Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,530 members, 7,826,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

APC Will Not Be Able To Keep Its 1 Million Housing Units Promise – Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Will Not Be Able To Keep Its 1 Million Housing Units Promise – Buhari (5942 Views)

Fashola Inspects 76 Housing Units In Jalingo, Taraba State / Tinubu In Borno, Commissions Schools, Hospitals & Housing Units (Photos) / "One Meal A Day": The Only Promise Buhari Has Fulfilled - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Will Not Be Able To Keep Its 1 Million Housing Units Promise – Buhari by martinsoche: 12:34pm On Mar 22, 2016
again shocked embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry whenever APC promise anything again just know that they are lying grin cheesy wink smiley angry
Re: APC Will Not Be Able To Keep Its 1 Million Housing Units Promise – Buhari by adahgold(m): 1:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
Wetin concern me I never voted for chains dey called change, I no he had nothing to offer he should keep traveling cuz that is what his supporters voted for.
Re: APC Will Not Be Able To Keep Its 1 Million Housing Units Promise – Buhari by sunsewa: 1:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
ThankGod I saw the handwriting on the wall early and I dodge my head,shame to those he scammed.

1 Like

Re: APC Will Not Be Able To Keep Its 1 Million Housing Units Promise – Buhari by Abee79(m): 1:32pm On Mar 22, 2016
kITATITA:

We are having issues in the first place because of politics. We should run the economy as business and not as political welfare. Our ethical orientation, consumption pattern and feeding bottle economics combined to put us where we are today. What the President is saying is revised growth forecast. Even Saudi revised its budget. Other economies like Venezuela, Algeria, Argentina and Brazil are also feeling the pinch.
With due respect to you, I still do not know how renaging on promises and commitments made in order to get into power equates to a revised growth forcast. They should have thought of the implications of what they were saying before spewing them out in public, only to come (after they have captured power) and deny making those promises or boldly telling us that they will not fulfil them. Nigerians are not stu'pid
Re: APC Will Not Be Able To Keep Its 1 Million Housing Units Promise – Buhari by freeze001(f): 1:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
obailala:
Once again I will clarify just in case you lads have comprehension issues, true supporters of Buhari (those who didnt do so for tribal reasons e.g. the north) know exactly why they supported him over a GEJ and it definitely wasnt for those silly campaign promises that politicians keep churning out during elections. It's a pity we still have adults like yourselves who swallow those campaign sweet talks. Just so you know, I supported Buhari even in 2011 when he was still in CPC and when those silly promises were never made, you can check my NL history and confirm that.

I supported Buhari for one and only one reason, to plug leaking holes and fight corruption; that was and is my biggest priority, not for some flimsy N5000 for jobless people or 1 million houses from Mars.

You create the impression of being enlightened enough to sift through the chaff of electoral promises and your core concern of tackling corruption. How many people in Nigeria have the benefit of such enlightenment? If those promises were not expected to be of no effect why were they made? You are very aware that the greater proportion of our population are uneducated/illiterate and are definitely swayed by these unrealistic promises as u call them. It is also clear that grassroots campaigns were centered around those promises so what n how do you expect them to react with the about-face of the government as contained in its manifesto? Do you really mean to say that of the 1.9 million plus votes credited to Kano State alone, that every one of the voters understood the lies embedded in all other promises made and cast their votes without any expectation of fulfillment of any other thing but fighting corruption?

Now the agreed effect of corruption on any society is widespread poverty, non-development, infrastructural deficit, poor health access and even more. What more noble way is there to fight corruption than a clear trace of sums recovered and their planned use to make available all those denied the citizenry from independence till date? How much has been recovered so far? Where is it? How is it being administered? How does it translate to the amenities promised in their campaigns?
Re: APC Will Not Be Able To Keep Its 1 Million Housing Units Promise – Buhari by obailala(m): 2:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
freeze001:

You create the impression of being enlightened enough to sift through the chaff of electoral promises and your core concern of tackling corruption. How many people in Nigeria have the benefit of such enlightenment? If those promises were not expected to be of no effect why were they made? You are very aware that the greater proportion of our population are uneducated/illiterate and are definitely swayed by these unrealistic promises as u call them. It is also clear that grassroots campaigns were centered around those promises so what n how do you expect them to react with the about-face of the government as contained in its manifesto? Do you really mean to say that of the 1.9 million plus votes credited to Kano State alone, that every one of the voters understood the lies embedded in all other promises made and cast their votes without any expectation of fulfillment of any other thing but fighting corruption?

Now the agreed effect of corruption on any society is widespread poverty, non-development, infrastructural deficit, poor health access and even more. What more noble way is there to fight corruption than a clear trace of sums recovered and their planned use to make available all those denied the citizenry from independence till date? How much has been recovered so far? Where is it? How is it being administered? How does it translate to the amenities promised in their campaigns?
The point I made earlier is simple, you blame APC of being insincere in their campaign promises, but the big question is, was the alternative PDP any sincere?... Remember PDP's insincerity had already been tested and engraved for 16 locust years.

The fact remains that politicians are always politicians and politicians (both PDP and APC) always make insincere and fictitious promises during campaigns. Besides APC and PDP, if you can't show me a better alternative which was 'HONEST' in the 2015 campaigns, then you have no rights to scold me for choosing the perceived lesser evil between 2 dubious groups.
Re: APC Will Not Be Able To Keep Its 1 Million Housing Units Promise – Buhari by kossyablaze(m): 5:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
obailala:
Lol... when they lack intellectual arguments, they desperately hang on to straws for survival. FYI, the 'W' key sits just next to the 'E' key on the qwerty keyboard; there is something called 'typo.' smiley
By the way, a promise that cant be kept and was not denied is called a broken promise, not a lie.
keep deceiving urself cuz of political affiliations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Cuts Off Thumb Used In Voting For President Buhari (photo) / Biafra Slippers Trending On Social Media - Thousands Sold Out In 24 Hrs / BREAKING: APC Changes It's NEXT LEVEL Logo (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.