Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) (28142 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Visits Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce Reveals That 3 Women Are Responsible For His Success In Life / Photo Of Ben Murray-Bruce With Muhammad Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by RichDad1(m): 8:51am On Mar 20, 2016
Hmmmm Obanikoro's brother.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by Flexherbal(m): 8:51am On Mar 20, 2016
To the politicians: You are not to kill the people you were meant to serve.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by free2ryhme: 8:51am On Mar 20, 2016
the excesses of governors must be checked by the constitution./

Dont forget the present constitution was manipulated by the Abacha regime with the hope he will be president
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by Smilyn: 8:52am On Mar 20, 2016
A confused nation..NIGERIA
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by amtaken(f): 8:55am On Mar 20, 2016
Mr. Bruce always making common sense.

One love man.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by donsteady(m): 8:55am On Mar 20, 2016
A lot of sense. Let's review, debate and see what comes out. Other that maybe the next person that will die maybe you.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by thaoriginator: 8:56am On Mar 20, 2016
Obama look alike with Obanikoro brain.. Na who go come control the treasure..
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by mars123(m): 8:57am On Mar 20, 2016
oludare007:
And where in the world is a governor not having power over how he manages the money in his Treasury?

Who will be doing the management if a govnr doesn't? Why is he even a govnr?

Free and fair elections never happen anywhere...

There is always manipulation. The only thing I detest is the violence!
look at you. the man said do or die and you're talking free and fair. or does do or die elections happen everywhere too?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by agbangam: 8:58am On Mar 20, 2016
Its so annoying wen I hear pple call Amaechi names like Traitor,Judas and all soughts of rubbish. Is it not d same Amaechi dat did his best to advice GEJ about those around him dat were decieving him, and we all saw how their deciet led to his loss in election, I so much believe if GEJ had listen to d like of Amaechi not Wike.. Amaechi did his Best for rivers pple, during Amaechi reign rivers was so peaceful until Wike bcame a Minister and everything scatter
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by isralkhaleed(m): 8:58am On Mar 20, 2016
Someone should tell Bruce that violence will continue to mar our elections unless we start to use minimum wages for public office holders based onbtheur educational qualifications... I believe with this, Nigeria would have best brains running the affair of this country...
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by idu1(m): 9:01am On Mar 20, 2016
This man is a stupiid fellow. You are a senator you can push for demonetization. You are hear ranting twitter.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by ProfJournalism(m): 9:08am On Mar 20, 2016
This is just the Gospel Truth. Politicking in Politic.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by Etinosajay(m): 9:13am On Mar 20, 2016
Is this not why he is a Senator?

Weren't they given the power of the masses to make legislations like this?

Why is he moving this motion on twitter and not in the Senate chambers?

I like this man, but I fear he is just another scam wanting to ride on the anger of citizens to seek a higher office.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by kindnyce(m): 9:17am On Mar 20, 2016
dokunbam:
To Ben, you are a senator

Push this at the senate not on Twitter

Mentioning it on Twitter will not benefit anyone

Check my signature for more

Lol,..guy u get bad mouth ghan... grin
U got a point tho.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 20, 2016
nzgal:
Not only the power, also the money they control and earn.

#reduce the money, reduce the power "!!
Who will reduce the money is the question.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by 2n2k(m): 9:19am On Mar 20, 2016
The recent election in Rivers State was neither presidential nor gubernatorial. Why was it do or die?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by AfroKnight: 9:20am On Mar 20, 2016
That's not entirely correct. The reason for violence is power; control and immunity. The ability to control territory and the lives of other people regardless of wealth. In Nigeria, no governor or president can veto money for himself legally. That's why we have cases levelled against them after office.

Those who vie for office singularly for money are the senators and reps. They do not have immunity so they collect bribes or vote money for themselves. These are the real enemies of Nigeria.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by BabaO2: 9:20am On Mar 20, 2016
obiremy:
You have said it all Sen. Ben Bruce
https://twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/711245493163065345
said what all? what about the armed robbery salary and free allocations at the national assembly that he is a beneficiary?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by Controversialad: 9:23am On Mar 20, 2016
I am beginning to like DAT man. But he is not saying all
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by mrnuur(m): 9:28am On Mar 20, 2016
oludare007:
And where in the world is a governor not having power over how he manages the money in his Treasury?

Aptly put
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by potential228(m): 9:30am On Mar 20, 2016
madridguy:
Treasury looters everywhere.
pdp corrupted party...
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by gawu1: 9:32am On Mar 20, 2016
colossus2:

He is not wrong tho'
He is a senator. Why taking to twittering instead of rising the issue at the floor of the senate? Bruce is absolutely wrong.
We all are aware that when PMB proposed reducing emolument of political office holders to curtail issues like these, the senates, including people like Bruce kicked against it. That's why there can't be common sense in the common sense proprietor this time around.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by idfact0404(m): 9:38am On Mar 20, 2016
The Man just talk sensible, since he became senator! True talk, Ben-Muray.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by lukaino(m): 9:40am On Mar 20, 2016
In the 80's in this same country, people were being begged to become councillors. This is because it was purely a call to work devoid of any attractive pecuniary benefits.
But today, councillors now have access to funds huge enough to acquire properties abroad, hence the killing and maiming to become one.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by Akaujaa(m): 9:44am On Mar 20, 2016
Ben Bruce, you are talking to the wrong audience. Go tell your floor members in the senate who are hell-bent on running the country down.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by Qmerit(m): 9:48am On Mar 20, 2016
sweetboiy:
Very intelligent observation from my senator

People like you are the problem we have in this country sing praises of any one in charge..
Are the one to make it a law on social media or the senator should make it a law in the national assembly. Raise a motion and lobby for contribution and pass it into law is what we need not telling us here.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by james2man: 9:49am On Mar 20, 2016
It keep surprising me, when people who claim they want to serve the people resort to killing and make it a do or die affair. It is very obvious that they have no interests of the people/masses in their heart, but rather theirs. Which are how to steal public funds, live extravagant life at the expense of tax payer funds, tour the world, send their kids to the best institution in the world, all these are some of their interests that propel them to make it a do or die affair... This is a bitter truth, no politian in nigeria have 60% interest of the mass in them.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by crazyclown07(m): 9:50am On Mar 20, 2016
Tell them Senator BEN BRUCELEE
You have spoken well
The other tin now is to heed and adhere strictly to ur candid advice
Ben Bruce Senate president on social media and
Senator representing twitter senatorial zone *na joke I dey joke ooh Meanwhile happy palm Sunday to my catholic faithfuls God Bless y'all
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by crazyclown07(m): 9:50am On Mar 20, 2016
Tell them Senator BEN BRUCELEE
You have spoken well
The other tin now is to heed and adhere strictly to ur candid advice
Ben Bruce Senate president on social media and
Senator representing twitter senatorial zone *na joke I dey joke ooh Meanwhile happy palm Sunday to my catholic faithfuls God Bless y'all
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by bibiking7(m): 9:53am On Mar 20, 2016
Yes we all know that it's the money and power that makes the polithiefcians desperate. But who else will manage the state funds if it's not the governor.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) by elopee3000(m): 9:56am On Mar 20, 2016
oludare007:

see what ur saying who is Obama to win if not for free and fair election who is Cameron to win if not for free and fair ,in America even mayor o f new York is more powerfull than governor pls in western world governors re nothing so dont confuse people only in Nigeria governors see them selves as a mini president,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States / 2023: Sowore Unveils Haruna Garba Magashi As His Running Mate / Bomb Blast Rocks Yola Market, Many Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.