Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google (19730 Views)

How To Submit Blogger Blog URL To Bing And Yahoo Search Engine [bing Webmaster] / How To Submit Blogger Sitemap To Bing And Yahoo Search Engines [bing Webmaster] / 30 Hilarious Things That Will Happen If Google And Its Products Fold Up-Techinfo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by Techgoon(m): 5:02pm On Mar 17, 2016
Google is the world’s favorite web search engine but there are a couple of cool things that you can do only in Yahoo!. Take a look:

1. Compose emails from the Yahoo! search box.

Type !mail abc@xyz.com in the Yahoo! search box and it will automatically compose a new email message for you in Yahoo! mail.

yahoo song lyrics search

2. Get Lyrics of any song or your favorite artist.

Type madonna lyrics (for lyrics of Madonna songs) or madonna material girl lyrics (for lyrics of a particular song)

3. Specifiy the order of search keywords in queries

Say you want only web pages where word x comes before y but not vice versa, then just put the search query in Square Brackets. An example:

[Sylvester Stallone] – will only return web pages where the word Sylvester appear before Stallone.

search wikipedia flickr ebay 4. Search your favorite websites from Yahoo! itself.

For instance, type !wiki google in Yahoo! search box to search Google in Wikipedia.com. Other popular shortcuts are !ebay, !amazon, and !flickr. You can also execute these from the Firefox search box without changing the default search engine.

5. linkdomain – An undocumented Yahoo Web search operator.

A quick question – Can you find the number of articles on Wikipedia website that link to CNN.com ? It’s almost impossible to get this data from Google but you can do so quite easily in Yahoo! with the incredibly useful linkdomain operator.

http://www.techgoon.com/5-things-yahoo-search-can-not-google/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by imohchard(m): 9:51pm On Mar 17, 2016
Nice one op.. Front page material

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by fattbabakay(m): 5:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
Well, Google only stylishly took over our mindsets...ranging from android to gmail to YouTube, and loads of other Google products...

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by WizyTechs: 6:07pm On Mar 19, 2016
Yahoo search is good but Google search is better in terms of quality of search results.
Check Today's Latest Free Browsing Tweaks @ WIZYTECHS.COM

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by guente02(m): 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
fattbabakay:
Well, Google only stylishly took over our mindsets...ranging from android to gmail to YouTube, and loads of other Google products...
Then imagine them adding a full fledged operating system to their list of mind boggling products. It'll be a complete takeover.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by helphelp: 12:22pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
Yahoo's website is just to overcrowded and unattractive for me , I think that's why Google got a huge Leap ahead of em.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
Yahoo is good but Google ti take over

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by emmyw(m): 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by babyfaceafrica: 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by halton(m): 12:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
seen
Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by Pavore9: 12:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
Google has become the synonym for the word search!

9 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by martineinstein(m): 12:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
Bing is the best for image search; Google is best for for overall

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
abegiii any search na search. Which one fit help me search for my late grandfather

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by DONADAMS(m): 12:32pm On Mar 21, 2016
ok...haven't heard of Yahoo search before sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by Adonike(m): 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2016
alexistaiwo:
abegiii any search na search.
Which one fit help me search for my late grandfather

grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by alatbaba1(m): 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2016
Nice piece but I still prefer Google search

Not only for research, but also to test my network speed. The faster the network open google.com the better the network. I know I'm not alone with this attitude.

12 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by Ekakamba: 12:36pm On Mar 21, 2016
nice info OP. Yahoo search is good, Google search better & Ultimate search the best. tongue

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by pat077: 12:36pm On Mar 21, 2016
Still prefer Google.
Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by Kyllahmc(m): 12:36pm On Mar 21, 2016
Nice try... but i still owe my loyalty to google for bn my reliable Exam partner since the 20th century...
Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by kesikeller(m): 12:37pm On Mar 21, 2016
google will still show you yahoo results so?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by Psalm351(m): 12:37pm On Mar 21, 2016
Nice.
Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by rotexteymie(f): 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
Yahoo search??...... Sounds odd

Google search all the way grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by datola: 12:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
Yahoo Yahoo is not all bad after all!

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by adedam007(m): 12:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by Jacko1(m): 12:49pm On Mar 21, 2016
Dislike yahoo search
Google search does it for me
Only stuff i like bout yahoo is if i type a celebrity name
It shows his net worth.... Saves a lot of stress fo me
Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by professore(m): 12:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
I like point 3
Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by wellmax(m): 12:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
Thanks OP
Re: 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google by Nsonaso(m): 12:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
alexistaiwo:
abegiii any search na search.
Which one fit help me search for my late grandfather
www.devilfinder.com

that's after sending you to hell to go find him yourself...... Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How A Computer Algorithm Predicted Ebola Outbreak Before WHO's Announcement. / All You Need To Consider Before Building A Website. / How To Advertise On Linda Ikeji’s Blog (updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.