Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State (6508 Views)

Anambra Election: State Of Emergency Will Be Declared If .. - Oduah / Sacked Police Officers , Victims Of Apc's Desperation To Take Over Rivers State / Ben Murray-Bruce: Anambra Doesn't Owe Salaries Despite Not Being An Oil State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by talktimi(m): 8:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
1wolex85:

there is no need to prove anything, it's clear you didn't speak, a look through your posts verify that and thanks for admitting that the pdp did same in Ekiti state.
the devil will be so proud of you. Next time get empirical evidence before opening that dung hole in public

1 Like

Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by 1wolex85: 8:58pm On Mar 20, 2016
talktimi:
the devil will be so proud of you. Next time get empirical evidence before opening that dung hole in public
just stop the semantics. If pdp did the same thing, you would support it.
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by talktimi(m): 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2016
1wolex85:

just stop the semantics. If pdp did the same thing, you would support it.
I am not you abeg, don't compare our characters
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by 1wolex85: 9:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
talktimi:
I am not you abeg, don't compare our characters
of course you are not me and our shadows talk less of characters can't be compared. You can keep living in a bubble and lying to yourself, your reputation precedes you and the only reason you are criticizing is because it doesn't favour your party
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by talktimi(m): 9:24pm On Mar 20, 2016
1wolex85:

[s]of course you are not me and our shadows talk less of characters can't be compared. You can keep living in a bubble and lying to yourself, your reputation precedes you and the only reason you are criticizing is because it doesn't favour your party [/s]
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by teadrake(m): 9:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
smallJagaban:

STAY THERE

WAS IT NOT IN NIGERIA THAT 7 OUT OF 20 MEMBERS OF HOR IMPEACHED ITS SPEAKER..
Lest we forget that this same Nigeria,16 was greater than 19
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by teadrake(m): 9:41pm On Mar 20, 2016
sosanova:
God punish Buhari and all those who voted for this negative CHANGE
We are back to 1984 horror days
Buhari has destroyed Democracy again
Read what you've typed and give yourself a medal over that.
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by teadrake(m): 9:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
sosanova:
God punish Buhari and all those who voted for this negative CHANGE
We are back to 1984 horror days
Buhari has destroyed Democracy again
A filthy mouth will not utter decent language.
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by 1wolex85: 9:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
[quote author=talktimi post=43954652][/quote] mtscheew
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
teadrake:

Lest we forget that this same Nigeria,16 was greater than 19
If the president announces state of emergency without NASS approval, it won't be obeyed.Trust me,if he couldn't even rig yesterday"s elections, he can't illegally remove a sitting Governor let alone a strong man like Wike

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by teadrake(m): 9:50pm On Mar 20, 2016
chukwudi44:

If the president announces state of emergency without NASS approval, it won't be obeyed.Trust me,if he couldn't even rig yesterday"s elections, he can't illegally remove a sitting Governor let alone a strong man like Wike
"Strong man like WIKE" You're underestimating the power of the executive, while NASS would be deliberating on whether to approve or not,order has been given already.
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by eziokwubundunuwa: 9:50pm On Mar 20, 2016
chukwudi44:

Take this to church. In a few hours time all those involved in killings in Rivers State will be arrested. Crying foul will not stop the law from taking its course. Only a very weak President will allow that happen. Iko ya ejugo.
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by BlackTechnology: 9:52pm On Mar 20, 2016
kettykin:

I don't really pray for the state of emergency for some reasons .

state of emergency would really backfire in a very big way, this looks like the government shooting it's self on both legs.

A declaration of state of emergency will mean an end to Africa’s soviet union, don't expect militants ,political interest groups ,armed groups to fold their hands and allow soldiers have a field day, first the little exchange of fireworks might degenerate to full scale combat leading to ambushes, casualties and further deployment of troops, those that have been watching from the sidelines in the old east and niger delta states would be emboldened to pick up arms and the ambush and killings will continue, remember that the oil industry is already comatose, the remaining infrastructure will just be destroyed by mad unexplained militancy.

Free flow of arms, oil bunkering and the groups like ipob which by the way seems confused in terms of strategy picking arms would definitely seriously widen the conflict until either 2 things happen. The intervention of world powers with a UN intervention force or a military intervention into government with its wide implications or a restoration of the elected governor and removal of emergency rule.

Anyone thinking
Knowing that the type of government at the centre is a defiant government, the only option seems the first 2 .

by the way, this is just an analysis and nothing more than that

Can you please explain better what I highlighted
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
eziokwubundunuwa:

Take this to church. In a few hours time all those involved in killings in Rivers State will be arrested. Crying foul will not stop the law from taking its course. Only a very weak President will allow that happen. Iko ya ejugo.
That is good news if true.Especially the APC thugs who blew the brains of the PDP agent at Tai LGA.Also the APC thugs and their sponsors who killed the security officer must also be nabbed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2016
teadrake:

"Strong man like WIKE" You're underestimating the power of the executive, while NASS would be deliberating on whether to approve or not,order has been given already.
Wike would not leave his office unless the NASS approves such a move. Any thing short of that would be civil war

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 20, 2016
teadrake:

