Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Step-by-step Process Of Living Above Sexual Sins In The Life Of A True Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Step-by-step Process Of Living Above Sexual Sins In The Life Of A True Christian (1036 Views)

Confession Of Sexual Sins At Bishop Obinim's Church By Members (Video) / Grace Testimony From South Africa : Delivered From Sexual Sins, Life Now Better / How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Step-by-step Process Of Living Above Sexual Sins In The Life Of A True Christian by DivineSpp(m): 6:13am On Mar 20, 2016
1. Be sincere with yourself

Be sincere with yourself that the devil is taking advantage of you through your engagement in sexual immorality. His goal is to slow down your walk (fellowship) with God until your heart is hardened to the voice of the eternal Spirit in you.

…we must get rid of everything that slows us down, especially sin that distracts us. We must run the race that lies ahead of us and never give up.” – Hebrews 12:1 (GW)

“Take heed, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called today, lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin” – Hebrews 2:12-13 (MKJV)

2. Identify the problem

Do a self-assessment in order to convince your heart that this is a problem you have to urgently deal with through the help of the Holy Spirit.

Come now, and let us reason together, says Jehovah; though your sins are as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be like wool.” – Isaiah 1:18 (MKJV)

You have to ask God with an open heart that you need his help.

“Therefore let us come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” – Hebrews 4:16 (MKJV)

3. Clarify your goal (What do you want)

Make clear what you want God to help you with. Do you want a partial deliverance where you will be falling back to the same mistake and frequently asking for forgiveness or you want God to give you divine empowerment to live in total dominion over sin?
It is high time you developed a definite goal to break-free from the desire to engage in the sin of sexual immorality.

“…He (Jesus) asked him, saying, what do you desire that I should do to you?”– Luke 18:40-41 (MKJV)

Ask and it shall be given to you; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened to you. For each one who asks receives; and he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, it shall be opened. – Matthew 7:7-8 (MKJV)

“Knowing that when Christ was raised from the dead, He dies no more; death no longer has dominion over Him. For in that He died, He died to sin once; but in that He lives, He lives to God. Likewise count yourselves also to be truly dead to sin, but alive to God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. Do not yield your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but yield yourselves to God, as one alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under Law, but under grace.” – Romans 6:9-14 (MKJV)

4. Be assured you can break-free

Have total assurance in your heart that you can break-free. Do not listen to Satan’s deception that everyone is doing it and it is impossible to live above sexual immorality in this 21st century.
Do a thorough research on people who have successfully broken free from living a life of sexual sin. Check out for testimonies of people who have been delivered from all sorts of sexual sin, especially from ministries preaching undiluted gospel of grace such as Segun Obadje Ministry, Joseph Prince Ministry etc.
Jesus Christ has made you free, so you can walk in freedom from sexual immorality.

“Therefore if the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.” – John 8:36 (MKJV)

5. Confess and believe your righteousness in Christ

You have been made righteous through the obedience of Jesus Christ.

“For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of One shall many be made righteous.” – Romans 5:19 (MKJV)

“For He has made Him who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” – 2 Corinthians 5:21 (MKJV)

You just need to be conscious of this gift of righteousness you have received (Romans 5:17) by confessing that you are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:21).
Do this repeatedly every day until you catch the revelation of who you really are in Christ. Within a short period of time, you will find the act of sexual immorality so disgusting to you to the extent that you lose every desire to engage in it.

6. Break every contact with sexual sin

Now that you are conscious of who you are in Christ, take further steps to do away with any association, objects and environment that subject you to the temptation of sexual sin.

…we must get rid of everything that slows us down, especially sin that distracts us. We must run the race that lies ahead of us and never give up.” – Hebrews 12:1 (GW)

“…Therefore come out from among them and be separated, says the Lord, and d[b]o not touch the unclean thing…[/b]” – 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 (MKJV)

Forms of contact with sexual sin such as keeping bad friends, watching intimate movies or musical videos, listening to intimate audio songs, use of sexually-stimulating dress, use of sexual aids such as Romance-Machines, watching comedies with intimate jokes, viewing sexually motivated TV adverts, exposing yourself to sexually-stimulating environment such as ungodly parties, reading magazines or newspapers filled with unclad or half-unclad pictures, visiting websites where unclad or half-unclad pictures are being displayed, visiting blogs filled with intimate topics and comments, etc.

