Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,936 members, 7,810,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health (3044 Views)

What The Colour Of Your Urine Means / See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There / Where You Sit In Class And What It Says About Your Personality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health by impactteam2015(m): 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2016
It is important to note that normal urine color is yellow and it is due to a yellow pigment called urochrome– that results from destruction of hemoglobin.
But it can vary from pale yellow to deep amber, depending on the amount of fluids you drink. The more fluids you drink, the clearer your urine will be.
If your urine has an unusual color, there’s a good chance that the color change is caused by a harmless factor, but it can also be a sign of disease and disorder in the body.
Before you flush, here are a few urine changes to look out for, and what they might be telling about your health.
Clear Urine: Clear or transparent urine means you are drinking lots of water and may even need to cut back on water consumption. However, this condition could also be a sign of diabetes. If you have symptoms of diabetes such as increased thirst and frequent urination, then you should immediately check with your doctor.
Pale Yellow Urine: That’s means you are normal and staying well-hydrated.‎
Dark Yellow Urine: This is another normal color for your urine, but it is an indication of dehydration....Read more on http://impacttowers.com/2016/03/19/what-your-urine-colour-says-about-your-health/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health by puresoul1(m): 1:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health by bastian5050(m): 2:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
impactteam2015:
It is important to note that normal urine color is yellow and it is due to a yellow pigment called urochrome– that results from destruction of hemoglobin.
But it can vary from pale yellow to deep amber, depending on the amount of fluids you drink. The more fluids you drink, the clearer your urine will be.
If your urine has an unusual color, there’s a good chance that the color change is caused by a harmless factor, but it can also be a sign of disease and disorder in the body.
Before you flush, here are a few urine changes to look out for, and what they might be telling about your health.
Clear Urine: Clear or transparent urine means you are drinking lots of water and may even need to cut back on water consumption. However, this condition could also be a sign of diabetes. If you have symptoms of diabetes such as increased thirst and frequent urination, then you should immediately check with your doctor.
Dark Yellow Urine: This is another normal color for your urine, but it is an indication of dehydration....Read more on http://impacttowers.com/2016/03/19/what-your-urine-colour-says-about-your-health/
Really educating
Re: What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2016
Op u forgot that ur diet affects the colour of urine and also bacterial action in urine affects it's turbidity, thereby making the urine cloudy................making me feel u hav no indept knowledge on this subject............the only sure way of understanding ur urine is to carry out urinalysis and urine microscopy.......in extreme cases urine culture

6 Likes

Re: What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health by abnsugbe: 3:22pm On Mar 19, 2016
impactteam2015:

so u mean white urine is nt ok
Re: What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health by BlackOnassis(m): 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2016
There is so much you can tell from urine. In fact, in many US hospitals, you will get a urinalysis done for almost all complaints.

Normal urine should be clear and yellow, and the best diagnostic specimen is fresh morning void.
Re: What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health by BlackOnassis(m): 4:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
abnsugbe:

so u mean white urine is nt ok

Consistently colorless urine is not considered normal. White urine is definitely not normal.
Re: What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health by Dayo4real12: 6:38pm On Mar 19, 2016
What can I do to frequent urinenation? Ve done urine test and blood sugar, doctor siad d result is ok, what can I do?
Re: What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health by Pamelayoung: 8:04pm On Mar 19, 2016
I don't quite agree with op. When my urine turns deep yellow it's a sign of malaria for me.

1 Like

Re: What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health by DanielGb(m): 12:47am On Mar 20, 2016
okay. its noted.
Re: What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health by druxy(m): 12:55am On Mar 20, 2016
uhm..op..am kinda confused...i thought haemoglobin are broken down to form bilirubin and ferritin
Re: What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health by chacoonder(m): 6:45am On Mar 20, 2016
BlackOnassis:

Consistently colorless urine is not considered normal. White urine is definitely not normal.
Do you mean colourless urine?
Re: What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health by BlackOnassis(m): 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2016
Pamelayoung:
I don't quite agree with op. When my urine turns deep yellow it's a sign of malaria for me.

it should not be too deep; just pale or light yellow.

(1) (Reply)

deleted / A Thread For Education Students And Graduates / The Almost Complete Sport Complex Facilities Of Kwara State Polytechnic Ilorin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.