Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,473 members, 7,830,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Where Did Christians Fetch These Doctrines From - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Christians Fetch These Doctrines From (3912 Views)

Deeper Life Has Never Changed Their Doctrines / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video) / The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Christians Fetch These Doctrines From by analice107: 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2016
asalimpo:

Does government do that? where?
Which country?

The motives are differnt. That's what i'm saying.
And God judges by motives.
Murder is usually premeditated and with selfish interest (please dont start debating what 'selfish interest' means)
Suicides however, are usually pressed beyond measure - they driven by despair, shame,
temporary insanity, hopelessness, some pride, some times physical pain. They want out of a hellish situation.
While they're alive, they're in torment.

Not everybody has the backbone for torment and pressure. Some have fickle backbone so when the storm of life hits, without intervention of some sorts, they could take their lives in one rash second
because of the anguish of their heart.
It is in this light that i wonder if they'll end up in hell.

Am not so sure about Nigeria, but if you attempt suicide in the US and fail, you will be charged for attempted murder.
Yes, anyone who takes a life, whether it's or another person's end in hellfire. God takes that very seriously.
Re: Where Did Christians Fetch These Doctrines From by theoneJabulani(m): 7:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
analice107:

Am not so sure about Nigeria, but if you attempt suicide in the US and fail, you will be charged for attempted murder.
Yes, anyone who takes a life, whether it's or another person's end in hellfire. God takes that very seriously.
That's nt always true. Take the case of two real life twins who were born blind before suddenly going deaf at age 30. They requested to be euthanized and it was granted.
Re: Where Did Christians Fetch These Doctrines From by asalimpo(m): 9:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
analice107:

It's not a crime in the u.s, get your facts right.
I believe God takes suicide seriously, but the hellfire part is subjective.
I think it is inconclusive.
Will God send the teenager who didnt know how to handle his/her first heartbreak properly to hell?
Will God send the math professor who got so downcast because he was booed by his peers about his
new findings to hell? (This actually happened! His theory was later re-discovered by another to great praise)
Re: Where Did Christians Fetch These Doctrines From by asalimpo(m): 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2016
analice107:

OK, I understand. But Bros, no situation warrants suicide as the best way out . I can tell you with authority because I have been there.
some of the situations u mentioned up there, as justifications for suicide made sense to me some years ago. I found myself toying with those thoughts. After incapacitation for about 5 years at that time, I got fed up, I wanted out. Or something started telling me to take that way out. And I listened, I actually bought my exit ticket, but God didn't let me take it.
Satan made me count my worth, my value to humanity, he made me asked myself if anybody really cared if I died. He told me am a nobody, and that if I died, it won't make any difference so why endure the pain on and on, when I could make it stop?
My dear, I listened and actually believed that if I died, nobody will miss me.
Chai Satan wicked Ooo. Meanwhile, at that point I forgot the aftermat of suicide where I come from. What I will subject my family, especially my mother to, for killing myself. (If not for Christianity), the rituals my family will have to perform to appease and cleanse the land for me spilling bad blood. My body won't enter my village, no one will bury me, my body will be cast off in an evil forest to be eaten by animals, and our compound will be barred with fresh palm fronts. No body will go in there to sympathise with anyone. Father, thank you for Christianity.
Suicide where I come from, na serious shit.
Nevertheless, that night, i allowed everyone to go to bed. I calculated how long it'll take for my folk asleep to realize what has happened, how long it will take to find a car to rush me to the hospital, how long it will take to get a doctor who will attend to me that night, I decided that before all these, I would have died and ended it all.
Being my very self, i carried my poison, and prayed over it (because I pray for everything entering my mouth), so I forgot and prayed and blessed it.
Then it was like, I was no longer alone in that room. There was a presence. And I heard a voice which said to me,

"So you have power to take your life? Why haven't you used that power to heal yourself?

How did you stop that approaching car which almost crushed you in the scene of the accident? Was that your making too? the voice went on, you are the one down, how many people with their strong legs come in here asking you to pray for them? go ahead drink it".

