Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly (9513 Views)

National-Assembly May Take Over Kogi Assembly / 2019: PDP Plots Takeover Of APC Structures / Buhari Orders Takeover Of Nigerian Airspace From Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by luvbeloved(m): 8:54am On Mar 18, 2016
The five members causing all this actually has the support of yahaya bello...cos the have security backing. not many people knw this. He is trying to balance the politics of the state cos as it it now...the gov, the embattled speaker and the state chief judge are all from one zone...
Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by ShitHead(m): 8:56am On Mar 18, 2016
saintdas1:
my state is under sage just imagine the kind of unstable government we have.

Bunch of selfish people. My brother...all will be well.
Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by callJesu: 8:58am On Mar 18, 2016
Ooo
Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by Boyewu: 9:08am On Mar 18, 2016
Something ugly like this happened during last dispensation in Ekiti state and nothing was done by the Senate then. Now they can blame the present government in power, before you blame anybody search yourself.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by ezera(m): 9:40am On Mar 18, 2016
Empress2014:
undecided seriously, our reps needs to undergo some kind of training before taking up the seat or maybe there should be a course to educate them more because it's only in Naija you will hear this angry

Well said. I owe you a cup of ice cream!

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by ages2020: 10:39am On Mar 18, 2016
masterblogger:
I think I completely disagree with the Senate here, the constitution does not give them that legal backing to carry out such action on this particular occasion. The kogi lawmakers would definitely have a smooth ride.
then give us the part of the Consitution pls........
Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by joeprince23(m): 10:46am On Mar 18, 2016
Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by Ephemmm: 11:17am On Mar 18, 2016
nbright:
APC na confused party true true

"The Red Chamber condemned the role played by the Nigeria Police in subverting the provisions of the constitution by providing cover for only five members out of the 20 lawmakers in the state, to commit illegality."

"The Senate also adopted the House of Representatives’ resolution declaring null and void, the impeachment of the Speaker of the House of Assembly, Mr. Momoh Jimoh-Lawal, by five members of the state of Assembly".

May be because your brain needs to be reformatted. Unlike Ekiti, sanity is gradually returning to Nigerian politics
Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by nbright: 11:27am On Mar 18, 2016
Ephemmm:

"The Red Chamber condemned the role played by the Nigeria Police in subverting the provisions of the constitution by providing cover for only five members out of the 20 lawmakers in the state, to commit illegality."

"The Senate also adopted the House of Representatives’ resolution declaring null and void, the impeachment of the Speaker of the House of Assembly, Mr. Momoh Jimoh-Lawal, by five members of the state of Assembly".

May be because your brain needs to be reformatted. Unlike Ekiti, sanity is gradually returning to Nigerian politics
which dirty sanity? Is the house not dominated by APC members?
Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by Ephemmm: 11:35am On Mar 18, 2016
nbright:
which dirty sanity? Is the house not dominated by APC members?

Unlike in the case of Ekiti where APC legislators were the majority, but removed by less than 7 PDP minority, both Houses in question are dominated predominantly by APC for your information: I wonder how you could have cried foul play if it happens to a PDP controlled state.
Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by Ribaman(m): 11:59am On Mar 18, 2016
Chascop:
I don't even know what to comment.
Wetin concern Agbero with airport

Obviously, Na only Oyibo airports you sabi. 9ja airports get Agbero plenty
Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by Hakeemval: 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
Is Faleke going to be the speaker pending when he moves into the Lugard house as Governor ?
Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by mikolo80: 6:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
jeffizy:
The lawmakers are the main lawbreakers in this country.
Where 5 is always greater than 20.

There should be a body to discipline these agberos .
They need flogging. From the abuja men to the state boys.
QUORUM NKO
NOT THEIR FAULT THRE OTHER MEMBERS REFUSED TO SLEEP WITH THE MACE
Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by imocheezy(m): 7:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
Check out this link
[url]imocheezy.com[/url]
Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by Empress2014(f): 9:04pm On Mar 18, 2016
ezera:

Well said. I owe you a cup of ice cream!
how will I get it?
Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by adinoyiM(m): 6:17am On Mar 19, 2016
temitemi1:
Very soon Bello Yahaya will b shown way out of Lugard House cool

In your dreams, right?
Re: Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly by phemmie06(m): 6:28am On Mar 19, 2016
Hope they won't get paid for this period.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Bans Okadas, Tipper-Trucks In Nkanu East, West And Some Communities / Are Nigerians The Most Wicked People On Earth / PDP: It’s Shameful To Arrest, Arraign Protesters But Pamper Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.