Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People (23251 Views)

5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays / 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes / 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by Ameena(f): 7:23am On Mar 18, 2016
Nigerians are happy people?....dats a first!
Cos most people I see around me are extremely frustrated people
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by Commandoabdul(m): 8:44am On Mar 18, 2016
Nigeria is a country that turns the bad to good.. All these is as a result of poverty. Poverty have eaten to the root, so no option than to look for a way out. I rep Baba Fela Suffering an Smiling...
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by Ay04z(m): 9:25am On Mar 18, 2016
eleojo23:
We have good sense of humor too.
define sense of humour...don't google it ooo....anyway I will know.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by joyjazzy(m): 9:34am On Mar 18, 2016
undecided wah of weed?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by eleojo23: 10:11am On Mar 18, 2016
Ay04z:
define sense of humour...don't google it ooo....anyway I will know.
How many marks for this question? grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by missKiffy(f): 10:23am On Mar 18, 2016
XaintJoel20:
Gibberish...
Of all the above listed items, tell me the one you have performed better than South Africa, US, UK, Algeria, Egypt...
You talked about food when Nigeria is no way near self-Sufficiency in agriculture and millions of Nigeria go to bed on empty stomach while million others are malnourished. You are talking of "social media" when telecom service providers are dishing out epileptic services. What do you mean by hustle? When a university graduate is hawking bottle water in traffic and those who are "happy" to be employed are earning pittance.
OP, point of correction, Ghana is ahead of Nigeria in the ranking, and that makes Nigeria not to be number one in West Africa...
Must we always bash our own
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by Onlymewakacum(m): 10:24am On Mar 18, 2016
Suffering and smiling nation. A nation full of hypocrites deceivin each other that they are happy while the elites impoverish the masses!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by XaintJoel20: 10:25am On Mar 18, 2016
missKiffy:
Must we always bash our own
I am being truthful...
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by Onlymewakacum(m): 10:31am On Mar 18, 2016
dearpreye:
OP, after the momentary bursts of laughter, the vast majority of Nigerians return to their hunger, dark houses and filthy environment, occasioned by decades of having one irresponsible government after another.

Yes. No nation is perfect, but to use these as yardstick to declare Nigerians as being a happy people, in the midst of extreme poverty, irregular power supply( 5000MW for over 150 million people), mind boggling levels of corruption, poorly planned cities, frequent road crashes, etc, is to insult the sensibilities of some of us.

These are some basic amenities that make life meaningful for the people: stable power supply, a decent housing scheme for the people, clean and safe water supply, clean environment, equal opportunities for everyone, minimum levels of corruption and poverty,the absence of jungle justice( Recall the ALUU4?), low level of nepotism( Recall the CBN illegal recruitment?), functional transport system, etc.

With more than 50% of us living in squalor and below poverty line, Nigerians cannot be happy.

God bless you my brother, you spoke my mind!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by banio: 10:52am On Mar 18, 2016
We are happy people because Fulani is cleansing us in Agatu.

Happy people
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by oluwanoni: 11:43am On Mar 18, 2016
XaintJoel20:
Gibberish...
Of all the above listed items, tell me the one you have performed better than South Africa, US, UK, Algeria, Egypt...
You talked about food when Nigeria is no way near self-Sufficiency in agriculture and millions of Nigeria go to bed on empty stomach while million others are malnourished. You are talking of "social media" when telecom service providers are dishing out epileptic services. What do you mean by hustle? When a university graduate is hawking bottle water in traffic and those who are "happy" to be employed are earning pittance.
OP, point of correction, Ghana is ahead of Nigeria in the ranking, and that makes Nigeria not to be number one in West Africa...

@op said reasons why a lot of Nigerians are happy, although we know the economy and environment of the country is not awesome.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by Rose01y: 11:58am On Mar 18, 2016
lielbree:
How can we be happy when pure water is now 20naira angry
No worries be happy grin......but in my side to its still 10 naira
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by emelisande(m): 12:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
twaintoy:
Add sex join. I no talk am oo.

cofam
no sane man will reject pussy
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by bankybobo11: 3:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
Op, what about the Nigerians living in villages? They've got social media as well? BTW, are you in anyway related to Mumuni Odeniyi?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by franklingud(m): 8:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
Happy for where?
Lies!!! Everything for this country dey vex!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy New Month Of August! Drop Your Wishes Here / Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 / Two Things You Can Never Engage In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.