Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,864 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide (69713 Views)

Amazing Inventions That Should Totally Exist / Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? / Inventors Who Were Killed By Their Own Inventions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by makabulchi(m): 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2016
LoveMachine:
Nice post. The brain drain is real.
Wen we no go support/encourage our own nko..2bad tho

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by giles14(m): 9:07pm On Mar 17, 2016
garfield16:

They are both obnoxious human beings. Buruju Kashamu today donated money for a patients operation, it doesn't make him any less obnoxious. The problem with you Ibos is as soon as someone throws money at you he becomes a god.
its always u ibos is dis is dat.we don't worship pple in my beloved tribe lik yours.and as far as am concerned ifeanyi ubah is in a million times better than buruju kashamu.say bk donation money no b my concern.
iu is seriously developing my state n town in general. wat has bk done for u..
and for d igbos defending her sons and daughters, its a trend we learned from d tribalistic yorubas n bigot fulanis cos hausas are extinct
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by ATERI(m): 9:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
charliboy654:

What are you thinking?

Thinking... this is the type of news very infrequent on the BBC
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:11pm On Mar 17, 2016
Oluwatobex:

God bless you Bro. Tribalism is a major encumbrance to the progress of this nation, it has really killed most sectors that could have elevated our image before the World. It makes me go crazy
May God save us from this satanic tool called tribalism and ethnicity. God bless you too

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by texazzpete(m): 9:16pm On Mar 17, 2016
70% of the people on that list didn't invent anything.

Someone took a Chinese Android tablet, branded it 'INYE' and sold it to gullible folks as a 'Nigerian Tablet' and today he's been heralded by a victim of our poor educational system as an 'inventor'

Na wa

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by CSTR2: 9:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
These are some of the things that made america the greatest nation on earth.
Imagine if these inventions were made in Nigeria and applied in industry, health care and military and held as a proprietry technology by the Nigerian govt to be sold to only friendly nations cum allies.
We are talking of first world economic prosperity.
Unfortunately, Nigeria as a nation is lost.

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by Okpueze1(m): 9:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
Why are you sooo afraid to mention ANAMBRA STATE where necessary. You were just intelligently by-passing in the bio section! Kudos to them all and many unrecognised ones!
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by anochuko01(m): 9:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
charliboy654:

And what does it take to study abroad? Teeth abi?
Nigeria average capital per income is 18000 naira, thats not even enough to school in Nigeria not to talk of going abroad.

we're saying same thing, I guess...
education here is nothing to write home about...
unlike over there where you've got everything you need...
I hope to have sound, quality education out there as well some days, even though it seems out of reach for me now...I can't allow Nigeria define my life for me and make me wallow in self pity...

2 Likes

Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 17, 2016
giles14:
its always u ibos is dis is dat.we don't worship pple in my beloved tribe lik yours.and as far as am concerned ifeanyi ubah is in a million times better than buruju kashamu.say bk donation money no b my concern.
iu is seriously developing my state n town in general. wat has bk done for u..
and for d igbos defending her sons and daughters, its a trend we learned from d tribalistic yorubas n bigot fulanis cos hausas are extinct

it is true you dont worship people, you worship money! and whoever has the money at any point in time is your master. That is why you dont respect institutions everywhere you go because for you it's all about money and that is why your peoiple will do anything for money, narcortics, fake drugs, substandard goods, collapsed buildings, anything so long as you can make money because in your land name has no meaning, only money.

why are you asking what Buruju has done for me did I tell you he is a hero to me? You are the one worshipping the thug called Uba because he is usung money he acquired illegally through subsidy and other scams including duping his fellow imo men to buy your affections because in your stupidity you have bought into his propaganda of being a man of the people. You are too stupid to realise this is all part of his plan to go into politics. A man who is owing allover the place is giving you money, if he were a man of integrity he'd pay his debts first.

