Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,438 members, 7,836,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Agricultural Sector - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agricultural Sector (627 Views)

Investment Opportunity In The Agricultural Sector / China Is Investing A Massive $450bn Into Its Agricultural Sector / Agricultural Sector Plan Of President Muhamadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Agricultural Sector by kola411(m): 12:14pm On Mar 21, 2016
Agricultural sector is the only sector in which every human participates in. just like the oil and gas sector where we have the on-shore and off-shore sector, in which mega companies make billions of dollars regularly in the on-shore category and the non-mega companies also make their billions in the off-shore category. we all know you don't need to have an oil well before you can make it in the business, the same is applicable to farming, you don't also need to have a farmland before you too can make it in agriculture. lets start with the well known Dangote.(although i never made a scientific research about how he started but from what i heard from people's lip, he began by importing bags of rice in large quantities,though he had an uncle(dantata and sawoe group) who gave him #500,000 to start the business some 20yrs ago) now you get the idea. In Agricutural sector, there are the producers,_____ and the consumers. the ___ is a large untapped and necessary link in this sector. just like the tanker drivers in oil sector, when the drivers are on strike, we all know what happens. what i'm trying to point out is how significant the job is, my uncle transports banana and plantain weekly from Ekiti state to Kwara state. He buys from the farmers and go distribute to the marketers in Kwara and he makes his profit. what i love the most about it are (1) he never wakes up early to prepare to work. (2) he never get stressed out like the way government workers do (3) he doesn't even do the work, he assigns it to people (4) u can add the rest. what i want from you that is reading, is to find what agriculture product that is been needed in your city/state that not been enough and decide to be a distributor by buying from other producing state and sell to the market people at a cheap price..selling is like networking, the more cheaper your products are the higher the demand which equals to higher profit per each profit unit. comment here on what product you have to sell/buy . just like sME. THINK BIG START SMALL.

(1) (Reply)

Benson Idahosa University To Produce 800,000 Tons Of Tomatoes - AfricaNG.com / Moringa Seeds Needed / Livestock Farming And Crop Farming Which One Is More Profitable In NIG.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.