Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here (6463 Views)

Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? / Is God Literally Made Of Light? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by TrajansKong: 10:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
There is nothing to interpret.

The truth is there for all to see. Put away your mortal feelings and thoughts and FEAR HIM in every waking moment.

Prepare ye, or face his judgement in the unending fire.

Stop thinking, mortals.

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by TrajansKong: 10:23pm On Apr 03, 2016
Standing in true faith with the god of our people!

Soon we will be gathered up and rewarded amongst the most faithful.

Naija, we hail thee O!

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:23pm On Apr 03, 2016
TrajansKong - your sarcasm is dry and unwitty . Try again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Nobody: 2:51am On Apr 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Well I love being right cool

But eh ... I dont understand how my condemnation of your worship of a pantheon of gods is not being understood by me . I explained excellently what those quoted verses mean - a rebuttal of your weak claims that the members of the Godhead are not equal in power , authority , rank etc

Wont common sense tell you that if they are one and take different positions and rank then they are a team of Gods and not the Trinity undecided . Its one God in three entities . Not a team of Gods who are working as one .
It's too bad OLAADEGBU never came, he would have given more substance and direction to your arguments.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:54am On Apr 04, 2016
Muafrika2:

It's too bad OLAADEGBU never came, he would have given more substance and direction to your arguments.

He is a proponent of your the-members-of-the-Trinity-are-not-the-same-in-rank concept , I think . But dear friend , dont you see that Christ is indeed equal to Yahweh and anything short postulates that they are different Gods - a team or pantheon of Gods
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by malvisguy212: 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Well who believes magic tricks and performances happen without a magician cool
wink
perfect reply bro. undecided
KingEbukasBlog:

Well who believes magic tricks and performances happen without a magician cool
wink
perfect reply bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

He is a proponent of your the-members-of-the-Trinity-are-not-the-same-in-rank concept , I think . But dear friend , dont you see that Christ is indeed equal to Yahweh and anything short postulates that they are different Gods - a team or pantheon of Gods

They are of one mind so the idea of a pantheon is not even possible.

So what would the picture of the trinity be in your perception?
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Scholar8200(m): 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2016
Let's stay with Scripture there are no ranks nor division of labour in the Godhead. Hence GOD was fully involved in The Incarnation of Christ, and is fully involved in our salvation! To establish ranks is to shift perilously toward Gnosticism (the sort that Paul sought to refute when he wrote Epistle to the Colossians by Inspiration).

Any reference to the Father being greater than the Son etc is usually against the backdrop, and within the context of His incarnation and the purpose thereof.

Ordinarily, the use of Father and Son was clearly understood to mean equality:

[size=14pt]18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God
John 5:18
[/size]

(It was this Equality that He gave up temporarily in His Incarnation as Phil 2:6 shows.)

Now they realised Christ used the Father-Son reference with a different/distinct connotation because they did not level the same accusation against themselves when they said thus:

Ye do the deeds of your father.

Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God
John 8:41

IT IS A ONENESS THAT WAS SEPARATED ONCE: WHEN JESUS BORE OUR SINS ON THE CROSS. (This was the real purpose of the agony in Gethesmane)
The Word was God and was with the Father In the Beginning; and the Word became Flesh. The Spirit came upon the Word after He became Flesh and thus was Indwelt by the Father Who did The Works but By The Son being made Flesh in the Power of the Spirit! Now, The Father Indwelt The Son Who came Not in His Own Name but in The Name of The Father! And The Son testified that He cast out devils by the Spirit! All through, the Son's Divinity NEVER featured! Why? He came shorn of ALL His Distinctiveness and manifested ALL that the Father was pleased to manifest,of Himself, by Him hence the saying,"I can do nothing of Myself". Did the Father live His Throne then? NO! After the baptism of Jesus and on the mount of transfiguration, The Father spoke from Heaven(He is Omnipresent).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Jessicha(f): 5:22pm On Apr 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are contradicting yourself . If Jesus is not equal to the Father that makes them two different gods - you are now practicing tritheism cos apparently you feel same for the Holy Spirit .

Calm down and pay attention .

Jesus is not God’s Son and God is not His Father in the sense of a human father and a son. God is Jesus' Father and Jesus is God’s Son in the sense that Jesus is God made manifest in human form. Jesus is God's Son in that He was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit .

Paul understood the above that's why wrote down those verses in reference to Christ on earth ! Christ was not equal to his "Father" because he was dual-natured - man and God and that limited his divinity sort of .

Jesus , in his life on earth was now subjected to the "Father" in relation to events that occurred prior to the beginning of his life as a human here on earth .

Yahweh , Jesus , Holy Spirit are all equal in power , authority , rank , supremacy etc

Because there is only one God existing as three entities . My signature means that I am in the position of authority and power on earth

rubbbishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Jesus refer to the Father as MY GOD!!! , That clearly tells you he is under the authority of his father

" God { the Father} is the head of Christ " 1 corinthians 11:3 , headship denotes authority over Christ .
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
Jessicha:

rubbbishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Jesus refer to the Father as MY GOD!!! , That clearly tells you he is under the authority of his father

" God { the Father} is the head of Christ " 1 corinthians 11:3 , headship denotes authority over Christ .

Na wa oo . I just said that the verse addresses the dual-natured Christ - human and divine . Obviously the Father is now greater because his human nature would limit his divinity .

Do you realize that if Yahweh is greater than Christ then you have two different gods who just work as a team
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2016
malvisguy212:
perfect reply bro. undecidedperfect reply bro.

Thanks man
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:58pm On Apr 04, 2016
Muafrika2:

They are of one mind so the idea of a pantheon is not even possible.

So what would the picture of the trinity be in your perception?

They are separate entities each with their own mind but they are of "one mind", in unity of purpose and being. One being existing as three entities .

1 Corinthians 2 : 14-16
14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. 15 The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. 16 “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Romans 8:27
27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

Even when Jesus was praying prior to his death on the cross he asked God if He is willing to let the cup pass him yet not his will but God's will be done

Luke 22 : 41-42
41And He withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down and began to pray, 42saying, "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done."
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Jessicha(f): 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Na wa oo . I just said that the verse addresses the dual-natured Christ - human and divine . Obviously the Father is now greater because his human nature would limit his divinity .

Do you realize that if Yahweh is greater than Christ then you have two different gods who just work as a team

the bold expose your ignorance , the father is now greater ? now greater ? you mean the Father is not greater even before sending Christ to earth as human ? rubbish

before Jesus even came to earth , the Father has always been greater , Christ was his messenger { Malachi 3:1} .
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:15pm On Apr 04, 2016
Jessicha:

the bold expose your ignorance , the father is now greater ? now greater ? you mean the Father is not greater even before sending Christ to earth as human ? rubbish

before Jesus even came to earth , the Father has always been greater , Christ was his messenger { Mal 3:1} .

That messenger is John the Baptist . That was Christ talking . Or didn't John the Baptist pave way for Christ undecided

I do pontificate - I am not proud of this - but not ignorantly .
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Jessicha(f): 8:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

That messenger is John the Baptist . That was Christ talking . Or didn't John the Baptist pave way for Christ undecided

I do pontificate - I am not proud of this - but not ignorantly .

hahahaha open your bible to Malachi 3:1 , who is the MESSENGER of the covenant ?
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:46pm On Apr 04, 2016
Jessicha:

hahahaha open your bible to Malachi 3:1 , who is the MESSENGER of the covenant ?

John the Baptist !
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Jessicha(f): 7:32am On Apr 05, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

John the Baptist !

ebukaaaa. , John the baptist is the messenger of the covenant!! must you deny clear facts ?

"See, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me. [size=25] Then [/size] the Lord you seek will suddenly come to His temple , the Messenger of the covenant you desire --see , He is coming," says the LORD of Hosts. "

John the baptist is the Lord u seek ?

°°°°°°°°

Isaiah 53:11 “He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous SERVANT justify many ; for he shall bear their iniquities.”

boldly written , Christ is a servant even before coming to earth !!!
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:54pm On Apr 05, 2016
Jessicha:

ebukaaaa. , John the baptist is the messenger of the covenant!! must you deny clear facts ?

"See, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me. [size=25] Then [/size] the Lord you seek will suddenly come to His temple , the Messenger of the covenant you desire --see , He is coming," says the LORD of Hosts. "

John the baptist is the Lord u seek ?

°°°°°°°°

Isaiah 53:11 “He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous SERVANT justify many ; for he shall bear their iniquities.”

boldly written , Christ is a servant even before coming to earth !!!