In any event my point is a country that puts people like Ubah and Kashamu in prominent positions in their society will never value intellectuals aand as such brains will drain to other countries that value intellect in their socirty. It is this brain drain that has been occurring for the last 30 years that has produced the kind of society we have today where people like Ubah and Kashamu are prominent in our society. People like them existed in the past but they knew their place, they dared not even aspire to public office. But with the brain drain, the lunatics have taken over the assylum and these idiots are the ones setting the values for people like you. You wouldn't know otherwise because you are a product of a flawed system, you are only as good as the system that produced you and if all the brains had left during your development how can you know any better?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by Lecturebidz(m): 9:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
NDprudent:
And 90 percent of them are based abroad. Nigeria, why?
I tink say na only me see am o! But we know why.
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by LoveMachine(m): 9:31pm On Mar 17, 2016
makabulchi:

Wen we no go support/encourage our own nko..2bad tho

We'll get there someday. I have big hopes for our future.

igwegeorgiano:
and that is exactly the bane of nigeria's underdevelopment. nigeria will forever remained a developing nation until the status quo is changed

I've read some articles about professionals returning home. With WTC in the FCT and the Eko project coming to fruition they'll hopefully have a reason to return other than on holidays.
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 17, 2016
i'm also a bio-inventor. May God help me.
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by smartleo(m): 9:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
pythonkid:
Why is seun osewa not there, the guy made nairaland before mark created the Facebook.. Just that Nigerians always get stuck when they achieve one thing..
But seriously was NL before Facebook?
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by smartleo(m): 9:50pm On Mar 17, 2016
garfield16:

They are both obnoxious human beings. Buruju Kashamu today donated money for a patients operation, it doesn't make him any less obnoxious. The problem with you Ibos is as soon as someone throws money at you he becomes a god.

The reason why Nigerian Brains can't excel in a country like Nigeria is that people like you dont appreciate them, you are more interested in glorifying imbeciles like Uba and Kashamu.
See WORD
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by Lamexx(m): 10:00pm On Mar 17, 2016
One thing is very clear that all this. If you want to be a 21st century world class Nigerian inventor with patent right, you need to study for a PhD in the US...not UK, not France but US. US here I come.
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by Heffalump(m): 10:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
firstolalekan:
Proudly Yoruba cool

70% representing cool

Ethnic bigotry is killing you, man! This investors were not like you, and so they went far.
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
Add this too; Dr Kabir Abdulkadir he is known to have introduced the use of jatropha caucus plant for variety of use such as Bioenergy use, extracts of its to make other relevant products as is crude oil. He was my boss. we just dont invest on intellectual creativity damn it. Despite our effort of meeting governors , prominent elites et al, yet our effort wasn't given any due consideration damn it.
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by johnsonsegxy: 11:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
pythonkid:
Why is seun osewa not there, the guy made nairaland before mark created the Facebook.. Just that Nigerians always get stuck when they achieve one thing..

Wrong, Seun created nairaland with a pre-design web template called smf just like WordPress, joomla, etc. Seun doesn't code from search which web developers are known for. A web developer is different to a web designer.

A web developer tends to develop from scratch using codes in which Mark Zuckerberg did using PHP, while a web designer tends to use more of templates sites like Joomla, smf, WordPress, Photoshops etc.

Not hating but pure truths from a computer scientist/programmer/coder.
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by Rexnegro(m): 11:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
Goodcare:
And you forget to mention my name funminiyi Elijah the first person to start ELDERLY CARE 07056737703 IN NIGERIA.
CLICK LIKE TO ENCOURAGE ME JAREE......
just say You want like #simple... cos You re Your own best encouragement
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by sam90s(m): 12:03am On Mar 18, 2016
You missed this Robbery Einstein General Sani Abacha: Stole enough cash to last 5 generations 5 life time.
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by gatoyi: 1:09am On Mar 18, 2016
Right. Like equal access to education? Last time I checked, all those men were highly educated! Mtcheeew! Your mother would be so proud!

charliboy654:

No they are busy fighting for equality
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by Nobody: 2:35am On Mar 18, 2016
LoveMachine:
Nice post. The brain drain is real.
Exactly....

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 18, 2016
gatoyi:
Right. Like equal access to education? Last time I checked, all those men were highly educated! Mtcheeew! Your mother would be so proud!

