Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

BVN Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BVN Fraud (1417 Views)

Bvn Fraud / BVN Fraudsters Bag Six Months Imprisonment (Photos) / BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BVN Fraud by nairaman66(m): 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Fellow Nairalanders,

There is this ongoing BVN upgrade fraud rocking at the moment. You will get an TEXT from an UNKNOWN number reading-

"Dear Customer, Due to our BVN system upgrade, your ATM CARD has been DEACTIVATED to RE-ACTIVATE, kindly call CBN Customer Care on 0092348030494998"

When I got the TEXT, I figure that it was a SCAM as CBN would not send unsolicited TEXT messages to Customers. Secondly, when I called back the number there was someone posing as a CBN Customer Representative. Our conversation went like this;

Scammer: Good morning, this is Mr John Ola from the CBN head office Lagos, how may I help you?

Me: I got a TEXT from your end saying my ATM card has been deactivated.

Scammer: I am so sorry about that Sir, there has been a policy from the CBN to deactivate all cards that has not been upgraded to our recent platform.

Me: How do I go about this?

Scammer: Okay Sir, what bank are you using?

Me: I told him the bank.

Scammer: Okay Sir, what type of ATM Card are you using, Verve or Mastercard?

Me: I told him.

Scammer: Sir, can you kindly tell me your full names?

Me: I told him.

Scammer: I got that Sir, we will need additional information from you Sir in other to Re-activate your card.

Me: What kind of information?

Scammer: Sir, kindly tell me the card details- Bank Number, Card Number, Expiry Date and ATM PIN.

Me: I gave all the information to him, however they were wrong infos.

NB:

This was what really transpired and I had to play along to be able to know what this is all about. Please each one, tell one! Let no one fall for this huge fraud. If they get all your information right, they will be able to withdraw funds from your Bank Account.

(1) (Reply)

Mad Man Who Allegedly Kills People In Umuahia Was Killed By Angry Mob Today / Designed To Watch Your Everysecond, Minute, Hour...day / Aba Is On Fire! Many Killed Shops And House Burnt Down!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.