Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,670 members, 7,862,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:08 AM

Watch Video Of Amazing Boy Who Used Scrap Electronic To Create Mini Generators - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Watch Video Of Amazing Boy Who Used Scrap Electronic To Create Mini Generators (546 Views)

I Can't Watch Video In My PC / Mcdorsey Can Fix It!–computers, Mobile Phones, Home & Office Electronic Products / Simple Way To Check Who Used Your PC In Your Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Watch Video Of Amazing Boy Who Used Scrap Electronic To Create Mini Generators by Tarabasquare(m): 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2016
Kelvin Doe was born in Freetown, Sierra Leone in 1996 as the youngest of five children. His creative instincts have been with him as a child and he would often dream of solutions to problems in his community. At the age of 11, he started scavenging for scrap electronics parts from dump sites after school for his inventions.

Eventually he gathered enough pieces to create mini generators. Totally self-taught, he fashioned together an amp, a mixer, and enough auxiliary equipment to launch a one-person radio station.
He broadcasts news and music to the residents of his childhood neighborhood in Freetown, Sierra Leone. His listeners know him as DJ Focus.

Fast Company magazine named Kelvin one of their “100 Most Creative People in Business 2013,” a remarkable tribute when you realize that Kelvin is the youngest among the 100 honorees.
“I am naturally curious,” Kelvin humbly states. Kelvin, together with his team, was a winner of Global Minimum's Innovate Salone 2012 -- the inaugural high school innovation challenge in Sierra Leon.

Kelvin was selected to travel to the U.S. in 2012, where he was invited to speak at the "Meet the Young Makers" panel at the World Maker Faire 2012 in New York.

His curiosity takes him places. In fact, his first trip from his native Sierra Leone took him to MIT, where he worked on engineering projects last summer. Kelvin is the youngest person in history invited to MIT’s “Visiting Practitioner’s Program.” He was also a speaker at the 2013 TEDxTeen, and he has amazed thousands of YouTube viewers who have seen the short documentary about his inventions.
Kelvin has a clear mission: He wants to build a windmill to provide power for his Freetown neighbors, and he want to become a scientist to improve life for the citizens of Sierra Leone. “I love my country,” he says. “I love my people.”

With a youtube views of over 4 million, Kelvin has continues to inspire other young people in his country and around the world. Kelvin will be 20 this year and is currently furthering is education in the UK.
Let's watch out, Africa's future is bright!

watch video here
source: http://www.africafuturestars.com/2016/03/watch-video-of-amazing-boy-who-used.html

Re: Watch Video Of Amazing Boy Who Used Scrap Electronic To Create Mini Generators by Drabrah(m): 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2016
C'est Cool!
It's good he has talent, & lucky he's in an environment dat encourages it's devt

(1) (Reply)

Cray Online Tv / Core I7, 1gig Dedicated Dell E6530 UK Used For Sale / 80gb & Above Ide Hard Disc Needed Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.