Sister Jessicha , there is a comma separating "Then the Lord you seek will suddenly come to His temple" and "the Messenger of the covenant you desire " . You need to be careful of these things . John The Baptist came to prepare the way for the Lord

Mathew 3 : 1-3
3 In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea 2 and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” 3 This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah:

“A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.’”

People have that wrong perception that Yahweh alone was involved through out the Old testament . Malachi 3 : 1
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Jessicha(f): 7:31pm On Apr 05, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Sister Jessicha , there is a comma separating "Then the Lord you seek will suddenly come to His temple" and "the Messenger of the covenant you desire " . You need to be careful of these things . John The Baptist came to prepare the way for the Lord

Mathew 3 : 1-3

People have that wrong perception that Yahweh alone was involved through out the Old testament . Malachi 3 : 1

I know John cleared the way for the messiah , that's clear from the first two lines
"See, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me."

that's clear , but note the next sentence

"
THEN, the Lord you seek will suddenly come to His temple , the Messenger of the covenant you desire --see , He is coming," says the LORD of Hosts. "

THEN introduced the Lord we seek whom is the messenger of the covenant.

°°°°°°°°

AGAIN

boldly written , Christ is a servant even before coming to earth !!!, Or do u deny that truth clearly stated in Isaiah 53:11 ?
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
Jessicha:

I know John cleared the way for the messiah , that's clear from the first two lines
"See, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me."

that's clear , but note the next sentence

"
THEN, the Lord you seek will suddenly come to His temple , the Messenger of the covenant you desire --see , He is coming," says the LORD of Hosts. "

THEN introduced the Lord we seek whom is the messenger of the covenant.

°°°°°°°°

AGAIN

boldly written , Christ is a servant even before coming to earth !!!, Or do u deny that truth clearly stated in Isaiah 53:11 ?

I like your resilience - you always come back stronger after each blow grin

1. Jesus has two natures - divine and human

Colossians 2:9

9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form

2. Jesus was made under The Law

Galatians 4:4

4 But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law,

3. Jesus was for a while lower than the angels

Hebrews 2:9

9 But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

With the above , we can understand that

Matthew 20:28

28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

In reference to his mission on earth , he was seen as the servant of the Lord .

Muslims also think Jesus was a prophet because of that verse I think
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by gatiano(m): 8:07pm On Apr 05, 2016
The Throne of God is within the Soul. God sits on that throne within the soul. Our purpose on earth is to become God, To be this God, we have to commence a journey.
Journey to where? To to within! Anything outside that is a journey far away from God. The head (Ori) is the heaven, the foot is the earth.

The sphinx in Egypt also signifies that. The body of a jackal (earth/lowerself)- animalistic, To the journey upwards to the head(The head of an African person dressed like a King)-The Godself.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Jessicha(f): 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
@ kingebukasblog

KingEbukasBlog:

I like your resilience - you always come back stronger after each blow grin

1. Jesus has two natures - divine and human

Colossians 2:9

but how exactly does colosian 2:9 prove Jesus have two natures ? pls explain. cos col 2:10 proves we have same fullness .. am wondering if we also have two natures

2. Jesus was made under The Law

Galatians 4:4

3. Jesus was for a while lower than the angels

Hebrews 2:9

can you pls stick to the topic ! no one asks u this , you are probably looking for ways to evade facts . owo ti ba e

With the above , we can understand that

Matthew 20:28

In reference to his mission on earth , he was seen as the servant of the Lord .

Muslims also think Jesus was a prophet because of that verse I think

very good you ebuka admits , he was seen as a SERVANT Years before he even came to earth , !! do you now admit the Father has always been greater ? grin
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
@ Sister Jessicha ... Are you a christian ?
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:46am On Apr 06, 2016
cool cool cool
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:39am On Apr 06, 2016
Jessicha:

very good you ebuka admits , he was seen as a SERVANT Years before he even came to earth , !! do you now admit the Father has always been greater ? grin

No
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2016
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukaNaija: 11:46pm On Jun 11, 2016
Nice thread
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukaNaija: 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
Cool thread
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukaNaija: 3:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
Cc : lalasticlala
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukaNaija: 8:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
cool cool cool
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukaNaija: 11:01am On Dec 15, 2016
Read the Op to find out
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:53am On Dec 15, 2016
cc : lalasticlala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Difference Between Hell, Hell Fire And Lake Of Fire / Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand / Food For Thought On Muslim, A Must Read For All Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.