Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Stop And Search Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop And Search Police (921 Views)

Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide / "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" / Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop And Search Police by nwanjilove(m): 12:49am On Jul 23, 2009
i encountered some police men along ikeja today and they stopped me saying that they are stop and search police which i had no problem but when they said that they needed to scroll through my phone, i became annoyed and mad. please can someone tell me if this their practice is legal as they claim it to be and what can one do if he encounters this again.
Re: Stop And Search Police by mafioso(m): 12:58am On Jul 23, 2009
Do you have any Skeleton in your, ? if they want to search your phone let them search it., don't know if it's Legal though but it's Normal
Re: Stop And Search Police by puskin: 1:23am On Jul 23, 2009
Whaaaattt!!!
It is not normal nd not legal, so don't even allow it.
Re: Stop And Search Police by jumobi1(m): 1:37am On Jul 23, 2009
Doesn't sound legal but what r u going to do other than bend over and take it like a man,

I fought police when i visited Naija cos they wanted to search my luggage when i came str8 from the Airport, My uncle was shitting in his pants and begging me to stop but they let me go without paying them or anything,

(1) (Reply)

I Hope You Are All Fine / Nigeria: Ondo Civil Servants To Write Promotional Exams / Is Sanusi A Patriot Or A Hatchet Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.