Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

British Politician Raises Alarm Over Deaths Of Nigerians In UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British Politician Raises Alarm Over Deaths Of Nigerians In UK (954 Views)

Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris / Presidency Raises Alarm Over Imminent Famine In 2017.. / Saraki, Oshiomhole Raise Alarm Over Alleged Plot To Destabilise Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Politician Raises Alarm Over Deaths Of Nigerians In UK by HungerBAD: 6:11am On Mar 21, 2016
A Nigerian-British politician and activist‎, ‎Professor Alexia Thomas has raised the alarm over underreported deaths and mass burial of Nigerian and other African immigrants in the United Kingdom (UK).

In an exclusive interview with Daily Sun, Professor Alexia who is also ‎the founder and chairperson of The Commonwealth Liberation Party in the UK, as well as founder and president of Independent Diplomat Commission, many Nigerian immigrants are kept in detention centres for more than 2 years before they are deported.

About 200 Nigerians were recently deported to the country from the UK. The UK Government, following uproar from pressure groups, had cited alleged breach of immigration laws as the reason behind the mass deportation. Other Nigerians have also been deported from other countries like Italy, Liberia, among others in recent times.

‎But revealing further, Professor Alexia alleged that some of the detainees are sometimes exported to other European prisons, where they are kept for months before they are finally deported to their various countries of origin.

“Since the detention centres came on stream, so many black people have been killed. They bury them in secret graves. The Immigration officers in the UK have confirmed that 12 people have died in these detention centres.

‎”The letter from the Immigration Office in UK, affirmed that 12 people died and that letter was written in 2008. People still die in these detention centres everyday. In 2008, I set up a desk for people, especially Nigerians to know if their people are among those confirmed dead,” she said.

She also spoke on the abusive nature of the British Immigration laws. “Some of them have been there for two years. I remember in 2008, I said terrorists are not kept in detention centres for more than 28 days. So, why would they keep people who have not committed any offence for more than 2 years? The immigration law in the UK is very abusive. Whenever they are not able to deport you, they just leave you there to waste away.

“UK Immigration officers are losing it. They just kill these immigrants and hide under the story that they resisted deportation. When they kill these people, they do not tell their families that they are dead. What they do is to bury them in mass graves. These things are happening because African Governments do not care about their citizens,” she said.

Responding to claims that the UK Government exports Nigerian and other immigrants who are detainees to other European prisons, Professor Thomas said: “Yes, they do. They are able to take detainees there because if the treaty the UK has with many European countries. Many of the detainees are thereafter deported to their various countries from there.”

Lalasticlacla

http://sunnewsonline.com/nigerians-migrants-said-to-be-dying-in-uk-detention-centres-buried-in-mass-graves/

1 Like

Re: British Politician Raises Alarm Over Deaths Of Nigerians In UK by SeverusSnape(m): 6:12am On Mar 21, 2016
He's raising alarm, Which is a good thing. But who is he complaining to, Buhari??... Buhari who said "Nigerians are CRIMINALS".

Dead on arrival, Because Buhari doesn't care about Nigerians (especially southerners, They are the ones in UK mostly), He only cares about his cows, and his Fulani brothers who are killing innocent people.

^^^ No zombie can dispute this.
Re: British Politician Raises Alarm Over Deaths Of Nigerians In UK by greatbrian(m): 6:18am On Mar 21, 2016
The economy might be better some days and Nigerians won't need to seek greener pasture again

1 Like

Re: British Politician Raises Alarm Over Deaths Of Nigerians In UK by PRYCE(m): 6:21am On Mar 21, 2016
I don't believe this! This women dey find cheap attention joor!

So those killed do not have family members to raise such alarm? Activist kwa! Shikenan!
Re: British Politician Raises Alarm Over Deaths Of Nigerians In UK by KahlDrogo(m): 6:30am On Mar 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:
[s]He's raising alarm, Which is a good thing. But who is he complaining to, Buhari??... Buhari who said "Nigerians are CRIMINALS".

Dead on arrival, Because Buhari doesn't care about Nigerians (especially southerners, They are the ones in UK mostly), He only cares about his cows, and his Fulani brothers who are killing innocent people.

^^^ No zombie can dispute this. [/s]
I think only Zoofraudians from Middle East believe Buhari said "Nigerians are criminals", and we do understand why: he specifically made reference to drug pushers so the hardworking people from Zoofraud thought he was taking an indirect jab at them. cheesy

Early monday morning, hatred is already oozing from this one's mouth, nose, eyes, and ears- I just pray you make it through the week alive. grin

Good morning Nigerians!

2 Likes

Re: British Politician Raises Alarm Over Deaths Of Nigerians In UK by pendusky(m): 6:33am On Mar 21, 2016
All Nigerians seeking asylum abroad are all criminals, they need to come back and face their corruption charges .... (Our president 2016)

How do we get over this?

BTW Plssssssssssss

I need this guy

www.Nairaland.com/sagamite

acclaimed location: UK

Jarus where is your guy?
Re: British Politician Raises Alarm Over Deaths Of Nigerians In UK by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:38am On Mar 21, 2016
You don't have education or any skill to work with, then what are you going Europe for? What will you eat, drink or wear?

That's why many end up as criminals there and start embarrassing us.

The money some even use to process this travel is enough to start-up a good business in Nigeria.

Only myopic people think they can only make it abroad angry
Re: British Politician Raises Alarm Over Deaths Of Nigerians In UK by Flexherbal(m): 6:45am On Mar 21, 2016
If only our leaders could better our country!
Re: British Politician Raises Alarm Over Deaths Of Nigerians In UK by ernecy(m): 7:01am On Mar 21, 2016
KahlDrogo:
I think only Zoofraudians from Middle East believe Buhari said "Nigerians are criminals", and we do understand why: he specifically made reference to drug pushers so the hardworking people from Zoofraud thought he was taking an indirect jab at them. cheesy

Early monday morning, hatred is already oozing from this one's mouth, nose, eyes, and ears- I just pray you make it through the week alive. grin

Good morning Nigerians!

Listen to ursef, and how come u are the one interpreting what he said in the presence of world press
Re: British Politician Raises Alarm Over Deaths Of Nigerians In UK by DaBullIT(m): 7:27am On Mar 21, 2016
I think reason why they travel is for the food and weather

Dem fit make am. From. Here
Re: British Politician Raises Alarm Over Deaths Of Nigerians In UK by Tunami(m): 7:50am On Mar 21, 2016
KahlDrogo:

Good morning Nigerians!
what is this one saying?
Re: British Politician Raises Alarm Over Deaths Of Nigerians In UK by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:
He's raising alarm, Which is a good thing. But who is he complaining to, Buhari??... Buhari who said "Nigerians are CRIMINALS".

^^^ No zombie can dispute this.

so the person in the picture looks like a man to you.

if your eye sight is impaired I wonder what else has a problem functioning properly, your mind, maybe?
Re: British Politician Raises Alarm Over Deaths Of Nigerians In UK by SeverusSnape(m): 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
KahlDrogo:

Good morning Nigerians!
What are you saying??... You sound lost Mr. Drogo. Please don't end up like the real Drogo. grin

Hungry boy.
Re: British Politician Raises Alarm Over Deaths Of Nigerians In UK by SeverusSnape(m): 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
Tunami:
what is this one saying?
I no know for the hunger striken KahlDrogo grin He's just foaming in the mouth.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo: ‘I Met $3.7 Billion In Reserve, While Buhari Met $30 / Vice-president, Yemi Osinbajo's Shocking Revelation / SARAKI Must GO - Director, MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.