Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Transfer Of Ownership - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Transfer Of Ownership (878 Views)

Change Of Ownership Is Our Call / Registration Of Vehicles/Change Of Ownership/Driver License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Transfer Of Ownership by kaykad: 10:50am On Mar 18, 2016
Hi house,

I just sold my car and have issued a receipt to the buyer, am still restless because all the car document are still in my name and the buy is yet to do transfer of ownership, am worried becos if anything happens the car will be trace to me. please advice.
Re: Transfer Of Ownership by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
Well, most pple dat buy used vehicle are always in a hurry 2 change all d documents 2 dere names except in rare occasions due 2 some constraints.

By d time dey enquire about d proper process of change of ownership and replacement of d no plate which will lead 2 d documents being given on dere names, dey may realize dey aren't financially fit 2 go through dat @ d moment and cld decide 2 just renew d renewables and keep driving on d fomer owner's name pending when dey will be ready 4 d due process.

Depending on ur relationship with d buyer, u can find out y he hasn't gone through d proper process of change of ownership. If d reason is cash, u can choose 2 help a broda in need out and also 4 ur peace of mind.
Re: Transfer Of Ownership by pattybf(f): 8:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
achalugonata:
Well, most pple dat buy used vehicle are always in a hurry 2 change all d documents 2 dere names except in rare occasions due 2 some constraints.

By d time dey enquire about d proper process of change of ownership and replacement of d no plate which will lead 2 d documents being given on dere names, dey may realize dey aren't financially fit 2 go through dat @ d moment and cld decide 2 just renew d renewables and keep driving on d fomer owner's name pending when dey will be ready 4 d due process.

Depending on ur relationship with d buyer, u can find out y he hasn't gone through d proper process of change of ownership. If d reason is cash, u can choose 2 help a broda in need out and also 4 ur peace of mind.

well said dear!

(1) (Reply)

2002 Toyota Camry Transmission Problem / Pls I Need A Navigation CD For My Lexus RX 330 (2005) / Standard Mechanic Workshop In VI And Lekki Vicinity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.