Trust the power of the Holy Spirit in you to help you break-free from all these modes of sexual stimulation.

“…cultivate your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God who works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.” – Philippians 2:12-13 (MKJV)

And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you shall keep My judgments and do them.” – Ezekiel 36:27 (MKJV)

I can do all things [/b]through Christ who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13 (MKJV)

7. Create an atmosphere of God’s presence around you to strengthen your spirit

Having separated yourself from everything that easily lures you into sexual sin, you should saturate your environment with godly things that will help you remain faithful to your commitment to live above sexual sin.
Develop good relationships with people who have the same belief and value on sexual purity. Start listening to spirit-filled songs and watch musical videos and movies filled with God’s love, grace and truth.
Make it a habit to listen to at least one message about God’s grace (unmerited favour) from men of God who are preaching a balanced message of grace. Gospel ministers such as Segun Obadje, Joseph Prince, Creflo Dollar, Andrew Wommack, etc.
As you keep doing this, your faith and resolution to live a life of sexual purity will be strengthened.

“[b]So faith comes from hearing the message
, and the message that is heard is what Christ spoke.” – Romans 10:17 (GW)

“How can a young person keep his life pure? He can do it by holding on to your word.” – Psalm 119:9 (GW)

“I have hidden Your Word in my heart, so that I might not sin against You.” – Psalm 119:11 (MKJV)

8. Be accountable to a mature believer in Christ

Your level of success in life is a function of who are your role models and mentors.

“He who walks with the wise shall be wise… - Proverbs 13:20a (MKJV)

Look for Christians of good reputation and morals you can be accountable to. Provide them with updates of your progress in living a life of sexual purity so that they can give you grace-based words of advice that can help you in this new way of life.
There is more wisdom in learning from experience of others rather than just your personal experience.

“Where there is no wisdom, the people fall; but in the multitude of wise men there is safety.” – Proverbs 11:14 (MKJV)

“Without wisdom, purposes are defeated, but by many wise men they are established.” – Proverbs 15:22 (MKJV)

“For by wise counsel you shall make your war; and in a multitude of wise men there is safety.” – Proverbs 24:6 (MKJV)

Enjoy your new lifestyle in Christ.
Re: Step-by-step Process Of Living Above Sexual Sins In The Life Of A True Christian by AngryNigerian(m): 7:47am On Mar 20, 2016
Thank you for the expòse dear! Can I be your pal? because i wish to "walk with the wise"
Re: Step-by-step Process Of Living Above Sexual Sins In The Life Of A True Christian by DivineSpp(m): 7:58am On Mar 20, 2016
AngryNigerian:
Thank you for the expòse dear! Can I be your pal? because i wish to "walk with the wise"
Thanks to God @AngryNigerian. It's a great privilege to be your pal too.

1 Like

Re: Step-by-step Process Of Living Above Sexual Sins In The Life Of A True Christian by Aremu01(m): 11:26am On Mar 20, 2016
Spirit is willing, flesh is weak
Re: Step-by-step Process Of Living Above Sexual Sins In The Life Of A True Christian by DivineSpp(m): 12:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
Aremu01:
Spirit is willing, flesh is weak
@Aremu01, that's why you have to allow the Spirit of God in you to motify (put to death) the works and desires of the flesh.
More grace!
Re: Step-by-step Process Of Living Above Sexual Sins In The Life Of A True Christian by Aremu01(m): 1:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
DivineSpp:

@Aremu01, that's why you have to allow the Spirit of God in you to motify (put to death) the works and desires of the flesh.
More grace!
Yes Pastor, I die daily.
More anointing Sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Receives 700 Cars As Offering From Worshippers / Mixed Christian-Muslim Families - Let's Share Experience / PHOTOS: Pastor Who Allegedly Went To Heaven And Returned Buys A Brand New BMW I8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.