Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

"Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures (16138 Views)

Gov. Aregbesola's Massive Transformation Of The State Of Osun. PICS. / 33 States Can’t Pay Salaries – BudgIT / I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Remmyode(m): 6:13am On Mar 21, 2016
The Government of Osun on Sunday described as uncalled for insinuations that the state would not pay salaries of its workers in March as a result of the N6million federal allocation that accrued to it for the month of February.
The Government assured its workers that just as the Rauf Aregbesola administration had weathered the storm to pay salaries up to December, the government is executing with the support of all stakeholders, including the workers, a well-mapped out strategy for ensuring that workers are not made to pay more price for the dwindling allocation than they have done.
A statement by the Bureau of Communication and Strategy in the Office of the Governor, which was signed by its Director, Semiu Okanlawon, explained that the considerably reduced FAAC allocation is no more news to the state.
The state received less than N150 million from October till date, due the the repayment obligations for the Infrastructure Programs it has been prosecuting. In spite of the heavy obligations, Osun has paid more than N5billion in salaries between the same period.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/03/20/i-will-certainly-pay-workers-salaries-aregbesola/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Merlissa(f): 6:18am On Mar 21, 2016
If he doesn't pay..

Come to his house in Lagos and protest!!

What rubbish

**Modified**

i can't believe this clown is my state governor

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by SeverusSnape(m): 6:18am On Mar 21, 2016
Hahahaha grin

I remember when Ogbeni Aregbe said "I don't need the federal government to pay salaries", and he also said "Jonathan is the cause of what Osun is facing".

He should come and blame Jona again. Mumu man, I urge the people of Osun to reject Aregbe and his useless party, they shouldn't fall for Odourless fufu again.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by meezynetwork(m): 6:24am On Mar 21, 2016
Have osun generated 2billion per month on IGR to set a target of 5billion? Well, every state has its headache but that of osun is so obvious

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by omokab: 6:24am On Mar 21, 2016
This is a great news from the govt of Osun state. Ogbeni is trying in term infrastructural dev in Osun. With time when all the debt is settled and Igr is improve everything will work normal. Leave the people of hatred let them continue their normal way of life, they are the one that know when a state will not pay at the middle of the month.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 21, 2016
Mr Okanlawon..ya lying. Period
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by luvinhubby(m): 6:30am On Mar 21, 2016
Without doubt of course, but to who & what percentage.

Osun is a failed.

Arrant nonsense guvnor.

3 Likes

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Remmyode(m): 6:45am On Mar 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Hahahaha grin

I remember when Ogbeni Aregbe said "I don't need the federal government to pay salaries", and he also said "Jonathan is the cause of what Osun is facing".

He should come and blame Jona again. Mumu man, I urge the people of Osun to reject Aregbe and his useless party, they shouldn't fall for Odourless fufu again.

Am quite sure he won't use FG allocation to pay for March salary.....

2 Likes

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Nomzylicious(f): 6:47am On Mar 21, 2016
Lol
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by sinistermind(m): 6:50am On Mar 21, 2016
Osun State is a very lucky state o, having a tout and a comedian as a governor, which state can be this lucky.... cheesy cheesy

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 21, 2016
APC. Bunch of Ndi ara

9 Likes

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by betterABIAstate: 7:17am On Mar 21, 2016
There's nobody to tax now in osun, the state isn't industrialized nor commercialized, how does he intend getting the IGR?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by DGD1(m): 7:18am On Mar 21, 2016
more debts
postponing the evil day

I don't pity this people from Osun state in a way, they still worship and hail him.
am not inciting violence but, d civil groups and labour force should pressure him to the extent of impeachment. one thing will kill a man, in there case it's certain it's hunger.
let them die fighting for there right instead of dying with their mouth shut.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by tunwumi: 7:22am On Mar 21, 2016
We wait
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by DaBullIT(m): 7:24am On Mar 21, 2016
Some people, no matter what you show them or say to them. They just won't accept that Aregbe is working

And indeed PDP under Jonathan held osuns allocation for months,Reduced allocations even before the crash of price of crude , back then AregbeSola borrowed money and paid 13 months salary gallantly to these same workers that see him as evil

Not everybody has to understand or believe

Those of us who know, we know

Why FG reduced Osun allocation by 65% -APC
The All Progressives Congress in Osun State has accused the Federal Government of slashing allocation to the state from over N3.8 billion to less than N1.3 billion.

The Director of Publicity, Research and Strategy of the the party in the state, Mr. Kunle Oyatomi, said this in a Christmas message made available to our correspondent in Osogbo on Wednesday.

The party said that the Peoples Democratic Party-led Federal Government was deliberately punishing the state with reduced allocation because of the defeat suffered by the ruling party at the August 9 governorship poll.

The APC spokesperson urged Nigerians to vote out President Goodluck Jonathan and replace him with Gen. Muhammadu Buhari of the APC to liberate the nation from corrupt leadership.

He said, “The last federal allocation paid to the State of Osun was the least in the whole of the federation ‎ and was less than a third of what the state used to receive in the first half of 2014.

“Between June and October, this year, the federal allocation paid to Osun fell from over N3.8 billion to less than N1.3 billion. But the state’s salary profile alone is N3.6 billion every month.
How can you use 1.3 Billion that's not even constant to pay of 3.6 Billion salary monthly ?

6 Likes

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Adenle041(m): 7:34am On Mar 21, 2016
Is it logical to economist to borrow in other to fund recurrent expenditure or capital project. In the new age of public private participation. Abeg tell ogbeni to park well joor.

