Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,026 members, 7,852,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:38 PM

I Almost Committed Suicide - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Almost Committed Suicide (801 Views)

Apostle Suleman Celebrates His Birthday, Gifts Committed Church Workers N15M / Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith / Bolanle Ambode Committed Sacrilege And Should Apologise — African Church Bishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Almost Committed Suicide by leoleo59: 10:04pm On Mar 16, 2016
I am 25yrs of Age, with 5 younger ones, Am currently doing my n.c.e at Adeyemi college of Education....The second born is out of school getting ready for service, while the 3rd born should be at part 3,while the 4th born just gained admission.... I am the oldest of all doing my nce(my education is somehow slow due to some circumstances).I noticed that my dad doesn't love me asa first born, my younger ones are valuable than I, everything mistakes I docounts, while my younger ones mistakes are overlooked... He even called me one day that he's not proud ofme, that am not presentable.In short, home is like Hell fire... He told me that he's through with me after my NCE program.Though I am an huzzler, I try not to call them much for much.. I work here and there to survive in school... so as from December I left home till now (March) I haven't called home for money, not evengoing home at all, to avoid being a burden to them...my father once told meI have no future...he compares my progress to my younger ones...(sobing)He dare not see me bringing a lady as friend home let alone gf.. ..but my younger ones do bring friends ladies or male....My younger ones enjoy opportunities than I.. .i am just neglected .So I decided that before they see me, it will be long may be May or when I finish my program by August...The question is, hope am not wrong by not going home, (bcoz my dad is just so strict)... I don't know maybe I would havebeen disowned already for not coming home.... Home is just like Hell(and besides am 25, I need to learn to be independent) ....Am I wrong by not going home for a long time even though he's still sponsoring me.... plz help me out.... thanks
Re: I Almost Committed Suicide by tempem: 10:29pm On Mar 16, 2016
A 25yr old man! Really Old!!! Get yourself checked at the hospital first. Your write-up was a mess. You don't really have "ficton" as a gift. Am just 22, don't know the way I can help this lying Grandpa... You posted the same story in the family section...
Re: I Almost Committed Suicide by orlaryhincah(m): 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2016
I'll say u made the right choice distancing yourself from home. But u need to visit once in a while. If possible may once every 2weeks. And u didn't mention ur Mom here, does she act the same way as your dad? Which ever way it seems, pray well and get closer to God.
Re: I Almost Committed Suicide by orlaryhincah(m): 10:34pm On Mar 16, 2016
tempem:
A 25yr old man! Really Old!!! Get yourself checked at the hospital first. Your write-up was a mess. You don't really have "ficton" as a gift. Am just 22, don't know the way I can help this lying Grandpa... You posted the same story in the family section...
Hehe, that's harsh ke. Omode n se eh!
Re: I Almost Committed Suicide by johnydon22(m): 10:35pm On Mar 16, 2016
leoleo59:
I am 25yrs of Age, with 5 younger ones, Am currently doing my n.c.e at Adeyemi college of Education....The second born is out of school getting ready for service, while the 3rd born should be at part 3,while the 4th born just gained admission.... I am the oldest of all doing my nce(my education is somehow slow due to some circumstances).I noticed that my dad doesn't love me asa first born, my younger ones are valuable than I, everything mistakes I docounts, while my younger ones mistakes are overlooked... He even called me one day that he's not proud ofme, that am not presentable.In short, home is like Hell fire... He told me that he's through with me after my NCE program.Though I am an huzzler, I try not to call them much for much.. I work here and there to survive in school... so as from December I left home till now (March) I haven't called home for money, not evengoing home at all, to avoid being a burden to them...my father once told meI have no future...he compares my progress to my younger ones...(sobing)He dare not see me bringing a lady as friend home let alone gf.. ..but my younger ones do bring friends ladies or male....My younger ones enjoy opportunities than I.. .i am just neglected .So I decided that before they see me, it will be long may be May or when I finish my program by August...

Your Father thinks you have no future and treats your siblings better than you at least from your own perspective.

