Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

NYSC Scheme Reoriented To Agricultural Purose: A Way Of Diversifying The Economy - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Scheme Reoriented To Agricultural Purose: A Way Of Diversifying The Economy (1012 Views)

Sierra Leone Understudies Nigeria’s NYSC Scheme / Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme / Breaking News: Federal Government Scraps Nysc Scheme; Dg Calls For Calm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Scheme Reoriented To Agricultural Purose: A Way Of Diversifying The Economy by demsy21(m): 10:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hello dear Nairalanders! The main reason why i'm writting this is to draw the attention of intellectual minded people (patriotic) that hold powerful positions in the present nigerian government to draw out policies and reforms that will better lives in our beloved country.
It is with heartache that i found out 3 years ago (my coming to Nigeria) the high price of foods and common commodities in restaurants,shops,kiosk....etc compared to those in francophone countries (particularly in ivory Coast where i was born).
I spend three weeks constantly going from one restaurant to another one, then i truly realized that i was in a completely different country and there was this young brother that was jokingly saying "u neva see anything" "dis is naija" "the country where people prefer cooking at home".
To round it up, i discovered two facts about nigeria, food is expensive (x3 of what u can buy with francs cfa) and that somehow lead to people cooking more at home.
Having said that, it is more reasonable to look out for how to solve the many problems related to food abundance,its scarcity, its price on the market, its exportation ,and of course, its positive effects on the nation's economy.
Well! The idea did cross my mind before but i thought someone more elusive must have suggested it to the general public. That's why i'm here on this Great Forum to let You (my nairaland brother)to give it a second thought and let me know your take on the said subject which is: What if NYSC is agriculturally based ,or driven, or better, oriented? What if the government make it compulsory to all graduate students known to be young and vibrant? What if agriculture is really what is going to make this nation a great one? What if after that kind of year service some youths decide to venture in agro-business?
Even i'm still trying to answer these several "what if", i give you guys the opportunity to share with us!
Thanks for your contribution in advance! After all we are doing this for our country. wink

Ps: Don't mind the mistakes i have made while writing, blame it on my french background.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Scheme Reoriented To Agricultural Purose: A Way Of Diversifying The Economy by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 19, 2016
You have a point but it is quite shallow.

Try get more information
Re: NYSC Scheme Reoriented To Agricultural Purose: A Way Of Diversifying The Economy by mikolo80: 12:54am On Mar 20, 2016
they only need to tractorFY the Agric graduates

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Nigerian Government, The DG NYSC And To Whom It May Concern / Corper Pharmacist Needed At T&D Pharmacy / Recruitment For Employment And Empowerment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.