Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,362 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

At Least One Reason We Should Get Married Early - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At Least One Reason We Should Get Married Early (924 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Least One Reason We Should Get Married Early by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 17, 2016
Ive never realized that I was shooting myself in the foot by delaying my marriage, which ultimately .meant delaying my family initiation. I was looking at my boss, a deputu general manager at a bank, prolly collects 1.5m monthly, a 60 years old man who has kids in JSS 2 in secondary school. It suddenly hit me what other married colleagues have been talking about: school fees!!!!!!!!!
I did the maths...the Js2 kid will enroll into uni in 4-5 years. Then spend between 4,5 or 6 years in school.
That means this man will keep praying school fees until he's 70, instead of enjoying his allawee or salary or pension. That means he'll still be actively hustling. Damn!!!!!!
I did further maths. Say you're 30 and get married by 33. Means for the next 20 to 25 years of your life your gonna be hustling good education for your kid. First kid. Then if you're a family planning champion who gave 5 years space between first and second kid prepare like 25 to 30 years of your life meaning by 63 you're still packing in heavy 9 to 5.

Of course if you decide to have 3 or 4 kids den your time spent on hustling for your kids elongated till your 70. grin

Then of course say you had your first kid by the age of 20!!!!!! Guess what? If you decide to have 2 to 3 kids with 2to 3 years space in-between them then max by 50 you're done with actively financially bringing them up. The first would have been fending for themselves, most likely the second too. Of course this assumes all things being equal I.e.. Good job or self employment, good this and that, which we all pray for.

Finaythis of course doesn't apply to the likes of them danogtes and otedolas..
It's just a good food for thought. Comments and disagreement are welcome for discussion

1 Like

Re: At Least One Reason We Should Get Married Early by Heshei: 5:28am On Mar 18, 2016
Wait for me ...Am coming
Re: At Least One Reason We Should Get Married Early by opelyem(m): 3:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
This is unbelievable!! As fantastic as ds write up is, only one comment? and if it is my husband ejaculate in a minute, dia will be 100 comments,share plus quotes. Nawa for nairalanders o.
I sometimes wonder what post like ds actress flaunts her boob or is it breasts does on front page

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At Least One Reason We Should Get Married Early by peacengine(m): 4:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sadly life is not mathematics, some start early but struggle with infertility, others start early but do not live to see their children grow, life is uncertain, everything na by God's grace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Least One Reason We Should Get Married Early by Jimdonnet(m): 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nice post here

God willing I intend having my own family by 27 latest which is okay for a young man.my dad now 6o years can't hustle to pay my fees due to old age.

by the way guys my sis getting married to her heartthob Terry Joseph come Aug ,they wanna get married on my birthday.you all are invited and maybe u single ladies will get ur dream man o.The dude got friends based abroad.she is 23

1 Like

Re: At Least One Reason We Should Get Married Early by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
peacengine:
Sadly life is not mathematics, some start early but struggle with infertility, others start early but do not live to see their children grow, life is uncertain, everything na by God's grace.

True. Never got of it that way

1 Like

Re: At Least One Reason We Should Get Married Early by lullu: 11:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nice thought tho. but life is beyond mathematics.

1 Like

Re: At Least One Reason We Should Get Married Early by Flexherbal(m): 11:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
It is good to get married on time.
Re: At Least One Reason We Should Get Married Early by ogawisdom(m): 10:42am On Mar 19, 2016
Is early marriage all abt having children early and seeing them through sch b4 retirement.

Those with good life time investment esp in real estate need nt bother abt this if dt is all there is to it I guess.

By 60yrs anyone dt is financially intelligent shld have created an investment in rented property that shld pay at least his current monthly salary such dt weather he works or not he shld b cool n can still train all his children even @ 90 without working.

Op am nt encouraging late marriage but I am not persuaded

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do If Your Mum Was Slapped? / Thank God High Schools Are Dead / Don't Remove That Tooth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.