Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu (3144 Views)

Those Plotting To Kill Me - Kanu (list) / Don't Let them Kill me Kanu Begs Trump For Help / Biafra: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by Longeria(m): 3:33pm On Mar 21, 2016
Detained leader of the In­digenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) and Director of Bia­fra Radio, Dr Nnamdi Kanu, has said that state security officials told him that the courts could not save him.
Kanu said through one of his lawyers, Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor, that operatives of the Department of State Security (DSS) told him while he was in their custody that both the courts in Nigeria and the British gov­ernment cannot save him in his bid to regain his freedom.
Kanu, who is facing a six-count treason charge, asserted that he is a victim of persecution by the Feder­al Government and its agents which have continued to violate his human rights through his prolonged incar­ceration.
Through one of his lawyers, the IPOB leader expressed his readi­ness to face trial, adding that what he wants is a “fair trial and not per­secution.”
In a statement by the counsel, Mr. Ejiofor, which was made available to The AUTHORITY, Kanu said he was wrongly arrested and detained.
Kanu has already filed a suit be­fore the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Court of Justice against the violation of his rights.
In the fundamental enforcement rights suit he filed before the ECOW­AS Court, Kanu prayed for requisite redress under the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights and other International Conventions to which Nigeria is a signatory.
He said: “We were reliably in­formed by Nnamdi Kanu that his persecutors told him in the course of their interrogation that even the British government cannot secure his freedom, as the courts should go ahead and make orders they like but none would be obeyed,” Ejiofor said.
It was the submissions of his counsel that the unlawful detention of his client from October 14, 2015 till January 20, 2016, without any lawful order of the court, and in flagrant dis­obedience of orders of courts of com­petent jurisdiction, all directing for his unconstitutional release and dis­charge, amounted to a gross violation of his fundamental human rights.
Ejiofor, who chronicled all the al­leged breaches of Kanu’s fundamen­tal human rights, recounted that the Chief Magistrates’ Court in Abu­ja specified in the First Information Report originally filed against him, had discharged his client of all bogus and frivolous allegations against him but “the Department of State Securi­ty that dragged him to court refused to obey the orders of the same court”.
According to the statement: “Recall that on December 29, 2015, during the Presidential Media Chat, the President told the whole world that Nnamdi Kanu cannot be grant­ed bail, alleging that he came into the country without a valid travel­ling passport. This pronouncement was roundly condemned by both lo­cal and international commentators. His pronouncement was viewed as a clear usurpation of the functions and powers of the judiciary.
“Though very regrettable and ex­tremely unfortunate, Nnamdi Kanu was refused bail on January 29, 2016. In refusing him and other defendants bail, the court also cited the facts of his possession of dual passports as a flight risk, and as such held that he cannot be granted bail,” he said.
This position, according to Eji­ofor “was in keeping in line with the pronouncement of the President of the Federal Republic if Nigeria in his media chat on December 29, 2015. It is a case of a witch crying in the night and a baby dying in the morning.
“The same Kanu who has been announced to the whole world to have sneaked into the country with­out a valid passport, now has his two valid passports (British and Nigerian) seized by the operatives of the DSS.
“A formal application to secure the release of these two passports was made in open court by Nnamdi Kanu’s defence team in February 9, 2016, which the learned trial judge in his ruling delivered on that same day refused to grant. This is a clear indi­cation that Nnamdi Kanu came into the country with valid travelling pass­ports contrary to the erroneous views expressed at the media chat.”

