Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Web Designer Needed! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Designer Needed! (1968 Views)

A Web Designer Needed Urgently. / How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? / Web Designer Urgently Needed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Designer Needed! by Bishop7(m): 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2009
I need a creative web designer who can deliver at record time. Interested persons should send a mail to arthurobiora@yahoo.com with links to sites that THEY have built. They should also give an insite as to the extimate and cost of doing that. The cost should include domain name registration and hosting.[b][/b]
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yemo90(m): 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2009
We design High quality front-end for cms sysytems like joomla, wordpress or drupal also

code-charge dbs platforms.

We install CMS technology in the website which will enable you to easily make

modifications to the website using your web browser without any prior knowledge of HTML.

samples:
www.ascentstudiong.com
www.medivacompany.com
www.bossblossoms.com
www.inkafrica.com
www.uigeologyalumni.com

fee:
for standard designs (static 4 page website ) is N20,000 not inclusive of hosting or domain name registration
duration 3 - 5 days to completion

contact deatils:
mobile - 0802 318 0128
01 873 0175

email - info@ascentstudiong.com

Re: Web Designer Needed! by nairawebs(m): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2009
thanks for the picture
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yemo90(m): 2:26am On Aug 04, 2009
your welcome Sir, If you ever need more, just lemme know.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by clementcro(m): 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2009
yemo90,are u sure u designed that site ?send the url if u are sure
Re: Web Designer Needed! by nairawebs(m): 4:14pm On Aug 06, 2009
I think that picture up there is a Joomla template
Re: Web Designer Needed! by PHP4(m): 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2009
clementcro:

yemo90,are u sure u designed that site ?send the url if u are sure

Looks like a template to me
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yawatide(f): 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2009
Looks like a template to me

So?
Re: Web Designer Needed! by DualCore1: 7:54pm On Aug 06, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

So?
I tire o.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by remoranger(m): 10:16am On Aug 07, 2009
Dual Core:

I tire o.

yawa-ti-de:

So?

I don't know if its a template, since i don't frequent those sites, but if it is; why in the name OF ELEVEN DEVILS would you claim a house you had absolutely no frigging idea how it got built? shocked shocked
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yemo90(m): 12:42pm On Aug 08, 2009
guys kinni BIG deal.

Template or not, what im offering is my valued service. Besides, how many clients CAN afford custom-made designs
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yawatide(f): 11:06am On Aug 09, 2009
Besides, how many clients CAN afford custom-made designs

More than you think. Maybe you are sourcing for clients in the wrong places.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yemo90(m): 2:05pm On Aug 09, 2009
Maybe you are sourcing for clients in the wrong places.

more than you think is not a proper answer because you cant possibly know whot i think.
And as usual you have the wrong idea of wot a "fully custom-made design" really is if you believe its so common. Creative minds get ideas from various sources no idea is 100% original.

In other words every1 copies from someone else. Its already a recognised fact. Trust a nigerian pot to point out that his fellow kettle is black.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yawatide(f): 2:15pm On Aug 09, 2009
more than you think is not a proper answer because you cant possibly know whot i think.

I will give that to you so, though my point still stands, I will revise to, * more than you might think *

And as usual you have the wrong idea of wot a "fully custom-made design" really is if you believe its so common.

Oh, it is very common.  But since you seem to be in the know, why not enlighten us?  Also "as usual"? Since we are going into semantics and logic, this implies that I have had the wrong idea about this in the past, something I have not done.   I demand that you retract this statement, if not that you outright apologize  tongue

In other words every1 copies from someone else. Its already a recognised fact.

If that is the case (for the sake of argument), then why bring up the issue of "fully custom-made design"?  This goes back to my question, just to make sure we are on the same page, what is a "fully custom-made design"? 

"Recognised fact"?  Again, since we are dealing with semantics, please prove this with statistics.

Do tell, please.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yemo90(m): 9:43pm On Aug 09, 2009
why do you people speak without thinking first.

When I said "recognized fact", I meant that anyone who received proper training in any computer design related field learns this as the first principle. Never re-invent the wheel. Its not genius but real stupidity when you invest precious time producing something from scratch when a ready-made form is available for the asking.

I never said I made the pic. I posted the "services" I render and added the pic simply as an illustration.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yawatide(f): 10:32pm On Aug 09, 2009
When I said "recognized fact", I meant that anyone who received proper training in any computer design related field learns this as the first principle.

Maybe I am one of those who speaks without thinking first but I have received training in computer design/development and what you say was never taught what you allude to, as a first principle. Oh, sorry, I guess I didn't receive "proper training".

