Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Eagles Vs Pharaohs: Egypt Condemn Kaduna Pitch, Dismiss Boko Haram - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles Vs Pharaohs: Egypt Condemn Kaduna Pitch, Dismiss Boko Haram (934 Views)

Super Eagles Vs Atletico Madrid In Uyo - 2 - 3 (Full-Time) / Ganduje Attends Super Eagles Vs Kano Pillars Match, Donates To Over 1000 Clubs. / Pharaohs Of Egypt Camp In Disarray (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagles Vs Pharaohs: Egypt Condemn Kaduna Pitch, Dismiss Boko Haram by Princedapace(m): 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2016
The supervisor to the Egyptian national team Ihab Lahita is pleased that the city of Kaduna is safe for next Friday’s all important cracker between Nigeria and Egypt but has expressed his unhappiness over the state of the Ahmadu Bello Stadium pitch.

Lahita says the grass at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium is very bad and will need to be well watered before the encounter.

“In Kaduna the hotels are sub-standard and the grass also very bad but the good thing is that it is safe for football,” he told Completesportsnigeria.com after his spy mission of the state.

“No Boko Haram there.”

Lahita also revealed that AS Roma winger Mohammed Salah admits the encounter will be tough but he has promised he and his teammates will make the people of Egypt happy.

​Completesportsnigeria.com can also report that interim Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia has visited the stadium himself to see the state of the pitch ahead of the game but offered no comments when quizzed.
my own opinion:

why take such match to Kaduna na? This will not favour Egypt because they play mostly short passes on the pitch...they rely heavily on passes. Exactly what they faced during the last world cup qualifier against Ghana in Ghana some years back. I pity for them... I wanted to watch a good match but the pitch may hinder it. Wait, what about that Uyo stadium in Uyo?

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/eagles-vs-pharaohs-egypt-condemn-kaduna-pitch-dismiss-boko-haram/#ChV1y2H8qJ1iZYAw.99
Re: Eagles Vs Pharaohs: Egypt Condemn Kaduna Pitch, Dismiss Boko Haram by saintikechi(m): 11:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
We have a brand new world class stadium in uyo yet your Al majiri oga at the top prefers to play tribalism with football.

1 Like

Re: Eagles Vs Pharaohs: Egypt Condemn Kaduna Pitch, Dismiss Boko Haram by Icon4s(m): 11:08am On Mar 21, 2016
saintikechi:
We have a brand new world class stadium in uyo yet your Al majiri oga at the top prefers to play tribalism with football.

Abuja Stadium with a far better pitch is nearby and they prefer to go to Kaduna. Mtcheeew for our NFF
Re: Eagles Vs Pharaohs: Egypt Condemn Kaduna Pitch, Dismiss Boko Haram by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
Icon4s:

Abuja Stadium with a far better pitch is nearby and they prefer to go to Kaduna. Mtcheeew for our NFF

I think they chose Kaduna because of large crowd support.
The Abuja pitch is not in good condition because of our lack of maintenance culture. The kaduna pitch is okay as what we use to see in pictures is not a true reflection of what the pitch is. It may not be up to the universal standard pitch for football but it is okay.
Re: Eagles Vs Pharaohs: Egypt Condemn Kaduna Pitch, Dismiss Boko Haram by Icon4s(m): 3:11pm On Mar 21, 2016
Daninya11:

I think they chose Kaduna because of large crowd support.
The Abuja pitch is not in good condition because of our lack of maintenance culture. The kaduna pitch is okay as what we use to see in pictures is not a true reflection of what the pitch is. It may not be up to the universal standard pitch for football but it is okay.

The Abuja pitch that was jst recently renovated? I saw clips of the home based Super Eagles training on that pitch. There is nothing wrong with it.

That Kaduna pitch is not ok in anyway. Repeatedly, we will always get the report that the pitch is ok, but when you see it on TV on match day it would be a write-off. Talking abt crowd, Port -Harcourt or Uyo would have been the best choice.

Bc of that Kaduna, Siasia initially didn't want to invite our most in-form CB. Bc we are playing in Kaduna we dnt expect players like Iheanacho and Iwobi to be able to make those passes and runs they make in the EPL. Are we fixing matches to suit the team or to suit the politicians? angry
Re: Eagles Vs Pharaohs: Egypt Condemn Kaduna Pitch, Dismiss Boko Haram by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 21, 2016
Icon4s:

The Abuja pitch that was jst recently renovated? I saw clips of the home based Super Eagles training on that pitch. There is nothing wrong with it.

That Kaduna pitch is not ok in anyway. Repeatedly, we will always get the report that the pitch is ok, but when you see it on TV on match day it would be a write-off. Talking abt crowd, Port -Harcourt or Uyo would have been the best choice.

Bc of that Kaduna, Siasia initially didn't want to invite our most in-form CB. Bc we are playing in Kaduna we dnt expect players like Iheanacho and Iwobi to be able to make those passes and runs they make in the EPL. Are we fixing matches to suit the team or to suit the politicians? angry

Never knew the Abuja pitch was just renovated.

I sincerely hope we snatch the needed 3 points.

I am scared, anxious and excited. I can't wait for the kickoff of this all important tie..
Re: Eagles Vs Pharaohs: Egypt Condemn Kaduna Pitch, Dismiss Boko Haram by Icon4s(m): 3:33pm On Mar 21, 2016
Daninya11:

Never knew the Abuja pitch was just renovated.

I sincerely hope we snatch the needed 3 points.

I am scared, anxious and excited. I can't wait for the kickoff of this all important tie..

Abuja pitch renovated 2014.
Re: Eagles Vs Pharaohs: Egypt Condemn Kaduna Pitch, Dismiss Boko Haram by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 21, 2016
Icon4s:

Abuja pitch renovated 2014.
The last I saw of it was in 2013 while I was a student in unibuja.
Re: Eagles Vs Pharaohs: Egypt Condemn Kaduna Pitch, Dismiss Boko Haram by Icon4s(m): 3:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
Daninya11:

The last I saw of it was in 2013 while I was a student in unibuja.

Nigeria played Sudan there in 2014 en-route qualification to 2015 AFCON.

Look for the youtube video of the highlights of that game and assess the quality of the pitch
Re: Eagles Vs Pharaohs: Egypt Condemn Kaduna Pitch, Dismiss Boko Haram by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
Icon4s:

Nigeria played Sudan there in 2014 en-route qualification to 2015 AFCON.

Look for the youtube video of the highlights of that game and assess the quality of the pitch

I will. Tnx sir
Re: Eagles Vs Pharaohs: Egypt Condemn Kaduna Pitch, Dismiss Boko Haram by Icon4s(m): 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2016
Daninya11:

I will. Tnx sir

ok

(1) (Reply)

Funny My Football Manager '14 Played An April First Prank On Me / Finally, Chinedu Harrison Received His Guinness World Record Certificate / Dani Alves Set To Leave Barca This Summer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.