The AUTHORITY recalls that Justice John Tsoho had on January 29, denied bail to Kanu and two other pro-Biafra agitators, Benjamin Madu­bugwu and David Nwawuisi, who are facing trial with him. The trio are an­swering to a six-count treason charge that was preferred against them by the federal government.
Kanu, who was hitherto the Di­rector of Radio Biafra and Television, has been in detention since October 14, 2015, when he was arrested by se­curity operatives upon his arrival to Nigeria from his base in the United Kingdom. The defendants were in the charge that was signed by the Direc­tor of Public Prosecution, DPP, Mr. Mohammed Diri, alleged to have committed treasonable felony, an of­fence punishable under Section 41(C) of the Criminal Code Act, CAP C38 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria.
FG alleged that they were the ones managing the affairs of IPOB which it described as “an unlawful society”. Specifically, Kanu was al­leged to have illegally smuggled ra­dio transmitters into Nigeria, which he used to disseminate “hate broad­casts”, encouraging the “secession of the Republic of Biafra”, from Nigeria.
However, the accused persons pleaded not guilty to the charge on January 20, even as the court or­dered their remand at Kuje Prison in Abuja.

http://www.authorityngr.com/2016/03/DSS-said-the-court-can-t-save-me--Kanu/
Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by mynd1(f): 3:37pm On Mar 21, 2016
angry
Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by Goke7: 3:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
maybe they will soon claim that the judge was kanu's classmate too. grin

15 Likes

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by kossyablaze(m): 3:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
Dss 0 vs Kanu 101

3 Likes

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by nnachukz(m): 3:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
Please leave Buhari alone. He doesn't know what traveling document means, he was just talking sh.it as usual. The aboki man go school?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by lekkie073(m): 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
dis man don suffer for .....
Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by LMFashions: 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2016
nnachukz:
Please leave Buhari alone. He doesn't know what traveling document means, he was just talking sh.it as usual. The aboki man go school?

3 Likes

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by Tallesty1(m): 4:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
Goke7:
maybe they will soon claim that the judge was kanu's classmate too. grin
He is his head master in primary schoolgringrin
Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by Aufbauh(m): 4:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
"A man should always look for what is, and not what he thinks should be" - Albert Einstein

"Those who play with the Devil's toy will be brought degrees to weird his sword "-R. Buckminster Fuller

" The Supreme act of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting "- Sun Tzu

" Politics is more dangerous than war, for in war you are only killed once "-Winston Churchill

Nnamdi how far? Even the court through Justice Tsoho said your case will be decided by the celestial order cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by SleekMallam: 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
This is the reason why the Respected freedom fighter from the creeks government Tompolo lost confidence in the courts.

8 Likes

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 21, 2016
SleekMallam:
This is the reason why the Respected freedom fighter from the creeks government Tompolo lost confidence in the courts.

Yet he stole Billions of Naira from Nimasa. Pls, define freedom fighter - Oloshii !

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by rhymaster: 4:34pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ipobists say that his arrest is part of the plan. So, why is he begging for freedom again? He wants war but does not want to die? So will fight the war?? Oh, I know the brainwashed IPOB zombies who think taking a stick to confront an armoured tank is boldness??

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by SleekMallam: 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2016
Zoharariel:

Yet he stole Billions of Naira from Nimasa. Pls, define freedom fighter - Oloshii !
Mynd44, please attend to this gentleman based on Rule 2.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by Longeria(m): 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
Aufbauh:
"A man should always look for what is, and not what he thinks should be" - Albert Einstein

"Those who play with the Devil's toy will be brought degrees to weird his sword "-R. Buckminster Fuller

" The Supreme act of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting "- Sun Tzu

" Politics is more dangerous than war, for in war you are only killed once "-Winston Churchill

Nnamdi how far cheesy

TRASH.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by matthew41(m): 5:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
O kuku paro. Aye ee ti run jege....
Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by ChristineC: 5:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
nnachukz:

1 Like

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by DaBullIT(m): 6:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
You no wan die but you wan burn Nigeria to ashes?

Werey ree oooooooo

7 Likes

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by HammerTheirPapa(f): 6:02pm On Mar 21, 2016
The Kunu-sipping presidiotic monkey from duaraland doesn't even know what a travel document is. He claimed that kanu didn't come in with the right travel passports but DSS has Kanu's British and Nigerian passports. Lord of Daura is a presidiotic baboon and a dullard of monstrous proportion. The jail at The Hague beckons on his gworo-teeth.