At this point I was crying uncontrollably, everybody woke up, and there I was with a bottle opened in my hand. That was when they realized I thought of killing myself.
I asked for forgiveness and slept. But from that day until two years ago, anytime I faced any challenge, the first thought is, 'kill yourself'. Death was quick to come to mind. I kept hearing myself saying, "instead of me to do that, I will keep myself".
I really thank God for my life, True.
Suicide is a spirit. The spirit of suicide actually speaks with an audible voice. And it's not from God.
Great . Suicide is the voice of despair.
While many had the dramatic intervention of God , like in your case, others dont.
The despair is driving and crippling. What's worse, we live in a society where love is scarce.
Do you know how many young people take their lives each year, because, they are afraid
of facing their critical parents for not doing very well in university?
Many indians kill themselves on graduation because they are ashamed of their grades.
But when some people have problems and complain about it to others, the others often treat it lightly,
or chide one for complaining. Feeling unloved and worthless , some people become susceptible.
Shame and hopelessness. Great amounts of it can drive one to end it all.
in the 2008, financial crisis, some formerly rich men ended their lives, they didnt know how they'd live
with it.
if they had somebody to pour out their heart to, and to pray with them, and stand by them, maybe they'd have made it through.
If they had the spiritual maturity to withstand the temptation, they'd have made it through.
There's a reason why God wants his people to fellowship together and be each others brother's keeper.
Re: Where Did Christians Fetch These Doctrines From by analice107: 11:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
asalimpo:

Great . Suicide is the voice of despair.
While many had the dramatic intervention of God , like in your case, others dont.
The despair is driving and crippling. What's worse, we live in a society where love is scarce.
Do you know how many young people take their lives each year, because, they are afraid
of facing their critical parents for not doing very well in university?
Many indians kill themselves on graduation because they are ashamed of their grades.
But when some people have problems and complain about it to others, the others often treat it lightly,
or chide one for complaining. Feeling unloved and worthless , some people become susceptible.
Shame and hopelessness. Great amounts of it can drive one to end it all.
in the 2008, financial crisis, some formerly rich men ended their lives, they didnt know how they'd live
with it.
if they had somebody to pour out their heart to, and to pray with them, and stand by them, maybe they'd have made it through.
If they had the spiritual maturity to withstand the temptation, they'd have made it through.
There's a reason why God wants his people to fellowship together and be each others brother's keeper.
Brother despair is a spirit on its own, there's the spirit of suicide also. They are twin spirits, one starts and the other one finishes.
Indians are known to kill themselves over flimsy excuses. Well, maybe because their believes teaches that they will come back via reincarnation, so they can afford to kill themselves hoping to come back and be better humans. In Christianity, "It is appointed unto a man to die ONCE, after that judgement". If you try that for whatever excuse you may give, you shall stand before God and answer for being a murderer.
Re: Where Did Christians Fetch These Doctrines From by analice107: 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
theoneJabulani:
That's nt always true. Take the case of two real life twins who were born blind before suddenly going deaf at age 30. They requested to be euthanized and it was granted.
Euthanasia is Mercy killing, and I think that bill is still debatable in America. Am not certain if it's been signed into law yet. Even then, before God, they will stand judgement. No-one escapes justice.
Re: Where Did Christians Fetch These Doctrines From by asalimpo(m): 11:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
analice107:

Brother despair is a spirit on its own, there's the spirit of suicide also. They are twin spirits, one starts and the other one finishes.
Indians are known to kill themselves over flimsy excuses. Well, maybe because their believes teaches that they will come back via reincarnation, so they can afford to kill themselves hoping to come back and be better humans. In Christianity, "It is appointed unto a man to die ONCE, after that judgement". If you try that for whatever excuse you may give, you shall stand before God and answer for being a murderer.
I was talking metaphorically when i said "suicide is the voice of despair" - meaning,
despair can drive one to commit the act.
In the bible, one's life span is more dependent on one than on God- that there's a fixed date when
a man is supposed to go is another erroneuous doctrince permeated in christendom.
Again, this erroneous teachings should be addressed.

Your stand on suicide is still subjective- which makes my doubt the popular view that all suicides are hell bound.
I think the idea is borne out of this reasoning:
murder is a gross sin.
murderers will not enter heaven.
suicide is murder.
therefore suicides are hell bound like murderers.

My thoughts are subjective, but i feel that the issue is not as clear cut as this and that the conclusion could be wrong.
Suicide and murder share similarities but are still vastly different motive wise.

There has been a long standing tradition in christianity to invent more righteousness or make the bible
say what it doesnt explicitly say in order to appear more righteous.
And the suicide issue is one of them.

Others are those like :
drinking alchohol is a sin - (the bible says getting drunk is a sin )
using make up is a sin -
listening to non christian music is a sin -
the wedding wine at cana was non alchoholic -

by labelling more things as straight tickets to hell or sin, more people would be deterred from doing them. Hence, righteousness will increase but then this becomes manipulation and control - using religion
for these purposes that the heathens accuse religionists of.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

True Confession Of A Mermaid. Very Touching.... / Do Muslims Give Offerings\tithe In Mosque? / The Goddess Of All Witches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.