Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred (19942 Views)

N400m Fraud: Metuh Writes DSS To Allow Dasuki To Testify As Witness / Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge / Remi Tinubu Writes Petition To Police IG Over Dino Melaye. See The Petition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by sweetcocoa(f): 6:39pm On Mar 17, 2016
If na secondary school classmates, I can see why cheesy grin

But we know all these tactics, you must go to jail, ole.

3 Likes

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by saintmark88(m): 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
I do not believe in the nonsense called rule of law......

1 Like

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by cola: 6:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
Abang Okon? Is that not the judge that gave that 2 billion naira bail to Badeh?

This judge seems the most ruthless against accused looters!

Metuh has good reasons not to want this man on his case.

Nobody would cheesy cheesy cheesy

Next he would say the man is his nephew grin

Anything to get the man off his case!

8 Likes

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by dan2976: 6:44pm On Mar 17, 2016
that's right.. metuh and I were in the same class. obasanjo was in form 2B back then and Lawrence Anini was our head boy.... yes. back in the days....

2 Likes

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by gigabyte13: 6:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
So, Metuh just realised after 8 witnesses from the prosecution and none from his defence with 3 adjournment already that the judge was his classmate?

May be he was expecting favour from the judge and the guy wasnt playing along. Just 2 adjournments left for metuh's fate to be decided, he now realised that the judge was his classmate, so f**king what?

May be he stole the guy handout way back in school and here he is accused of a bigger crime. Metuh is done for, Metuh looting and stealing from time lmoriver.

9 Likes

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by obinoral1179(m): 6:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
I need mr adeaks opinion on this.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by Remii(m): 7:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
DaBullIT:
Walahi people no get shame again

that what is called the fight of life, dem no wan go jail with clear eyes, lol

2 Likes

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by dyn1800: 7:15pm On Mar 17, 2016
That's what you do when you're not sure of your defence....I think Metuh is guilt as charge

5 Likes

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by ihatesycophant(m): 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2016
If a judge is your mate and you don't want him to determine your case, it means you're a bad person when in school. How would any of my mate see me and not be happy seeing me or recognize me and even giving me full attention. Truly Metuh was not a good student when in school.

3 Likes

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by cola: 7:19pm On Mar 17, 2016
seunmsg:
Before Metuh was eventually charged to court, he ran his mouth like tap everywhere telling whoever cares to listen that if the government have evidence against, they should charge him to court and he will defend himself. Now that he's in court, to open his defence is a problem. The prosecuting team have closed their case for over two weeks and Metuh and his team cannot open their defence. If he's not making frivolous application, his Lawyer will be in an unnamed hospital in Ilorin treating an unnamed ailment.

Now, he wants the judge to hands of the case because they were classmates. That's the silliest excuse I have ever heard. No amount of delay tactics will help him as he will eventually run out of excuse and be forced to defend himself. There is no hiding place for the corrupt and justice most definitely be done in this case. The era of getting away will corruption is over, this is the era of change and the time for justice is now

You don't get it.
Metuh and his lawyers are simply afraid of Abang Okon, who seems to be the most merciless against accused looters. Remember record 400m naira bail. And then 2billion?

Metuh and friends know that with this man, there would be no games and it would be the maximum sentence if convicted.

Any judge but Abang!

3 Likes

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by Onlymewakacum(m): 7:23pm On Mar 17, 2016
Methu, even if the judge is your classmate and so what? because it's not going in your favour, you now realize that he's your classmate. I believe the judge is a professional and would nt b sentimental in a case like this. Methu Urr tactics cannot work dis time.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by Onlymewakacum(m): 7:28pm On Mar 17, 2016
sweetcocoa:
If na secondary school classmates, I can see why cheesy grin

But we know all these tactics, you must go to jail, ole.

E no fear to chop the money but e dey fear jail. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by Kiakia(m): 7:47pm On Mar 17, 2016
This petition doesn't make sense. If indeed the judge was the classmate of Metuh, the judge would have disqualified himself from the case earlier on and even before taking evidence from the witnesses. It is never heard that a petition will be written requesting transfer of a case after a ruling has been delivered on a No Case submission and the defendant called upon to open his case. Such a petition is usually written before or after the first evidence has been taken if likelihood of bias is detected on the part of the presiding judge. The petition written by Etiaba against the judge is very unfortunate. It lacks merit. The reasons adduced for the request for transfer of the case are all puerile and ought not to be considered by the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court. It is aimed at intimidating the judge and truncating the course of justice by causing undue delay of the trial. What is Metuh afraid of? If he is convicted, he has options of appealling against his conviction. Some of the senior lawyers are the spanner in the wheel of smooth prosecution of corruption cases. They file all sorts of frivolous applications and unmeritorious petitions to stall proceedings in these cases, all in an effort to subvert the course of justice. This is very unfortunate.

