Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,804 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:35 PM

Nigeria Will Not Breakup But Weakened For Direct Exploitation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Not Breakup But Weakened For Direct Exploitation (390 Views)

"Buhari May Cause Nigeria’s Breakup" – Frederick Fasehun / We Promised Restructuring Not Breakup / Buhari Questions Benefit Of Currency Float Amid Weakened Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Not Breakup But Weakened For Direct Exploitation by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2016
I wrote this article in 2013. While searching my past threads, I saw it and decided to re-post it for retrospection. Do you still think the tread is relevant today? Your opinion.

Original source: https://www.nairaland.com/1526179/nigeria-not-breakup-weakened-direct

I'm one of the people that thought Nigeria's disintegration was iminent most especially after the "Green White Collision" report detailing Destabilisation Plot Against Nigeria. However, after reflecting on the history of Nigeria and the current situation in the country, I suspected that the actual plot is not to dismember Nigeria but to weaken it and make it ripe for direct exploitation.
My Reasons
At independence, the leadership of Nigeria was given to the North. The then North was obedient and was more likely to be manipulated by the colonial master(Why do you think that the North did not agitate for independence when their counterparts did)? Another indication that power was delibrately given to the North was the North's vigorous drive at recruiting into the army prior to and after independence? Why did they favoured recuiting their people into the army rather than educating their people like their southern counterparts? The reason, I guessed, is to have a grip on power! Power emanates from the barrel of gun! The chain of events that followed might have been envisaged or preplanned. The South, however, were resourceful (natural) and relatively more educated and exposed than their northern counterparts. These, the colonialists feared may jeopardise their plan to have a grip on their former 'slaves' after independence.
The colonialists could no longer avoid giving inedependence to the people of Nigeria due to pressure from local and international scenes. They obviously still wanted to exploit but it had to be done strategically and in what some people may tag 'codedly'.
Why Didn't We Practice True Federalism rather than 'Regionalism' from Inception?
Regionalism will obviously be the choice then because of the power-seeking tribal leaders and already polarised population. But was is it in the interest of a united Nigeria? If really the Colonial master wanted a united Nigeria, why did they start with parliamentary cum regional goverments? Why not Federal system?
I think regional govt and the 3 tribes mantra were deliberately created. There were more diverse groups in the North than in the South. I served in Niger State (NYSC). In the town where I served, the locals speak at least 6 distinct languages. Why did we have one North (Hausa/Fulani) and 2 South (Yoruba and Igbo) when the North was more diverse than the South?
The regional govt was not meant to stay but to cause division and disunity before Nigeria was able to stand on her feet. The Hausa/Fulani sold their language, religion and culture to other distinct tribes in the North to create an illusion of a united 'one North'. (Remember France assimilation policy) but the South rather magnified their differences.
The Biafra-Nigeria War did not favour the Igbo not because of Yoruba/Hausa Might but because of the colonial power!
Have you ever asked yourself why the Igbo were so bold enough to declare war against seemingly mighty Nigeria force dominated by the Hausa/Fulani- their perceived arch enemy at that time. The period it was obvious that the Igbos were outnumbered in terms of manpower and outwit in terms of weapon. I believe they had assurance(s) of Some World Power to do that who later betray them. Why did Nigeria suddenly pushed aside the duly conducted Aburi accord? Afterall, history has it that before Gowon, some elements in the North were already looking at possibility of breakaway from Nigeria. Why the sudden change? Some 'unseen hand' might be involved.
Bottomline: Keep power in the North, divide the south (by all means especially through propaganda that raises tribal conscousness) and rule Nigeria (and exploit it) through the North.
Have you asked yourself what the North has to show for the power given to them and held on to for several years?
If the North has nothing to show, then where are all the money and resources? Who are the ultimate beneficiaries? If one wants to understand the World Politics, don't follow the largely distorted 'facts' or history but follow the money!

The North Seemed to have deviated from 'Profound Agreement' or the unconscious role played by them in Keeping Nigeria perpetually in the pockets of the 'Power that Be', hence, the need for a new plan.

What have they done? They gave power to the South!
(Power were actually given to the south from 1999). I think the new plan is to rule and exploit Nigeria 'directly' by weakening the country. To do this, the northern hegemony will have to be broken. Alas, there is no longer 'One North'!. This will probably be done by creating tension throughout the country, tactically encouraging ethnic and religious militias, unprecedented carting away of nation's resources, supply of arms to both govt and rebels at cut throat prices, supply of intelligence to both govt and rebels.
My prediction
-President Jonathan will contest and win the 2015 election (Fortunately, this did not come to pass, thanks to Jonathan)
-Tension, carnage that will be witnessed thereafter will be unprecedented in the history of the country (Thanks to Jonathan
-Despite this, the country will not break-up but will be fully ripe for direct exploitation
-Nigeria economy and currency will be greatly bastardised (be prepared)
-dangerous and destructive hatred will be promoted among Yoruba and Igbo in the South as well as Hausa/Fulani and other major tribes in the North.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Can Buhari And Apc Do Well? / FG Inaugurates National Technical Committee On Fertiliser / We Need To Access These Government Take A Look At The Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.