Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

(PHOTOS) Meet Africa's Young Philanthropist And Youth Empowerment Advocate - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / (PHOTOS) Meet Africa's Young Philanthropist And Youth Empowerment Advocate (627 Views)

Register For Africa’s Young Entrepreneurs Empowerment Nigeria ( AYEEN ) 2017 / Africa’s Young Entrepreneurs Empowerment Nigeria (AYEEN) 2016 Now Open (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

(PHOTOS) Meet Africa's Young Philanthropist And Youth Empowerment Advocate by afrifuturestarz(m): 1:56pm On Mar 17, 2016
He believes the act of philanthropy should not be the function of the rich alone and that the right time to engage in any humanitarian/charity work is at ones youth age.

His name is Rtr Ifeanyi Aniagoh, a 33 years old from Anambra state in South-East Nigeria. M.O.P (Man Of the People) as he is fondly called was in 2015 nominated for the Ford Foundation Future Awards in Youth Employment. It is a set of prizes given annually to celebrate and accelerate innovation, creativity and enterprise amongst young Africans aged 18 – 31. This Awards has been tagged the ‘Nobel Prize for Young Africans’, and the ‘most important youth awards’ by Forbes.

With a B. Engr. in Agricultural and Bioresources, one would have thought he was going to pursue a career in that field. But as he once said during an interview he granted; ‘while growing up I’ve always wanted to volunteer, to participate in any community services, to put smile on peoples face. I remembered when I was a kid, how I would ask my peers to tell me their problem and that I was going to solve it. The passion was just there’.
He has executed so many projects across Anambra State and beyond. Projects like ‘Stay Alive Project’ in a community in Anambra State, sponsored by the Global HIV/AIDS Initiative. He is the Coordinator of Wake-Up Call Youth Empowerment Foundation.

Anambra State Governor, Mr Willie Obiano, in recognizing the place of Social Media and Youth Participation in Governance with over 40% Youths in his political appointments and leadership positions in the state has appointed him Senior Special Adviser on Social Media.

Ifeanyi has attended numerous workshops both locally and internationally. Most recently is the Africa Youth Workshop on Human Rights held at University of South Africa, Pretoria, South Africa. He has won over 20 awards on Social Media exploits, Youth Development, Youth Empowerment and Leadership Excellence.

Read more...
Source: http://www.africafuturestars.com/2016/03/ifeanyi-aniagoh-meet-africas-newest.html

(1) (Reply)

Pharmacist At Reddington Hospital / Industrial Attachment Opportunity In Lekki / Mikado Nigeria Limited Is Recruiting For Various Positions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.