Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 (28510 Views)

An Unbaised Review Of The Tecno Phantom 6 And Unboxing Video / Infinix Hot S X521 Quick Unboxing & First Impression / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by BustScam: 9:35am On Mar 18, 2016
As seen on TechRez, The Unboxing and First Impression of the Boom J8 have been published. I was surfing the found this...

I hope NairaLanders like me find this useful...

Here it is guys...

Tecno Boom J8 is the first smartphone to run on the newly designed HiOS. The extremely powerful custom Android OS brings a lot of features and customization to Tecno users.

Early adopters of the Tecno Boom J8 would be the first set of users to rock the new HiOS. It is not clear if Tecno will push the HiOS to older smartphones, what is clear is that the custom Android OS lived up to the hype.

Tecno Boom J8 comes with a new design language that looks like the iPhone 6S Plus. It really does put the Boom J7 to shame when you make a distinct comparison.

We unboxed the device already; it does come with the basic stuff that you see in a box. But the real deal is the Boom headset that works extremely powerful on the Boom J8.

In the box, you have the Tecno Boom J8, charger, microUSB cord, a case, manual. Then there is an extra pack that comes with the Boom headset.

First Impression

Tecno boom j8 handle

Tecno Boom J8 has a characteristic charming look. Despite being a 5.5-inch plastic device, it does come with a design element that makes it feel so great on the palm. It also got curved edges that ensures handling the smartphone doesn’t cause irritation after prolonged usage.

The Boom J8 is an ideal budget smartphone that spots a 13MP primary camera and 5MP selfie shooter. With 16GB on-board storage and 2GB RAM running on the custom Android 5.1 Lollipop OS, the smartphone should be able to multitask without hassles.

With so much said already, Tecno Boom J8 is a decently designed smartphone with attention to every detail. The placement of the speakers, just at the bottom of the smartphone makes the device an absolute music smartphone. We tested the sound quality which is powered by Maxx Audio technology and it was suberb.

It looks like we will have a lot to say in our upcoming review. Stick with us as we tear down the smartphone that has already secured a spot for the best budget smartphones of 2016.

Finally, there is no official price for smartphone yet. We believe it should be priced between the range of N30,000-N40,000. That’s all we can think of, whenever news of the price emerges, be sure to get the update here. Stay tuned.

Source: http://www.techrez.com/tecno-boom-j8-unboxing-photos/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by BustScam: 9:36am On Mar 18, 2016
NOBODY should ask me any question or source ooo

I am not selling Tomato, neither I am selling the phone

Remember, do not be scammed

Always mention me @BustScam once you are in doubt on NairaLand

As always fans...

3 Likes

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by jesse8048(m): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2016
No official price, yet u're quoting 30-40k. Nigerians and stupidity.

10 Likes

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by mjames: 10:19am On Mar 18, 2016
No mention of battery life

2 Likes

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Viktor1983(m): 12:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
jesse8048:

Look who's calling someone stup|d.
Didnt you read op's first 2 lines? " As seen on TechRez, The Unboxing and First Impression
of the Boom J8 have been published. I was surfing the
found this..."

Anyways bustscam I saw these "rumoured specs on some tech blog"

http://techislet.com/specifications-price-of-tecno-boom-j8/

Technology
-GSM: GSM 900 / 1800
-3G: HSDPA 900 / 2100
-4G: LTE 800 / 1800 / 2,600
-SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual standby)
Design
-Display: 5.5-inch, 720 x 1280 pixels (320 PPI), IPS
Capacitive touchscreen
-Build: Plastic with metal trimmings
-Colours: Super White. Space Grey. Champagne Gol
-Processor Type: 64-bit Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53
-Processor Name: Mediatek MT6753
-Graphics Processor: Mali-T720
-RAM: 2 GB
-Internal Storage: 16 GB
-External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB
-Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity
Camera
-Rear: 13 MP, 4864 x 2736 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
-Video recording: Yes
-Front-facing: 5 MP with flash
Multimedia
-Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,
-Loudspeaker: Yes
-Audio: Max Audio + Boom Headphones
-Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
-FM Radio: Yes
-Bluetooth: v4.0
-WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
-GPS: Yes
-USB: microUSB v2.0
Miscellaneous
-Miscellaneous: Charming Breathing Light
-Charging: Fast Charge – 15 min for 8 hours of phone calls
-Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3,000 mAh
-Power Management: Ultra lower power mode
-Launch Date: March 2016
-Availability: March 2016
-Launch Price: Rumoured to be about N40,000

I hope the 4glte story better be true

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by enoch273: 1:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
40k is too much for this device, the price'll be a very big turn off.
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Yorubago(f): 1:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
I'm so getting it... Its so beautiful
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Yorubago(f): 1:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
enoch273:
40k is too much for this device, the price'll be a very big turn off.
Why do you say so??
You should speak for yourself tho...
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by enoch273: 1:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
Yorubago:
Why do you say so?? You should speak for yourself tho...
hope you don't mind helping me with half of the money maam.

20 Likes

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Yorubago(f): 2:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
enoch273:

hope you don't mind helping me with half of the money maam.
That's what you would have said... You don't have the money not that the price is too much for the device... How much do you expect it to be sold??

4 Likes

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by enoch273: 2:23pm On Mar 18, 2016
Yorubago:

That's what you would have said... You don't have the money not that the price is too much for the device... How much do you expect it to be sold??
highest 30k, but i'm hearing 40k now, which is why i asked if you can help out with half of the money

1 Like

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Yorubago(f): 2:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
enoch273:

highest 30k, but i'm hearing 40k now, which is why i asked if you can help out with half of the money
Like the writer said it hasn't beec confirmed yet... That's just a speculated price so pray harder it may work in your favour...
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by enoch273: 2:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
Yorubago:

Like the writer said it hasn't beec confirmed yet... That's just a speculated price so pray harder it may work in your favour...
sure thing maam, na God get power, can i ask you a favour?
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by kolexepana: 3:15pm On Mar 18, 2016
2Gb ram? imma start saving up. wink
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by dan9ice(m): 5:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
Because na tecno, you done run tag the price to your preferred choice of lucre..

