Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

What Will Happen To Our Forefathers Who Died Without Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will Happen To Our Forefathers Who Died Without Christ (1000 Views)

"I Was In The Same Taxi With My Aunt Who Died Years Ago" - South African Lady / MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja / A New Year Without Christ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen To Our Forefathers Who Died Without Christ by wins18(m): 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2016
This is a serious question that demands an answer.
someone should enlighten me about this pls.
I believe in God, atleast I knew there is a Supreme Being. I am a christian who follows the christian doctrine not because I was meant to..., but because I knew being upright is a right thing to do.
So my beloved... What will happen to people who were not opportuned to perceive the gospel, will God pardon them for their ignorance? Just curious to know thanks
Re: What Will Happen To Our Forefathers Who Died Without Christ by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2016
Me too get dat question 4 mind ooo.
What will they tell Baba God .

Religion is a personal race bro.
Re: What Will Happen To Our Forefathers Who Died Without Christ by macsymphony: 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
If it is true that they never heard about christ or the gospel of our lord JESUS christ they will be judged based on their conscience. It will be subjected to weather they used the life GOD gave them to do evil or good
Re: What Will Happen To Our Forefathers Who Died Without Christ by omokab: 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2016
Do you know what will even happen to you on the day judgement by calling jesus God and believing in him more than God? Those people you are talking about has gone to rest,face your own life accordingly.
Re: What Will Happen To Our Forefathers Who Died Without Christ by acenazt: 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2016
The irony of Religion
Re: What Will Happen To Our Forefathers Who Died Without Christ by AgbenuAnna(f): 3:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
They will be judged by there conscience
Re: What Will Happen To Our Forefathers Who Died Without Christ by CoolUsername: 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
macsymphony:
If it is true that they never heard about christ or the gospel of our lord JESUS christ they will be judged based on their conscience. It will be subjected to weather they used the life GOD gave them to do evil or good

If so, then why do people go around proselytizing their religion?

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Our Forefathers Who Died Without Christ by wins18(m): 8:08pm On Mar 20, 2016
omokab:
Do you know what will even happen to you on the day judgement by calling jesus God and believing in him more than God? Those people you are talking about has gone to rest,face your own life accordingly.
it is through Jesus that you get to God bro
Re: What Will Happen To Our Forefathers Who Died Without Christ by Letusreason: 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hello Sir. I wish to discourage us from entertaining any fear for our loved ones/ancestors who may have past on without hearing the gospel. The Bible teaches that God is going to judge the world fairly and righteously. “Because he hath appointed a day, in which he will judge the world in righteousness” (Acts 17:31). This means that
when all the facts are in, God’s name will be
vindicated and no one will be able to accuse Him of being unfair.

Even though we may not know how He is
going to deal with these people specifically, we do know that His judgment is going to be absolutely just. The Scriptures contain examples of individuals who were accepted by God, even though their knowledge of Him was limited. He is not a respecter of persons, but accepts all that come to him. Rahab, the prostitute, had only a small amount of knowledge of God as she heard what he had done. It was enough knowledge to act on it. The Bible refers to her as a woman of faith,
and her actions were commended (Joshua 2:9;
Hebrews 11:31). Naaman, the Syrian, was
granted peace with God because he exercised
faith, even though he was living in the midst of a pagan culture (II Kings 5:15–19). Jonah a
prophet, was only one man sent to Nineveh, a
ruthless pagan society, and they repented at his preaching of judgment (Jonah 3:5). There is an example of a man who was in a situation much like the scenario we are discussing. His name was Cornelius. He was a very religious man who was constantly praying to God. He was gentile who had not heard of Jesus
Christ, but he was honestly asking God to reveal Himself to him. God answered the prayer of Cornelius, and sent the apostle Peter to him to give him the gospel. He did it then and he will do it today.

Romans 1 states that no one has any excuse. “For
what can be known about God is manifest plain to
them, because God has shown it to them. Ever
since the creation of the world his invisible
nature, namely, his eternal power and deity, has
been clearly perceived in the things that have
been made. So they are without excuse” (Romans
1:19–20). The sense of one not measuring up to a
standard is universal. There is no culture where
people feel they have never failed or
transgressed. It is evident within them. Every
person of the human race from all time periods,
has had the testimony of the creation and the
testimony of their own shortcomings to inform
them that they do not meet God's requirements.
God testifies of Himself through His creation and
we are expected to understand that there are
absolutes which we violate. This self revelation as
well as nature renders all inexcusable. Its not they
have not heard, they have!
There is what is called general revelation that
comes from nature, God's creation. One can learn
a certain amount about God by observing the
world around us. This is why there are so many
different religions. Because many stop in nature
and say it is nature that is God. But the Bible
teaches God is transcendent, He is beyond nature
as its creator. So they rebel against the evidential
truths and they go no further in there pursuit.
In Romans 2:12-15 it states, “For all who have
sinned without the Law will also perish without
the Law; and all who have sinned under the Law
will be judged by the Law; for not the hearers of
the Law are just before God, but the doers of the
Law will be justified. For when Gentiles who do
not have the Law do instinctively the things of
the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law
unto themselves, in that they show the work of
the Law written in their hearts, their conscience
bearing witness, and their thoughts ultimately
accusing or defending them. In the day when
God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ,
according to my gospel.”
Scripture explains how God has given each man a
“natural law”; a general understanding of right
and wrong. This is evident in the fact that all men
are endowed with a conscience. Every society,
culture and person develops some type of a moral
code that they judge others and themselves by.
The remains of the conscience are marred but not
destroyed, it still operates in us. We can know
even by instinct what are the standards of truth
coming from God. The gentiles or unbeliever is
able to know and keep some of the moral law
because they are made in the image of God. If
they do not sear their conscience it continues to
be a moral umpire.

I hope this helps. Thanks. More can be seen at letusreason.org

(1) (Reply)

5 Strongest Signs That Show Aliens Existence(pics And Video) / Pakistani Christian Woman Is Gang-raped And Threatened By Muslim Attackers / Why I Don't Pay Tithe To Any Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.