Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity (27033 Views)

Lagosians Groan As Using Ojota Foot-bridge Becomes Difficult / Oyedepo: Udom’s Victory Is The Triumph Of Light Over Darkness / A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by iwaeda: 10:57am On Mar 19, 2016
In spite the suspension of strike by the National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas (NUPENG) and the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN), last week, mad rush for the Premium Motor Spirits, PMS, at filling stations still linger after days of acute scarcity within the metropolis.

Similarly, there seems to be no end in sight on the protracted black out partly occasioned by the face off between labour unions and Ikeja Distribution Companies, DISCO. It is therefore an excruciating story of ‘no electricity and no fuel to power generating sets’ as alternative power source.

In spite of the suspension of the strike action embarked upon by oil workers most filling stations are yet shut.

It was however, a thug of war, a near anarchy situation in the few filling stations that dispense fuel as desperate commuters jostle with dare-devil black-marketers competing for supremacy of rights.

Jerry-cans, particularly the 30-litre keg has emerged the standard black marketers gauge either for selling or even for buying at fuel stations, since it attracts standard settlement ‘fee’ before willing petrol attendants who would rather sell into kegs, than into cars.

Commuters are not spared as commercial bus drivers hike the fare to over 100 percent in some cases.

Those who can not afford the exorbitant fee have taken to trekking.

Some concerned residents expressed concern that the fuel crisis situation may adversely affect their weekend activities.

“Is this the CHANGE, Muhammadu Buhari promised us. If it’s so, we are absolutely, disappointed in his administration of no direction”, a worried motorist, Mr. Akin stated.

Darkness

The power outage which was due to alleged sack of 400 workers, have thrown most parts of the metropolis into darkness. The situation is worsened by the non availability of PMSs in most filling stations.

Residents have been thrown into endless search for portable as there is no electricity supply to pump machine of borehole.

Worried by the development, electricity consumers under the network of the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company IKEDC, had called on the government to intervene in the face-off to save their businesses from incurring further losses due to lack of power supply.

Irate residents of Alausa, Egbeda, Agege, Ikorodu, Oke-Odo, Iyano-Ipaja. Ojota, Oregun and Ikeja axis stormed the secretariat of IKEDC recently, lamenting that the power situation had worsened without any hope in sight.

As at press time, the entire metropolis was in utter darkness, thereby, creating rooms for criminals and men of the underworld to have field day on innocent citizens.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/lagosians-groan-darkness-fuel-scarcity/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by temitemi1(m): 10:59am On Mar 19, 2016
That's "change" grin grin grin

180 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:00am On Mar 19, 2016
'CHANGE' IS SWEET

153 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by iwaeda: 11:00am On Mar 19, 2016
temitemi1:
That's "change" grin grin grin

Temitemi of life I hail ooooo

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by temitemi1(m): 11:04am On Mar 19, 2016
Respect bro!
iwaeda:

Temitemi of life I hail ooooo

21 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by iwaeda: 11:04am On Mar 19, 2016
We Nigerian youth need to change our orientation;poverty has prevented many of us thinking straight

11 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by iwaeda: 11:07am On Mar 19, 2016
temitemi1:
Respect bro!

The writer omitted prices of goods that have gone 100% up. The economy may not improve without power and fuel,because you can't even power your computers and machineries

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by iwaeda: 11:17am On Mar 19, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
'CHANGE' IS SWEET

Change can be positive or otherwise, we need to ask ourselves questions

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by temitemi1(m): 11:21am On Mar 19, 2016
Nigeria as a whole is in a sorry state @ d moment!
iwaeda:

The writer omitted prices of goods that have gone 100% up. The economy may not improve without power and fuel,because you can't even power your computers and machineries

11 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by Tallesty1(m): 11:24am On Mar 19, 2016
I don't know why I became president now

159 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by iwaeda: 11:25am On Mar 19, 2016
temitemi1:
Nigeria as a whole is in a sorry state @ d moment!

God will help us and visit us as he did to Israelites in Egypt

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by SleekMallam: 11:28am On Mar 19, 2016
Nobody takes the sophisticated lagosians serious anymore until they converge at Ojota carnival style and wail for chains.

108 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by temitemi1(m): 11:29am On Mar 19, 2016
Amen cheesy cheesy grin
iwaeda:

God will help us and visit us as he did to Israelites in Egypt

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by robosky02(m): 11:30am On Mar 19, 2016
temitemi1:
Amen cheesy cheesy grin

hope they know where to vote in 2019 now.....

12 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by Tunami(m): 11:31am On Mar 19, 2016
iwaeda:
We Nigerian youth need to change our orientation;poverty has prevented many of us thinking straight
like some posters here that takes pdp/apc like their family party, shame on them.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by iwaeda: 11:31am On Mar 19, 2016
SleekMallam:
Nobody takes the sophisticated lagosians serious anymore until they converge at Ojota carnival style and wail for chains.
Lalasticlala is in Rivers,please don't let me choke with laughter grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 19, 2016
Headquarter Of Change... Bubu give them more change plssssss

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by iwaeda: 11:34am On Mar 19, 2016
robosky02:

Hungerbad, many have learnt in the hardway, how I wish election is this Saturday

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by iwaeda: 11:39am On Mar 19, 2016
Tunami:
like some posters here that takes pdp/apc like their family party, shame on them.

We need to voice out,good or bad governance will affect us all

5 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by BlackTechnology: 11:44am On Mar 19, 2016
Those who voted CHANGE must never complain

God bless Jonathan SS and SE

111 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by chukwukadibia10: 11:45am On Mar 19, 2016
Take the change

you guys deserve it.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by iwaeda: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
chukwukadibia10:
Take the change

you guys deserve it.

We are in it together,let us ask for mercy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by AbleGodAlways: 12:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by temitemi1(m): 3:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
Eyes don clear now. Go to osun to get answer to ur question bro grin grin grin grin
robosky02:

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by iwaeda: 7:06pm On Mar 19, 2016
temitemi1:
Eyes don clear now. Go to osun to get answer to ur question bro grin grin grin grin

I hope Aregbe will finish Gbongan -Odeomu-Oshgbo road,Nigeria are like Israelites,asked for a king,protest again to Samuel

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by iwaeda: 9:23pm On Mar 19, 2016
Lalasticlala you get 4 litres of petrol,I will return later as I no get light

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by Ginius95(m): 10:11pm On Mar 19, 2016
Me I Want To Complain Of Heat Ooh.. Who Should I Forward My Complain To.

GINIUS #I_AM_A_RENEGADE

9 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 19, 2016
Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by tr3y(m): 10:12pm On Mar 19, 2016
Oh, that explains why we now have almost 24 hours electricity recently...

4 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by SammyGyang(m): 10:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
Of course, why won't they groan? We warned them from the very beginning but they won't listen. Enjoy your "chain" in "change" disguise

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity by Nienie(f): 10:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
Like its no longer funny..before we get fuel now one bike guy has to come and buy with his tank and he'll collect 2x of the money for 20 litres.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu Visits Bayelsa, Donates ₦‎50 Million To Flood Victims / Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him / Body Bags: El-rufai, Shut Up! Apologise & Move On - Aisha Yesufu Blasts Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.