7 Likes

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by parrotibaba(m): 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2016
Yorubago:

the price is too much for this device, what's the wow factor that makes it a 40k phone?

1 Like

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Yorubago(f): 6:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
enoch273:

sure thing maam, na God get power, can i ask you a favour?
Sure thing...
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Yorubago(f): 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
parrotibaba:
the price is too much for this device, what's the wow factor that makes it a 40k phone?
It has not been confirmed to be 40k yet... And what is a 40k phone supposed to have??
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Frontier2: 7:45pm On Mar 18, 2016
enoch273:

don't deceive yourself, this phone won't sell less than 40k. The current price of camon C8 is 35k, gionee m5 mini is also 36k with even old chipset
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Frontier2: 7:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
This phone is launching with the Boom headphone, I believe audio quality will be very good
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by enoch273: 8:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
Yorubago:
Sure thing...
pls can I ve your contact? or better still text it to 08179538301
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by enoch273: 8:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
Frontier2:
don't deceive yourself, this phone won't sell less than 40k. The current price of camon C8 is 35k, gionee m5 mini is also 36k with even old chipset
to whoever brain is given, sense is expected
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by jesse8048(m): 10:23pm On Mar 18, 2016
Viktor1983:

Look who's calling someone stup|d.
Didnt you read op's first 2 lines? " As seen on TechRez, The Unboxing and First Impression
of the Boom J8 have been published. I was surfing the
found this..."

Anyways bustscam I saw these "rumoured specs on some tech blog"

http://techislet.com/specifications-price-of-tecno-boom-j8/

Technology
-GSM: GSM 900 / 1800
-3G: HSDPA 900 / 2100
-4G: LTE 800 / 1800 / 2,600
-SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual standby)
Design
-Display: 5.5-inch, 720 x 1280 pixels (320 PPI), IPS
Capacitive touchscreen
-Build: Plastic with metal trimmings
-Colours: Super White. Space Grey. Champagne Gol
-Processor Type: 64-bit Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53
-Processor Name: Mediatek MT6753
-Graphics Processor: Mali-T720
-RAM: 2 GB
-Internal Storage: 16 GB
-External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB
-Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity
Camera
-Rear: 13 MP, 4864 x 2736 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
-Video recording: Yes
-Front-facing: 5 MP with flash
Multimedia
-Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,
-Loudspeaker: Yes
-Audio: Max Audio + Boom Headphones
-Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
-FM Radio: Yes
-Bluetooth: v4.0
-WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
-GPS: Yes
-USB: microUSB v2.0
Miscellaneous
-Miscellaneous: Charming Breathing Light
-Charging: Fast Charge – 15 min for 8 hours of phone calls
-Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3,000 mAh
-Power Management: Ultra lower power mode
-Launch Date: March 2016
-Availability: March 2016
-Launch Price: Rumoured to be about N40,000

I hope the 4glte story better be true

And y shud it b rumoured N40,000. U guys are d reason y all dis phones are expensive. These companies monitor our comments before setting their prices at times.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by enoch273: 11:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
jesse8048:

And y shud it b rumoured N40,000. U guys are d reason y all dis phones are expensive. These companies monitor our comments before setting their prices at times.

God bless you for this, some people just don't think at all, this phone no suppose pass 30k, same thing i was told when i visited tecno office too.
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by ibibiofirstlady(f): 11:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
enoch273:

God bless you for this, some people just don't think at all, this phone no suppose pass 30k, same thing i was told when i visited tecno office too.
What is yout point troll?
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by ibibiofirstlady(f): 11:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
Why is this not on FP already?
BustScam:
As seen on TechRez, The Unboxing and First Impression of the Boom J8 have been published. I was surfing the found this...

I hope NairaLanders like me find this useful...

Here it is guys...

Source: http://www.techrez.com/tecno-boom-j8-unboxing-photos/
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by ibibiofirstlady(f): 11:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
enoch273:

pls can I ve your contact? or better still text it to 08179538301
I will need the info too.. Send me PM
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by enoch273: 6:56am On Mar 19, 2016
ibibiofirstlady:
What is yout point troll?
look at this inconsequential opportunist that lacks courtesy.

1 Like

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by saxby(f): 7:20am On Mar 19, 2016
jesse8048:

So as he tried to pass the information so olodo ppl like u can know na bad thing now abi?? You go see yourself.
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by investment247: 7:32am On Mar 19, 2016
jesse8048:

You just said everything exactly the way it is on my mind... By the time they notice we don`t scream aloud rejecting the price, they just peg the price to a hight price... And Nigerians (I really weep for them) will still rush it that way not minding the price. Later they`ll say no money in the country.

3 Likes

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Davidovinci(m): 9:55am On Mar 19, 2016
This phone shouldn't be more than 30-35k...
Perfect opportunity for tecno to win back their customers who switched to gionee/infinix.....

3 Likes

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by TechRez(m): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2016
jesse8048:

We have reviewed different types of smartphones, and it's not out of place to make a price projection based on the design language and specifications on-board.

Renowned international blogs also make price projections. I am not sure why you are pained but you should not direct your hate towards us.

Normally, we won't digify your ignorance with a reply. Just for you to avoid talking poo at everyone at the slightest opportunity you have. Please take a seat.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code / How Can I Make My Nigeria Phone Number Looks Like A USA? / Steps To Monitor Your Girlfriend's Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.