I cannot pretend to know exactly how you feel cus i have never being there before so i cannot know for sure i can only imagine how you feel.

But i figured if you live your life to please others to your own expense you'll forever live a life that puts a frown on your own face.

Your father has his opinion about you, the most important and i think the only question that matters here is

What is your own perception of yourself?

Only your opinion about yourself matters more than every other person's.. Do not let your father's words push you to the wall, or make his words push you into desperate acts.

No.

Do you and that is it.

Do what you must to ensure your comfortability, happiness and peace ..

Your happiness is not dependent sorely on your father or anyone else for that matter, it is sorely your responsibility.

You have nothing to prove to your father... Do what you must for you.

The question is, hope am not wrong by not going home, (bcoz my dad is just so strict)... I don't know maybe I would havebeen disowned already for not coming home.... Home is just like Hell(and besides am 25, I need to learn to be independent) ....Am I wrong by not going home for a long time even though he's still sponsoring me.... plz help me out.... thanks

I'd suggest you visit your family not just for your father but your mother too and siblings and for that love.

You do not necessarily need to ask for anything from him if you visit just visit because you miss them, want to see them and that's all.

For the suicide part

I shuddered at that thought, what ever gave you the impression that suicide is a way out, i wonder.

You see i figured life is a story, we write and if you kill your self you'll never stick around to find out how the story ends (either for good or bad)

No matter how troubling life may be, i'd rather stick around and see how the story plays out finally.

Life is a rare chance but what you do with it is sorely up to you..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Committed Suicide by tempem: 10:37pm On Mar 16, 2016
orlaryhincah:
I'll say u made the right choice distancing yourself from home. But u need to visit once in a while. If possible may once every 2weeks. And u didn't mention ur Mom here, does she act the same way as your dad? Which ever way it seems, pray well and get closer to God.
She's isn't part of this scene. Wait for the next Episode, she'll certainly be featured.
Re: I Almost Committed Suicide by tempem: 10:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
orlaryhincah:

Hehe, that's harsh ke. Omode n se eh!
Agreed! Check his profile, maybe you'll have a rethink.
Re: I Almost Committed Suicide by orlaryhincah(m): 10:45pm On Mar 16, 2016
tempem:
Agreed! Check his profile, maybe you'll have a rethink.
It's nothing bro
Re: I Almost Committed Suicide by tempem: 10:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
orlaryhincah:
It's nothing bro
Heard!
Re: I Almost Committed Suicide by asalimpo(m): 12:04am On Mar 17, 2016
johnydon22:

I shuddered at that thought, what ever gave you the impression that suicide is a way out, i wonder.

You see i figured life is a story, we write and if you kill your self you'll never stick around to find out how the story ends (either for good or bad)

So true bro. Stick it out.

#Besides, i do wonder, Why do first borns take so much fire?
Some one wrote a book "Why first borns?"
Re: I Almost Committed Suicide by Nobody: 4:35am On Mar 17, 2016
@tempem. Does that invalidate his story as 'fiction' because he posted it in the family and religion sections?
Someone is in pain and your first response is for him to get himself checked?!
Why didn't you ignore his story since he broke some unwritten laws according to you. They say don't say anything if you don't have anything nice to say. İt looks like you need this advice.
İ don't mean to come hard at you. İt's just really critical people get my goat and trigger my defences.
@OP,listen to johnydon22. He has a point too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Committed Suicide by tempem: 5:27am On Mar 17, 2016
redwriter:
@tempem. Does that invalidate his story as 'fiction' because he posted it in the family and religion sections?
Someone is in pain and your first response is for him to get himself checked?!
Why didn't you ignore his story since he broke some unwritten laws according to you. They say don't say anything if you don't have anything nice to say. İt looks like you need this advice.
İ don't mean to come hard at you. İt's just really critical people get my goat and trigger my defences.
@OP,listen to johnydon22. He has a point too.
Noted. We'll both see.

(1) (Reply)

Religious Bill: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor / Eckhart Tolle Spiritual Healing / Pastor Adeboye's Wife Mrs. Adeboye Looking Dapper In South African Outfit (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.