3 Likes

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by ashjay001(m): 8:00pm On Mar 17, 2016
See manifestation of change! Read thru all d present comments nd no IPOB or wailer is posting comments of support n wrongful persecution!? Sai Baba!

4 Likes

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2016
Just like Mr.Kanu 's lawyer, do these fellows realize that they're doing their clients more harm than good with these illogical and unprofessional behavior? Who writes a letter against a Judge they're before? Either you file a motion to object to a decision or you make it orally. Too many dunces in the system.

3 Likes

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
ladyF:
Your classmate and he doesn't remember you? Maybe Metuh was one of those wicked seniors then, he come dey fear say the guy go show am grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
classmate and senior rhyme to you?

1 Like

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by badonkadonk: 8:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
LocalChamp:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/200286-dasukigate-metuh-wants-ex-classmate-judge-replaced-judge-denies-relationship.html

Isn't it the prosecution that's meant to complain of such a relationship as it would be seen as a favorable state for the defendant..?

Be like say metuh don do that judge strong thing dat tym wey dem dey school.. And he is now scared of that nasty biatch called karma...

1 Like

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 17, 2016
This man should defend himself already, efcc has close their case since, waiting for him to defend but he keep giving one excuse or the other, this Democracy thing tire me self o.

3 Likes

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by coolitempa(f): 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2016
ashjay001:
See manifestation of change! Read thru all d present comments nd no IPOB or wailer is posting comments of support n wrongful persecution!? Sai Baba!

So so true...for the first time in a long time on NL....change is really here.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by BraniacX(m): 11:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
AntiWailer:
Can you imagine.

..and to think some people still support these thieves.

When you are suppose to read in school , you no read.

Now that you are a thief, you don't want your classmate who read to judge you.

Oooole..

and in the same vein I pronounce you a thief, a robber, a rapist, a ritualist and so on and so forth and oh! i'm as qualified as you are to pass judgments on people! ekpa! angry
Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 18, 2016
psucc:
Buhari may not be able to see one case being determined till the end of his 2019.

That, obviously, is the essence of the filibustering the lawyers to the accused persons are into! However, I know God to be one who frustrates the devices of the crafty!
Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by mjames: 9:12am On Mar 18, 2016
Metuh, metuh, metuh, metuh, metuh, metuh, metuh how many times have I called, face your charges and stop giving excuses
Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by de1de1SnrAd: 10:30am On Mar 18, 2016
This is the time for all Nigerians to rise and fight against any form of tactics to delay justice for evil done to her. This is just an obvious example. Let all patriotic Nigerian stage a peaceful demonstration that any application delaying judgement for any charged offences should not exceed 3 times and must be sensible ones. Thereafter, whether there is a defense or not, judgement should be passed.
Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by de1de1SnrAd: 10:31am On Mar 18, 2016
de1de1SnrAd:
This is the time for all Nigerians to rise and fight against any form of tactics to delay justice for evil done to her. This is just an obvious example. Let all patriotic Nigerian stage a peaceful demonstration that any application delaying judgement for any charged offences should not exceed 3 times and must be sensible ones. Thereafter, whether there is a defense or not, judgement should be passed.

Sitex:
the pains of democracy
in china, metuh's lifeless body would be dangling from a tree.
if his claim is legitimate, njc would oblige him, the case would drag on, suffer series of adjournments, witnesses would lose interest and facts of their testimony, exhibits would go missing. judges would retire or be transferred
in the end the prosecutors cannot prove their case beyond reasonable doubt.
metuh walks free
this is metuh's gamebook
Re: Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred by Irishrena1(f): 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
chinchum:
He must be a useless classmate back then to the now judge. Meeting your former classmate as a judge of your case ought to confer him benefits and not otherwise.
Exactly what I thought too. Don't know why having his ex-classmate should bother him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Victory Well-Deserved, Marwa Congratulates Tinubu / Aisha Buhari Interview (21mins Video) / Hundreds Throng Enugu Airport To Pay Respect To Chukwumerije. Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.