Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Why I Am Establishing Games Village - Ifeanyi Ubah - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why I Am Establishing Games Village - Ifeanyi Ubah (1766 Views)

Breaking: DSS Arrests Ifeanyi Ubah Over N11b Oil Theft / Take A Look At Ifeanyi Ubah's House / Ifeanyi Ubah's Car Gift To Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia's Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am Establishing Games Village - Ifeanyi Ubah by viviangist2: 5:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
The Chairman/CEO of Capital Oil and Gas, Ifeanyi Ubah (FC) and Authority Newspapers, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has said the reason why he is building a multi-purpose international stadium and a Games Village at Nnewi, is to create over 5000 jobs for the teeming unemployed Anambra youths
Chief Ubah who made this known at his country home Nnewi while interacting with newsmen, said the Games Village would cost well over three hundred million US dollars noting that the village when completed would employ over 5000 Anambrarians .
The business mogul said the project would accommodate Industrial Park, Women and Youths Development Centre as well as a Residential Village
His words, 'We need to engage our people in sporting activities. And also use it to help ourselves and bring dividends to the country. We want to celebrate the name of Anambra state again like what they have in Delta state. Anambra have been leading in sports and won’t stop.
'The only problem is diverse initiative and it is eating deep. You have never seen any construction company in this state that has such equipment we have at the stadium construction site. Remember, I never did any contract for anyone in my life.
'This is solely our company’s project. But I thank God I was able to move them to the state and they are giving us lots of value in terms of logistics. So, we are jumping and rolling. We can’t wait to have a game village before the end of this year by the Grace of God.
'The storm will soon be over. The people that love football will live to enjoy it. We will soon conduct election for Ifeanyi Ubah FC. On the women football, we are working on woman team. Before next year we will have it once we are able to stop the hitches.
'We are building a two hundred self-contained suit for our team. We are going to have over two hundred players by next year. Whatever you see in Europe would be replicated here. So much is ongoing, and I am sure we are going to achieve that feat.
'As for our women, If you have gone through the structures we are putting up, you will see where we setup women and youths development centre. So we are working on that. It is part of our project. We have a lot for women and youth empowerment and training. You will be marveled when you see it.
'Even our youths were not left out, just a week ago we concluded the first youth tournament we had. We played across local government areas. And I paid them cash instantly.
'We spent over two to four million naira. It is a recognized outing. We were able to pick a lot of talents. The point is that I came in last year, and faced a lot of challenges. So, we want to be in forefront not at the back. So, as things went the way and we got eleven positions. I went to the market… Next season I will have over 16 strong teams from Nnewi, and Anambra youths will enjoy the move., ' he boasted.
Speaking on the sustainability of the project the oil magnet said 'I don’t do a thing that falls back. I have never entered a project that ever collapsed. I am not trying to flatter anybody. I have this whole street in Nnewi, Anambra which I singlehandedly built and it is the best. I have fuel stations all over the place but they are closed up because I don’t want to belong to a group of selling fuel at unpleasant price.
'But sometimes, you don’t blame them because they are there for business. That is why I come out with mine in a reduced price when I see that it is going far far beyond imagination. But if the product is available I will not intervene. I believe my Enugu petrol depot would soon be on track within the next 120 days so that we can use it to stabilize the fuel availability at reduced price in the whole South-east, he said.
When asked to speak about governance in the South-East
, 'When I contested in Anambra 2013 gubernatorial poll I said so many things including that I need not be in governance to make physical cash. On the issue of Southeast roads, it is good you said it. Some of them are building millions for themselves.
I will soon name them. They are only thinking of how to accumulate selfish wealth. There is no sincerity in governance. It is very painful. I stand on fighting corruption. There is nothing I can do because I am not yet a governor. But small time, we shall know. If the government of Chief Willie Obiano is doing well and continues doing well as I said earlier, he will have the second chance, 'he concluded.

Source http://www.viviangist.com/why-i-am-establishing-games-village-ifeanyi-ubah

Cc; lalasticlala

Re: Why I Am Establishing Games Village - Ifeanyi Ubah by viviangist2: 5:14pm On Mar 20, 2016

Re: Why I Am Establishing Games Village - Ifeanyi Ubah by Sunofgod(m): 5:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
OK
Re: Why I Am Establishing Games Village - Ifeanyi Ubah by hamzakito(m): 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
Re: Why I Am Establishing Games Village - Ifeanyi Ubah by chriskosherbal(m): 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
Is a welcome development.
Re: Why I Am Establishing Games Village - Ifeanyi Ubah by PRXPERT: 5:37pm On Mar 20, 2016
This is who we are, by the time 4 clubs from Anambra state represent NPFL, they will change the pattern to qouta system! watch out for Neros FC, Obijackson fc and Ifeanyi ubah FC.
Re: Why I Am Establishing Games Village - Ifeanyi Ubah by kennyman2000(m): 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Why I Am Establishing Games Village - Ifeanyi Ubah by Viktor1983(m): 7:51pm On Mar 20, 2016
It's all good. Anambra Adigo mma.
Re: Why I Am Establishing Games Village - Ifeanyi Ubah by DailyPost: 10:09pm On Mar 20, 2016
Cc; lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Balancing Social And Entrepreneurial Life / Help Your Children In Building Up Their Careers. / Competitive Rates For Pure Honey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.