Wike would not leave his office unless the NASS approves such a move. Any thing short of that would be civil war.Do not expect MEND,SS/SE Military officials to allow such an impunity. Such a thing can't even happen in Zimbabwe let alone Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by teadrake(m): 10:14pm On Mar 20, 2016
[quote author=chukwudi44 post=43955604]
Wike would not leave his office unless the NASS approves such a move. Any thing short of that would be civil war.Do not expect MEND,SS/SE Military officials to allow such an impunity. Such a thing can't even happen in Zimbabwe let alone Nigeria/quote]
PA chukwudi,am fully aware of your distasteful towards the ruling party,nevertheless let's look for fact and lay blame on the appropriate channel.
My questions for you are:
Does the recent political killing absolved WIKE of being the primary/secondary cause of violence in his own state?Amaechi might be your primary/secondary
Are you aware that a top member of the APC was beheaded just last week prior this election?
So,dakuku tried to eliminate himself again?
I don't support Amaechi presence there but considering WIKE hate speech on a national TV few days ago,even you chukwudi wouldn't adhere to
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by eziokwubundunuwa: 10:27pm On Mar 20, 2016
chukwudi44:

Wike would not leave his office unless the NASS approves such a move. Any thing short of that would be civil war.Do not expect MEND,SS/SE Military officials to allow such an impunity. Such a thing can't even happen in Zimbabwe let alone Nigeria

Do you actually believe that majority of ordinary people support Wike or that all the militants support Wike? The truth is that Amaechi helped reduce the level of violence by not arming his own youths or do you think he has no youths on his side? Stop wishing for war as everyone loses wherever is used as the theatre or battle ground.
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 20, 2016
eziokwubundunuwa:

Do you actually believe that majority of ordinary people support Wike or that all the militants support Wike? The truth is that Amaechi helped reduce the level of violence by not arming his own youths or do you think he has no youths on his side? Stop wishing for war as everyone loses wherever is used as the theatre or battle ground.
My friend Amaechi has been disgraced twice, first last April as Governor and now even with his "federal might" people still refused to vote for his candidates.He might be very popular in oshogbo and kano but definitely not in Rivers state
Nyesom Wike would be governor of Rivers state till 2023 unless he dies before then.We don't run a banana republic where the president can just remove any elected government official without following due process
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by talktimi(m): 10:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
eziokwubundunuwa:

majority of people in rivers state support including me, it is only strangers who don't live here and internet voltrons who don't like him.
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
[quote author=teadrake post=43955984][/quote]
What about the PDP agents killed by APC thugs yesterday? What about the corrupt INEC woman Amaechi and co tried to free earlier today?

A thug like Wike is just the perfect match for Buhari's tyranny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by OgundeleT(m): 10:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
chukwudi44:
The APC does not have the required 2/3 majority in the NASS to see it through. The plot is dead on arrival
are u an american? wake up na naija we dey
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by teadrake(m): 10:45pm On Mar 20, 2016
chukwudi44:

What about the PDP agents killed by APC thugs yesterday? What about the corrupt INEC woman Amaechi and co tried to free earlier today?

A thug like Wike is just the perfect match for Buhari's tyranny
Can two wrong make a right?
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
OgundeleT:

are u an american? wake up na naija we dey
Bros it will never happen!! Certainly not a Hausa president illegally trying to remove a popular southern Governor!! It would be a recipe for civil war!! You yorubas and Hausas would have to live with the reality of Wike as Governor of Rivers state until 2023
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by teadrake(m): 11:15pm On Mar 20, 2016
chukwudi44:

Bros it will never happen!! Certainly not a Hausa president illegally trying to remove a popular southern Governor!! It would be a recipe for civil war!! You yorubas and Hausas would have to live with the reality of Wike as Governor of Rivers state until 2023
Popular in massacring people?Your illusory is faulty and catastrophic,how many southern state do we have this kind of unrest that has been ravaging Rivers since the time of commencement of Rivers governorship election which every sensitive Nigerian know the election was marred with extreme irregularities.It's better you quit demonstrating your pathetic ways of trying to gather momentum for your brother wike
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by OgundeleT(m): 11:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
chukwudi44:

funny you, whether wike rule or not it is non of my business, i would have initially agreed with you assuming you said it can lead to war, but claiming that state of emergency can't be possible because APC don't havr the 2/3 was what i want u to forget
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by kettykin: 2:30am On Mar 21, 2016
BlackTechnology:

Can you please explain better what I highlighted
The point I was trying to make is that with ipob director in custody and some of their members shot dead by an inept and inefficient law enforcement with little or nothing to do about it ,ipob strategy seems to have lost steam, while I am not against ipob or in support of a hypocritical and useless government at the centre which cannot even pass a simple budget and took 5 months to appoint a cabinet, I do not think that the ipob strategy of secession from nigeria will fly now.

It is just an idea that was pushed at the wrong timing and requires a restraint or re strategy to push on.
Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by Krossbow123: 2:55am On Mar 21, 2016
1wolex85:

I do not support it if it is true that Amaechi is controlling Army officers, what is wrong is wrong but Nigeria would have been a better place if hypocrites like you you also spoke up when same happened in Ekiti where Obanikoro and Fayose were also controlling ranking officers
Zombie grade 1

1 Like

Re: APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State by BlackTechnology: 12:22am On Mar 23, 2016
kettykin:

The point I was trying to make is that with ipob director in custody and some of their members shot dead by an inept and inefficient law enforcement with little or nothing to do about it ,ipob strategy seems to have lost steam, while I am not against ipob or in support of a hypocritical and useless government at the centre which cannot even pass a simple budget and took 5 months to appoint a cabinet, I do not think that the ipob strategy of secession from nigeria will fly now.

It is just an idea that was pushed at the wrong timing and requires a restraint or re strategy to push on.

You are wrong

Those guys strategy is working

Before hanging a dog, you give it a bad name.

Nigeria is being given a bad name in order to hang her.

That's what prompted the US to send fact finding team

That's why the COAS cautioned his boys not to shoot IPOB

their plan is working out perfectly

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Visits Sterling Bank And Udenwa Grilled Over Campaign Funds / Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED / The Most Developed South East State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.