Even we yorubas no that there is a whole lot more intelligence in a chunk of ponmo than in the dullard's entire being. Let the sick iddiot do quick and die off so that Yemi our man can take over. grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 21, 2016
rhymaster:
Ipobists say that his arrest is part of the plan. So, why is he begging for freedom again? He wants war but does not want to die? So will fight the war?? Oh, I know the brainwashed IPOB zombies who think taking a stick to confront an armoured tank is boldness??

**** stop twisting facts. Nnamdi is not begging for freedom. If he wants freedom, all he's got to do will be just to renounce BIAFRA and voila freedom will be handed over to him on a plate of gold. What Nnamdi is trying to do by this pronouncement is kinda like trying to bias the court judgment in his favour, it is all part of the game.

And also stop consoling yourself with the lies that IPOB struggle is wounding down. We are instead becoming stronger, sooner we will resume our protests, we are only waiting for the reports of human rights violations from the Amnesty International, before we resume our protests again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by Liberty90: 6:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
I predict this case will ultimately be decided by the Supreme Court that has proven time and time not to be controlled or rubber stamped by the executive branch.
Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by agarawu23(m): 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by JuliettaBitch(f): 7:07pm On Mar 21, 2016
Our leader and mentor, one million dullards can not stop us... We are determined!

This zoo is already on the verge of collapse

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by coolitempa(f): 7:13pm On Mar 21, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:
The Kunu-sipping presidiotic monkey from duaraland doesn't even know what a travel document is. He claimed that kanu didn't come in with the right travel passport but DSS has Kanu's British and Nigerian passport. Lord of Daura is presidiotic baboon and a dullard of monstrous proportion. The jail at The Hague beckons on his gworo-teeth.

Even we yorubas no that there is a whole lot more intelligence in a chunk of ponmo than in the dullard's entire being. Let the sick iddiot do quick and die off so that Yemi our man can take over. grin grin grin grin

Who dash you Yoruba.....ipod youths up to their usual tricks... cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by coolitempa(f): 7:16pm On Mar 21, 2016
Tkester2:

Mumu, stop twisting facts. Nnamdi is not begging for freedom. If he wants freedom, all he's got to do will be just to renounce BIAFRA and voila freedom will be handed over to him on a plate of gold. What Nnamdi is trying to do by this pronouncement is kinda like trying to bias the court judgment in his favour, it is all part of the game.

And also stop consoling yourself with the lies that IPOB struggle is wounding down. We are instead becoming stronger, sooner we will resume our protests, we are only waiting for the reports of human rights violations from the Amnesty International, before we resume our protests again.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy
cheesy

I just love those protests.... grin...biko when is the next one...this ofenmanu babe wants to know.... grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by Igobang: 7:20pm On Mar 21, 2016
Animals in human form.

1 Like

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by GodpunishBuhari: 7:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
The wway God go use punish buhari even the devil go happy say God no punish am like dat.....

Asu anwuru dullard

2 Likes

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by vedaxcool(m): 7:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
Cownu must have fathered mumuness to consider for a second he is innocent when it is on record all his actions towards formenting violence in Nigeria. Only cownu and band of foolish fools would reason with their behinds.

4 Likes

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by Hyperchi(m): 7:26pm On Mar 21, 2016
D court has lost it value so me i can't trust their judmet instead i use juju.
Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:11pm On Mar 21, 2016
I don't even know why I luv d Title of diz thread cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:14pm On Mar 21, 2016
GodpunishBuhari:
The wway God go use punish buhari even the devil go happy say God no punish am like dat.....

Asu anwuru dullard
See diz ewu Gambia again.
Pained as usual grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Results So Far In Imo North Senatorial District.pdp Leading / The War Against The Niger Delta Has Been Declared / Fayose Expresses Deep Love For Aisha Buhari,dances Erotic/dirty With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.