I still maintain that without actual numbers, that assertion is wrong.

Its not genius but real stupidity when you invest precious time producing something from scratch when a ready-made form is available for the asking.

Again, I beg to differ. Generally speaking, you have more control over what you do from scratch. I have very recent experience to back up this claim - a client, in a bid to "save" money, bought a template from template monster. This template has at least 7 nested tables and the design/layout is plain vanilla. In the end, I had to gut out a few tables, replace image rollovers with CSS and do some other stuff just to make it manageable. In the end, guess what? I still charged him as though I were coding from scratch.

Of course, it takes more time but hey, time is money. Have you ever wondered why a ferrari costs more than a benz? This principle isn't limited to web dev. Sorry once again, I guess they too didn't get "proper training".
Re: Web Designer Needed! by remoranger(m): 9:17am On Aug 10, 2009
yemo90:

Never re-invent the wheel. Its not genius but real stupidity when you invest precious time producing something from scratch when a ready-made form is available for the asking.
I never said I made the pic. I posted the "services" I render and added the pic simply as an illustration.

yemo90:

And as usual you have the wrong idea of wot a "fully custom-made design" really is if you believe its so common. Creative minds get ideas from various sources no idea is 100% original.
In other words every1 copies from someone else. Its already a recognised fact. Trust a nigerian pot to point out that his fellow kettle is black.

yemo90:

guys kinni BIG deal.
Template or not, what im offering is my valued service. Besides, how many clients CAN afford custom-made designs

The greatest genius of man,is not going to the moon or inventing the internet, but coming up with extremely brilliant rationalization to cover up extremely stupid deficiencies
Re: Web Designer Needed! by PHP4(m): 3:36pm On Aug 10, 2009
Yemo, there are enough clients who CAN afford custom designs, you just need to look in the right places. If you think a client cannot afford your fee, try and develop price packages for your services; i have tried it and it worked for me. I also try to size my prospective clients up before billing.

NO IDEA IS ORIGINAL, IT DEPENDS ON HOW YOU PRESENT YOURS.

Cheers all.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yawatide(f): 4:15pm On Aug 10, 2009
php4, well said. I guess I didn't get the "proper training" in English to be able to articulate myself better.

Thanks once again.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by allimercy: 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2009
This is really interesting. I think the final result will useful as a "decided case" in future.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yemo90(m): 9:15pm On Aug 10, 2009
The greatest genius of man,is not going to the moon or inventing the internet, but coming up with extremely brilliant rationalization to cover up extremely stupid deficiencies

You couldn't disprove my statement so instead you resorted to plain insults. Stil this takes nothing away from what I've said, my logic is sound.
I never claimed to be perfect in the first place. in fact I openly admit that im full of deficiencies as a person, really that just makes me human. The statement was not meant to cover anything up but to explain. Obviously some people don't do their homework & need to be schooled.

I still maintain that without actual numbers, that assertion is wrong.
What numbers do you want. That over two-thirds of people on this planet dangle on the verge of ignorance does not prove anything!

Have you ever wondered why a ferrari costs more than a benz? This principle isn't limited to web dev. Sorry once again, I guess they too didn't get "proper training".
being a lady I'll excuse you for saying so. Daimler AG (the company that makes Mercedes Benz) is the world's thirteenth largest car manufacturer as well as the largest truck manufacturer in the world.

in a bid to "save" money, bought a template from template monster
In my case, I only use the templates for reference in my design, I don't use the actual template itself. In most cases people want an exact copy of the template, "just change the logo to my own logo & its fine" is what they tell me. And the customer is never wrong.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yawatide(f): 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2009
What numbers do you want. That over two-thirds of people on this planet dangle on the verge of ignorance does not prove anything!

Not really but now that you bring it up, I would like the source of your latest statistic as well.

being a lady I'll excuse you for saying so. Daimler AG (the company that makes Mercedes Benz) is the world's thirteenth largest car manufacturer as well as the largest truck manufacturer in the world.

Your stats don't answer my question. Let me help if I may: Could it be because ferraris for the most part are not mass produced which implies better quality?  Also, please treat me as a human, not a man or woman.  No holds barred, no punches spared.  The battle of ideas is no respecter of persons.  I will therefore equate statement to this:
You couldn't disprove my statement so instead you resorted to plain insults.

In my case, I only use the templates for reference in my design, I don't use the actual template itself. In most cases people want an exact copy of the template, "just change the logo to my own logo & its fine" is what they tell me. And the customer is never wrong.

