Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,793 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? (28514 Views)

MULTI PURPOSE CAR POWER BANK WITH JUMP STARTER..N32k / Super Promo Automatic Car Tyre Pump Price N8,000 Call 07053449466 / How I Changed My Car Tyre In One Minute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by momentum85(m): 8:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
A road safety officer stopped me one day and got me educated as regards to this topic o men my mouth was open cos I know 90% of Nigerians are oblivious of this info. OP u too much!
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by seunlayi(m): 8:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
Yes I know

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by Ndkings1(m): 8:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
f
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by Harmored(m): 8:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
This is the second time this post will wreach nairaland smiley
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by nepapole(m): 8:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nigerians jus drive with ignorance and still Dem go dey form badoo for road.. Tanx op...make I go check my own shapali.
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by rollUP(m): 9:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
webshopNG2:
No one checks it here in naija...

No talk am again ooo. Once road safety stops u, dem ask u for paper, extinguisher, caution bla bla bla and u get everytn next tin dem go do na check ur tyres. Them go sha find one tin wey go make u go office or instant settlement
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by Acermoon(m): 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2016
I don't have car...
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by frechy(m): 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
rollUP:

I know nothing bou tyres but I think in the example u made the 0204 stands for second month in 2004. I might be wrong oo but it's just what I think due to normal groceries and drinks expiration date

YOU ARE WRONG. VERY WRONG SIRE IT STANDS FOR THE WEEK AND YEAR AS THE OP CORRECTLY STATED
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by rollUP(m): 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2016
frechy:

YOU ARE WRONG. VERY WRONG SIRE IT STANDS FOR THE YEAR AS THE OP CORRECTLY STATED

OK no problem with dat. But I don't think u understand. D op said it stands for second week in 2004. Me I'm saying it might stand for second month in 2004. The ish here is the 02 not the year like u implied
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by golddust6000(m): 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
OP you are a big lier, that number symbolise the size of your realm not expiring date, i work in tyre manufacturing in germany
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by Yinkatolu: 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
abeg who dey live for gbagada here
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by golddust6000(m): 9:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
check numbers of tyre like, 165- 65-13, 227, 70, 18. they have different sizes and numbers, Op do not mislead nigerians,
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
What of those that use toks tyers manufactured 10 to 20yrs ago
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by bus1: 9:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
4 year expiry date indeed !!!. Different tyre manufacturers have different standards, different tyre quality levels, different manufacturing & testing procedures, and so there is no 'one date fits all' method applicable to ALL tyres.
Different tyres also have different functions and specifications and conditions for which they are made for. This influences the kind of rubber the manufacturer uses. Storage conditions also influence the rate at which rubber degrades.
From my experience, 'all terrain' tyres from a reputable manufacturer will go 6+ years without significant rubber degradation.
4 years may only be applicable to cheap inferior Chinese tyres which would have worn out long before 4 years if they are used regularly.
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by AdeniyiA(m): 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
DOT number should b facing outside ...
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by mavinc4u(f): 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
kenonze:
Corruption is our gratest enemy.

SON (standard organization of Nigeria) knew about it be care not about the lives of Nigerians. They allow my Igbo brothers to import them even when 99% of the "fairly used" tyers have expired.

SON is always at idumota chasing shadows

must you drag igbos into any thing? when exactly will you have some sense? They allowed them to import and you went and bought it from them. Are you blind that you can't differentiate things? if they give your type a brand new tyre to buy, you will complain of the price. Go get a life and stop wasting a space.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by popcykaylah(m): 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
Every car owner knows that in lagos..when road safety peeps dey every angle dey shadow and vio too..when them gbab you once you go know say tyre get expirey date
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by Intendy: 9:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
webshopNG2:
No one checks it here in naija...
if road safety hold you well you go know sey dem dey check am
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by spicytayomic(m): 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2016
Noted
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by Chukzyfcb(m): 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
For those of you scared of FRSC stooping you on the way. There is a known Trick to bypass their wahala. The date of production is written on only side of the tyre, so next time you buy a new tyre, tell the Vulcaniser to mount the tyre in such a way that the dot would be facing inwards towards the rim. When frsc stops you, there will be no date to read, coz the date will be on the other side(inwards) #Be smart lol

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ewo!!!
My tyres are expired oh cry cry
What do I do now
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by Chukzyfcb(m): 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
golddust6000:
OP you are a big lier, that number symbolise the size of your realm not expiring date, i work in tyre manufacturing in germany
Onye asi di ka ghi.....you no even sabi rim, you no even know how to read the alphabets & numbers on a tyre u come dey lie about working @ german tyre firm. Onye asi
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
mavinc4u:

must you drag igbos into any thing? when exactly will you have some sense? They allowed them to import and you went and bought it from them. Are you blind that you can't differentiate things? if they give your type a brand new tyre to buy, you will complain of the price. Go get a life and stop wasting a space.

Sorry if my comment hurt you.
It wasnt intentional.
Its just that the whole system is really bad
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by Toktee(m): 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2016
amtaken:
Thank you dear OP.
you sure say you have a car,no offence intented pls.
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by pannyman(m): 10:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
The 4-year expiry rule is not cast in stone. There's still a lot of debate about when to discard used tyres.

Anybody who cares to carry out some research online, even on the websites of tyre makers will discover that the expiry date can go as far as 10 years from date of manufacture.

Let's not be so fussy about expiry date while neglecting tyre maintenance aspects like rotation, wheel balancing and proper tyre pressure recommended for the particular vehicle.
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by amtaken(f): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
Lol been driving since I was 15 .

I do.

Thanks.

quote author=Toktee post=43897230]you sure say you have a car,no offence intented pls.[/quote]
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by mavinc4u(f): 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
kenonze:

Sorry if my comment hurt you.
It wasnt intentional.
Its just that the whole system is really bad

it doesn't hurt me. i just needed to bring you back to the topic. when you know someone sells substandard product then don't patronize him/her so that the person will stop selling but once there are people patronizing that person, then the person will continue to sell it. Is a general thing as long as business is concerned. Peace!!! wink
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by gradeA(m): 10:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
I once was stopped by a road safety official, and straight he went and started checking my tyre. only for him to tell me that it had expired. I asked him how he knew, and he showed me. Immediately, I went to the the tyre of their hilux van packed by the side of the road and started checking. behold it was expired too... the laggard just dey look me. That's how I knew abt expiry dates. grin

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
I only found out about this last month.
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by chocolate01: 11:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
ORIREPE .......,.............
Re: Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? by professore(m): 11:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
Simple and educative

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

KARCHER K2.21 High Pressure Car Washer PRICE N50,000-wash Ur Car/house In 2mins / 2017 Price List By Toyota Nigeria / ABUJA PLATE NUMBER REGISTRATION AND VEHICLE DOCUMENTS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.