Last time I check no one is stopping any woman from education. Is not like its illegal for a woman to be educated. But how many of them really wants to be educated, most Nigeria girls are looking for already made men to make their life easy. If u don't have anything to say shut up.
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by Lilimax(f): 6:15am On Mar 18, 2016
Jobabori:

No they are not sleeping, some useless one are busy attending MC Oluomo braless birthday party.
shocked
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by firstolalekan(m): 6:53am On Mar 18, 2016
[s]
Heffalump:

Ethnic bigotry is killing you, man! This investors were not like you, and so they went far.
[/s]
Ode
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by firstolalekan(m): 6:54am On Mar 18, 2016
[s]
jamjo:

Please are you sure you are Yoruba, or you don't know how to read , 16 on the list, 6 Igbo , 5 Yoruba, 3 Hausa, 1 Edo, 1 Delta and you are claiming 70% This are Nigerians that are making us proud let it be..
[/s]
Olodo
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by jamjo: 8:08am On Mar 18, 2016
firstolalekan:

Olodo

Don't use insult to defend yourself, you may call me olodo just read and understand well before you make a claim that corresponds with the truth that is all.

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by loadux(f): 8:41am On Mar 18, 2016
firstolalekan:
Proudly Yoruba cool

70% representing cool

olodo what has Yoruba or the tribe this people come from has to do with it, most of this people are not even Nigerians even though they bear Nigerian name but they don't live here.
why don't you rather develop urself and allow people to celebrate u not ur tribe
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by Themandator: 9:40am On Mar 18, 2016
Shymm3x:
Add these two to ya list:

1). Deji Akinwande (Stanford)
He is a co-inventor of a high-frequency chip-to-chip interconnect and an electrically small antenna for bio-electronics. Prof. Akinwande has been honored with the inaugural IEEE Nano Geim and Novoselov Graphene Prize, the NSF CAREER award, the Army and DTRA Young Investigator awards, the 3M Nontenured Faculty Award, and was a past recipient of fellowships from the Ford Foundation, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, and Stanford DARE Initiative. He is one of the directors of the NASCENT ERC center at UT Austin. He recently co-authored a textbook on carbon nanotubes and graphene device physics by Cambridge University Press, 2011. His work on flexible graphene systems was selected as among the "best of 2012" by the nanotechweb online technology news portal and has been featured on MIT's technology review and other technical media outlets.

2). John Dabiri (Stanford)
John Dabiri, Professor of Aeronautics and Bioengineering at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), invented a revolutionary new wind turbine by studying schools of fish.

A conventional helix wind turbine converts 47% of wind energy into electricity. But this average rate of production drops significantly if the turbine is placed too close to other turbines, since interference leads to energy loss.

John Dabiri discovered a solution to this problem... in the ocean. While examining schools of fish, he noticed that each fish creates waves in the water as it moves, but these waves do not slow the progress of the group as a whole. On the contrary: “there is constructive hydrodynamic interference between the wakes of neighboring fish,” says Dabiri (source of quote: www.caltech.edu). In other words, the interference caused by each fish helps the entire school travel faster.

Based on his research, in 2009 Dabiri designed a biomimetic wind turbine that bears no resemblance to a traditional wind turbine: in addition to being much shorter in height, it lacks the usual helix. Instead, it has several small panels arranged in cylindrical fashion around a vertical shaft.

And yet this turbine can convert up to 59.3% of the wind’s energy – the maximum power that a wind turbine can provide. Quieter and less costly, these turbines occupy much less land because they work synergistically.

The work of this pioneering researcher earned him a grant from the Ellen MacArthur Foundation in 2010. Since that time, modern wind farms have been successfully constructed in Alaska and California.

You should add this also, this guys is born a researcher : Prof Peter Nwangwu and Emeagwali who I once chatted with on facebook.
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by Chimdiebere(m): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2016
Op, you didn't add Dr Philip Emeagwali, the man behind one of the world's fastest computer!
Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by igwegeorgiano(m): 10:47am On Mar 18, 2016
LoveMachine:

We'll get there someday. I have big hopes for our future.

I've read some articles about professionals returning home. With WTC in the FCT and the Eko project coming to fruition they'll hopefully have a reason to return other than on holidays.
we just hope that they have come to stay and not visit

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide by LoveMachine(m): 11:01am On Mar 18, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
we just hope that they have come to stay and not visit

Most definitely!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Indonesian Fisherman Stunned To Find Mutant Baby Shark With Human Face (Photos) / Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . / My First Time Seeing Elephants Fight. No Wonder They Say Grass Stuffers (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.