That is good.  I am doing that as well on my current project.  I will however beg to differ on customer never being wrong.  Again, you paint with a broad brush. I have corrected many in my career, often at the risk of losing the job but guess what? I have retained a majority of them and those who are honest will tell you that they respect what I had to say.  If I lose, I walk away.  There is always another day.  Besides, I am not a "yes man" or "code monkey".  I am a professional and one of the requirements of a professional, IMHO, is to not only tell the customer where they might be wrong but to also offer solutions.  Granted, we might agree to disagree sometimes, at least, I put my concerns on the table for C(over) Y(our) A(ss) reasons.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yemo90(m): 11:25pm On Aug 10, 2009
Your stats don't answer my question. Let me help if I may: Could it be because ferraris for the most part are not mass produced which implies better quality?
I didn't answer the question because its not really relevant to this topic.

Today Toyota is the worlds largest car maker & Daimler AG is the thirteenth largest in the world. Ferrari isn't even on the list. The founder of the company dead nearly bankrupt. Its funny you should mention it because ferraris are built by hand which in business terms isn't a good idea if you wish to compete with todays fully automated assembly plants used by BIGGER manufacturers so to even out, they try to charge more. This has nothing to do with quality. Anyone who owns a benz will laff at what you are saying. Id like to see you drive a ferrari thru lagos roads w/o breakdown. In a free economy, the more logical solution will always come out on top. Nothing can stop that from happening. Business is for profit, if you have other motives, then its just a hobby.

Also, please treat me as a human, not a man or woman. No holds barred, no punches spared. The battle of ideas is no respecter of persons.
Please there was never really any contest to begin with. Id just be seen as a bully.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yawatide(f): 3:36am On Aug 11, 2009
Please there was never really any contest to begin with. Id just be seen as a bully.

I am the boss of me. If others say you are a bully, if I don't say so, that's all that counts. I can hold my own. Again, with the broad brush painting.

I didn't answer the question because its not really relevant to this topic.

I think it is relevant as it has to be with mass production versus hand crafted. Granted, yes, Ferrari may be facing difficulties, it could be argued that it is due to a bad business model (a combination of factors). Like coke, you can survive on your brand name. Per Ferraris breaking down on Lagos roads, I would argue that any other car can also break down on Lagos roads. That shouldn't even be used as a yardstick because when Ferrari decided to make cars, chances are that they didn't have African, not to talk of Nigerian, roads so that is a non-issue really.

I have done a few sites in my career and except for the one I am currently working on, I have never used a template (not to say it is bad). I build from scratch because I like having control over what I do. Business has been fairly good so far and I predict better years ahead.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by Afam(m): 7:34am On Aug 11, 2009
yemo90:

When I said "recognized fact", I meant that anyone who received proper training in any computer design related field learns this as the first principle. Never re-invent the wheel. Its not genius but real stupidity when you invest precious time producing something from scratch when a ready-made form is available for the asking.

It is either the poster is not a programmer or that he doesn't know what he is talking about. According to him being able to use the same ready made solution for say 1000 clients makes him a genius, not so?

How can someone be talking about clients not being able to afford custom made software? It seems obvious that in this case the work he does only attract ready made template minded customers and of course you cannot charge people much when using a ready made solution initiated, designed and developed by someone else.

Do you know what programmers charge for programming? Do you know why they charge that much? Ready made solutions on their own don't make websites successful but the unique programming that goes into the solution and in almost all the cases only the original solution (read as the owner) makes all the money while the others continue to duplicate and copy the success stories.

Well, considering the fact that the poster's main website is sitting on joomla then one need not wonder why he is making all the crazy statements he's been making since he cannot even put up something for his own website without turning to joomla. Where then are the skills that he intends to use to design or develop websites for other customers?
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yemo90(m): 8:53am On Aug 11, 2009
Well, considering the fact that the poster's main website is sitting on joomla then one need not wonder why he is making all the crazy statements he's been making since he cannot even put up something for his own website without turning to joomla. Where then are the skills that he intends to use to design or develop websites for other customers?
Again with the insults. You are really just showing yourself as pathetic when you cannot really tackle the argument. Back to CSC 101 class, the work of a web Designer is totally different from that of a web Programmer.

Do you know what programmers charge for programming? Do you know why they charge that much? Ready made solutions on their own don't make websites successful but the unique programming that goes into the solution and in almost all the cases only the original solution (read as the owner) makes all the money while the others continue to duplicate and copy the success stories.
Did you invent java or are you not using some1 else ready-made programming language as a platform to work?!
Did you invent Linux OS or are you not using someone else ready-made software?
Did you invent the PC or are you not using some1 else ready-made hardware?