2 Likes

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by lilprinze: 7:39am On Mar 21, 2016
useless man from a useless party
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 21, 2016
There was a time the blame was heaped on Jonathan accusing him of deliberately withholding the state allocation in order to pave the way for a PDP administration in the state. Now that the state has gone mainstream, it is now safe to say the governor told a patent lie. I still wonder where he will get the money to pay with since he suffers from a paucity of ideas on how to increase the state IGR. I guess his best bet is to approach a bank and plunge the state into further debt. The PDP had better gird its loins as it is now time to rescue Osun state.

7 Likes

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Sunky200: 7:56am On Mar 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Hahahaha grin

you do not know the impact of Ogbeni in Osun, should Osun people make such mistake of rejecting him as you propose, that will be taking a step forward and a mile backward.

Osun used to be comfortable though indebted but has nothing to show for it. Osun people can will not only gladly explain but show you how their money is being spent.

Ogbeni may have his flaws but he has done well in his capacity

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by OlujobaSamuel: 7:58am On Mar 21, 2016
Adenle041:
Is it logical to economist to borrow in other to fund recurrent expenditure or capital project. In the new age of public private participation. Abeg tell ogbeni to park well joor.
am not so sure he wants to borrow, neither do I think the fg conditions for bailout allows for more borrowings. However, we still need to know where the fund is coming from, igr or bonanza from a cheerful giver.
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by OlujobaSamuel: 8:17am On Mar 21, 2016
bejeiodus:
There was a time the blame was heaped on Jonathan accusing him of deliberately withholding the state allocation in order to pave the way for a PDP administration in the state. Now that the state has gone mainstream, it is now safe to say the governor told a patent lie. I still wonder where he will get the money to pay with since he suffers from a paucity of ideas on how to increase the state IGR. I guess his best bet is to approach a bank and plunge the state into further debt. The PDP had better gird its loins as it is now time to rescue Osun state.
with the likes of oyin, peter and isiaka adeleke in apc, no pdp candidate is likely to win against apc in osun, pdp might probably want to go for ife man, if that should be the case, the person would either be omisore or his stooge, ffk weightless in osun politics, so consider how pdp will be able to penetrate.
Also, considering the history between the duo of Rauf and BAT, he will do all things in his power, including finance to ensure APC remains in osun.
pdp should have tried to know how he's been paying till December, probably another loan or something, it might be a way to campaign against him, but they are not interested in that, while the apc is relating to the people daily, talking to them and making them believe(rightly or wrongly), that they are the best thing in town.
No olagbaju kin in ife wants to see anything associated with omisore, same for the ige crew of ijesha.

5 Likes

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 21, 2016
Osun is not as bad as the Media People are portraying it. In fact I was amazed with the level of developments Ogbeni has brought to the State!
Osogbo was a Village before Ogbeni came to power, but Today it's close to be called a City. If he's able to complete all the Projects he embarks upon before his Tenure ends, No Candidate presented by the PDP will get more than 1000 Votes!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 21, 2016
Matters arising

1.Between 1999-2003...the then governor Bisi Akande sacked excess civil servants in the State civil service. For that , he lost his job in the 2003 election. His successor(Oyinlola) reinstated all the sacked excess workers. Now...Aregbe is finding it difficult to pay the workers salaries as a result. And he cannot sack them because....he would lose his job.

Our civil service at both federal and state level is bloated. We have to sack excess workers to reduce costs. I hate saying this...I wish there was another way...but facts is facts.

2.Aregbe also has done nothing much to increase alternative revenue streams since he took office. Many state governors won't for example provide environment for industries, raise taxes, end subsidies....so that they can earn extra money for the state.Instead...they prefer to chop and chop oil money dispensed at the Abuja money dispenser.

Our state and LG areas need to be financially independent...not Abuja dependent.

6 Likes

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Beehshorp(m): 8:46am On Mar 21, 2016
Sunky200:

you do not know the impact of Ogbeni in Osun, should Osun people make such mistake of rejecting him as you propose, that will be taking a step forward and a mile backward.
Osun used to be comfortable though indebted but has nothing to show for it. Osun people can will not only gladly explain but show you how their money is being spent.
Ogbeni may have his flaws but he has done well in his capacity

Apc e-zombies will always revere their candidates even when faced with the fact that they are underperforming.. They would always look for somewhere and something in order to defend themselves and their scamming,clueless and lying leaders...
If it were ur family dat their salaries are always been owed will u come here to defend dis man?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by HopeAlive14(m): 8:46am On Mar 21, 2016
Almighty God, please intervene in Osun State; let the state enjoy overflow of your prosperity.
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by 8kingz(m): 8:46am On Mar 21, 2016
times are tough bt tough tym don't last though,tough people do...hang in there osun people the light is at the end of the tunnel

1 Like

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by looseweight: 8:47am On Mar 21, 2016
Ok
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 21, 2016
Before nko. . . . ?
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by crownwealth: 8:47am On Mar 21, 2016
APC full of fraudulent people with criminal mind.

1 Like

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by philfrey08: 8:47am On Mar 21, 2016
"will"
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Leviseed: 8:47am On Mar 21, 2016
Hope dis man is not looking 4 another bailout from FG, or even intending to borrow more fund from any available sources. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NLC Slams TUC For Pulling Out Of Strike / Shettima Spends N10million Daily On Ramadan Food - Sahara Reporters / Uzodinma Officially Inaugurates The Emir Of Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.