Wendyslim(f): 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2016
Nice one
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by porrigeyam(m): 9:49pm On Mar 16, 2016
Just came back from a lengthy bias ban cc mynd44 don't want any trouble.

Please any **** youth should detest insulting any of our oba ...thanks
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by asiwaju87(m): 9:49pm On Mar 16, 2016
So who is now the #aja1 and who is #aja2

Oro rirun
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by Bluezy13(m): 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2016
That's commendable...
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by rawtouch: 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2016
Small pikin fight
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by Freegift75: 9:52pm On Mar 16, 2016
[q] “In short, the Alake, from history and all available
records, is a very junior traditional ruler in Yorubaland. His peers in Ijebuland are the Dagburewe of Idowa; Ajalorun of Ijebu-Ife; Akija of Ikija-Ijebu; Olowu of Owu-Ijebu; Oloko of Ijebu-Imushin; Orimolusi of Ijebu-Igbo and Ebumawe of Ago Iwoye……..[/q] quoting Awujale

——————————————————————

Once again, to all who may have come across my rejoinder in any form or shape, may I categorically declare that I am not representing any organization neither am I a Public Relation Officer for anybody as far as this article is concern.

But I felt that degrading my home town, washing down the Royal Office of my Kingdom with a statement that may cause mayhem, and later embarrassment to my people needed a closer look.

After reading the bomb-shell, I got upset and furious, I relaxed waiting for the true sons of the soil to make this rejoinder. And am very sure, many erudite citizens and scholars from my home town will feel the same only that some may have been coward into their shell for the best reason known to them. This is quiet shameful and unfortunate.

Nevertheless, I think we need to the make the record straight from our own end as well. Ijebu Igbo is a Kingdom and not a town. We have known the Ijebu people to be co-habiting among each other, with the natural and God-given business acumen from the era of slave trade till the independence, also in the history, I happened to discover that Ijebus are peace loving people, closely knight together as siblings with their culture and heritage.

While we are trying not to cause confusion among the siblings by making a comparative statement that will not go down well to the whole Ijebu Land, I and my people, my colleague who share the same aspiration with me had hitherto find it very difficult to swallow that “Orimolusi Vacant stool”, the throne we are still struggling to fill could be washed down publicly as such in spite of the honour we bestowed on each other as neighbors and siblings, where and when we are all admitted that we are brothers keeper.

Albeit, even the absence of Orimolusi is an indication the He or She, His Royal Highness, The Orimolusi of Ijebu Igbo, Adoro-oke, Omo Olufore-sete-je(Our future King) does not even involve in the file and rancor debate on who is Junior and who is senior.

Yet, as He/She is vaporised and diminished in public is worrisome as such and to look into why this same Orimolusi is never emerge.

Without much of rhetorics and for the sake of those who never have the opportunity to read our history, the founder of Ijebu Igbo came from Ijebu Ode, in search of daily bread, went to Ijebu Igbo on hunting, only to come and discovered that his junior brother has taken over their father’s throne, in order to avoid feuds among siblings he was then persuaded to dominate Ijebu Igbo as his own Kingdom.

The idea of who is Senior or Junior was created as a result of Political dominance and geographical location. It is very unfortunate that Oba Adeboye involved in a plane crash in those days, the effect of which crippled Ijebu Igbo till now. Hence we will be speaking different language today.

I am an holder of traditional mace and will never insult the elders or our Royal Fathers, who am I to say that His Majesty did not say well but I think we should also be able to make the record straight where we find it crooked. Not because of today but for the Unity of all and Sundry in Ijebu Land and Yoruba Land at large. Orimousi is never a Junior Oba. We are a Kingdom of our own and not a town.

Prior to independence, Orimolusi has remained superior in Ijebuland, especially during London 1957 Conference where only Orimolusi represented Ijebuland in yoruba land.

We don't need to bend history for any unjustifiable reason. We remain a kindom and nothing can change that.

Sign
Dr Saint

4 Likes

Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by ijebu2020: 9:58pm On Mar 16, 2016
UnknownT:
Who go settle beef btw me and my land lord, I dey owe am 3 months rent, I don beg the caretaker to mediate, him no gree cry

between you and your landlord nobody will settle that the solution is that landlord will kick you out very soon using Kai or lastma or lawma self ..dont go and pay sit down on NL and be asking..ur landlord is coming for you soon..

1 Like

Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by DBossNG(m): 9:58pm On Mar 16, 2016
So dem don turn pikin wey people dey settle quarrel for. I laugh in German grin grin grin
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by seunny4lif(m): 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2016
grin cheesy
After 2 bowls of eba mixed with Ibadan fake weed per each person
Dem come dey mislead us on Yoruba history grin grin
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by Freegift75: 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2016
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by datola: 10:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
IjeGba thing! As Prof. Wole Soyinka would wants to put it.
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
Now, did you notice the umbrella-man shielding only the Awujale of Ijebuland while the Alake was left unprotected from the rays of the blazing sun? grin

Well, it is nothing but here in iJebu - our king is treated with honour, respect & regard wherever he goes. grin

1 Like

Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by Liljeez(m): 10:06pm On Mar 16, 2016
So obas too dey beef....shame
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by ibkgab001: 10:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
Oba yahoos
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by phemmie06(m): 10:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
Everyone fighting for power
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by AlexyA(m): 10:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
2016,,,,,A year of fighting and reconcilation,,,,,everyday fighting,,,,,all dese rich people,una nuh dey tire sef?
Re: Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
Nothing to settle here. They should have told the Alake of Ake Egba to stop running his mouth to his superiors as a 2nd class King. The man suffers from short man syndrome, just as the Ooni is insecure and has low self-esteem. A lot of these Yoruba kings are clowns.

We need to break Ijebus off the clowns running around as Yorubas today and start a new identity. They have descrated what's left of the culture/traditions.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi & His Wives Spotted At An Event / Ooni Enitan Adeyeye With Oba Sijuwade In Throwback Photo / Emir Sanusi And Aliko Dangote In London At FT Africa Pre-Summit Dinner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.