A terrible combination of stupidity + ignorance deprives hypocrites of the knowledge of their own guilt so they are always leading in front of the mob of stone throwers.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yemo90(m): 9:19am On Aug 11, 2009
I have done a few sites in my career and except for the one I am currently working on, I have never used a template (not to say it is bad). I build from scratch because I like having control over what I do. Business has been fairly good so far and I predict better years ahead.
In the broad sense, you cant claim to build anything from scratch. This is where my argument lies, we are all influenced everyday by things we see and hear. So in truth no idea is wholly original you can only speak of unique concepts. That you built it all by yourself will only win you praises and high scores from your lecturers but I argue that customers & their clients wont know or even care to know the difference.

While we are on this subject, I wonder if any1 of you has noticed the resemblance btw GTb logo and Orange UK logo? Its a complete rip-off, he didnt even change the font or the colors. Yet the designer is regarded as Nigeria's leading creative mind and has won several awards for it.

Let me also say again. Pls check my recent projects, I don't put up templates on my servers, I only use them for references. That is not a crime & its not even considered unethical except by hypocrites. Any1 who has any issues should call efcc and report the matter to them otherwise shut-up.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by Afam(m): 9:55am On Aug 11, 2009
yemo90:

Again with the insults. You are really just showing yourself as pathetic when you cannot really tackle the argument. Back to CSC 101 class, the work of a web Designer is totally different from that of a web Programmer.
Did you invent java or are you not using some1 else ready-made programming language as a platform to work?!
Did you invent Linux OS or are you not using someone else ready-made software?
Did you invent the PC or are you not using some1 else ready-made hardware?

A terrible combination of stupidity + ignorance deprives hypocrites of the knowledge of their own guilt so they are always leading in front of the mob of stone throwers.

On the contrary you are the stupid one here.

You claim to be a web developer yet you have an official company website with 3 links (home page, about us page and contact us page) that you cannot even arrange like a human being even though you are using a free CMS (Joomla). Shows you lack even the basic skills to use an already made solution so asking you to program anything would amount to sheer wickedness on the person asking you to do that.

It is people like you that don't know their left from their right and would be stupid enough to expose their ignorance anytime they have the opportunity to do so.

Seems you don't even know the difference between tools and solutions, mumu.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by yawatide(f): 1:26pm On Aug 11, 2009
yemo, no offense but you are a stick in the mud. Your mind is made up and is unwilling to entertain other (better) suggestions. Before I go though, I will address this:

In the broad sense, you cant claim to build anything from scratch. This is where my argument lies, we are all influenced everyday by things we see and hear. So in truth no idea is wholly original you can only speak of unique concepts. That you built it all by yourself will only win you praises and high scores from your lecturers but I argue that customers & their clients wont know or even care to know the difference.

Thanks for finally saying, "in a broad sense". One thing some of us Nigerians are bad at is making general statements then getting angry when someone calls them on it. No idea is wholly original, "in truth"? I doubt it. Maybe it applies to you, but again, until you have seen the works of everyone out there, you can't really make this assertion. I for one, code from scratch because not all my sites are the same in terms of layout.

Only lecturers will sing your praise? Again, I will assume that you aren't meeting the right clients. From my experience, clients with taste will know and care to know the difference.
Re: Web Designer Needed! by dababex: 11:36am On Aug 12, 2009
uhmmm this is really interesting
from experience as a web designer,buying a template and editing can be very annoying,because you cant even play with the designs the way you want to, so instead i decided it is better to build from the scratch,i found out later i can even build my own templates and unique ones cos no one has the designs
well check out the very few jobs i mhave done,i am still new in the industry and im scouting for more jobs, so i don't mind if i get hook ups

my company website is    www.lavida-ng.com (built from the scratch)
built the following            www.itpan.net (built from the scratch)
                                        www.imageprofilms.com (i used a template for this)
                                        www.josmart-ng.com (still working on it,but built from scratch)

i work according to the clients pocket but i have a minimum wage, you know what i mean, cant build for less than 50k for four pages
it is high time we stop pricing ourselves cheap and raise the standard high

i wish every one best of luck

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hacking Challenge Cross Site Scripting (xss) Prelab 5 || - Phynxlabs / 20 Ways To Get Quality Backlinks To Your Blog 2015 / Verify Your UK Adsense Accounts Here (Address)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.