Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

It Is Easier For A Club Which Has Messi To Win Games - Mourinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It Is Easier For A Club Which Has Messi To Win Games - Mourinho (494 Views)

Maradona Slams Argentine Team, Compares Messi To Argentine Comedian, Patoruzu / Pay After Win Games... / Betting Tips For Today.. Sure Win Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Is Easier For A Club Which Has Messi To Win Games - Mourinho by youngsahito(m): 10:54am On Mar 17, 2016
– Jose Mourinho believes team play has helped Barcelona to succeed
– He said Lionel Messi makes winning easy for the Catalan giants
The former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has stated that team play is responsible for the success of Barcelona, adding that it is not just about Lionel Messi.
The 53-year-old Portuguese believes the Catalan giants have carved a niche for themselves in modern football and all thanks to team play by the superstars, but confessed that it is easier for a club which has Messi to win games, because of his qualities.
The Barcelona number 10 has won an incredible 26 senior titles in his illustrious career, but Mourinho says that his success on the pitch is aided by the whole of the team.
“First of all it’s about individual players,” he told BT Sport .
“Just to give you an example, Messi won the Champions League with three different managers.
“I think it’s easier to win with him, than against him. I am a football team manager. I know that sometimes people think that the individual is more important than the team.
“But when I feel that it is time for me to take a permanent holiday. I still think that the team is more important than anything.
“But the obvious reality is that there are some players who can make a difference.”
The same Catalan giants knocked out Arsene Wenger’s men at the same stage in the 2014/2015 season of the competition. Barcelona won the second leg 3 – 1, with Elneny getting a consolation for the English Premier League team.
It ended 5 – 1 on aggregates in favour of Barcelona after the first leg ended 2 – 0 in favour of the defending champion

https://www.naij.com/767307-read-jose-mourinho-said-lionel-messi.html

Re: It Is Easier For A Club Which Has Messi To Win Games - Mourinho by divinehand2003(m): 11:00am On Mar 17, 2016
Barcelona currently rock UEFA world, let them be at the top. It's their time to shine.

(1) (Reply)

Watch Bayer Leverkusen Vs Villarreal Europa League Game Online Live Stream / Frank Lampard Named The First Professional Footballer. / Westerhof Wants To Coach Nigeria Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.