Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,801 members, 7,851,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:49 AM

Ex-Gov. Gbenga Daniel On Life @ 60:"I'm Tired Of Fighting Anybody Over Politics" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Gov. Gbenga Daniel On Life @ 60:"I'm Tired Of Fighting Anybody Over Politics" (664 Views)

Fayose, Femi Fani-Kayode, Mimiko, Gbenga Daniel, Ooni At Yoruba Summit In Ibadan / Gbenga Daniel Playing Piano In Church (Photo) / Fani-Kayode & His Wife Receive Gbenga Daniel In Their Home (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-Gov. Gbenga Daniel On Life @ 60:"I'm Tired Of Fighting Anybody Over Politics" by TheophilusA: 6:02am On Mar 22, 2016
By JUMI RHODES

Come Sunday, 10th April 2016, former Ogun State governor Otunba Gbenga Daniel will turn 60. OGD as he is popularly called by political associates will be throwing a big party at the Grand Ball Room of Oriental Hotel, Lekki in Lagos on that Sunday. What has changed about Otunba Gbenga Daniel, he was asked in a recent interview ahead of his 60th birthday. OGD said,"A lot. Age has mellowed me. At 60 I have now joined the Elders Club and I am tired of fighting. I have given up on fighting anybody.The battle is over.I have forgiven all those who offended me. I have also begged all those I have offended.

"Politics is not a do-or-die affair. I have had my own fair share of service to the people. I have been governor of a state for 8 years. My predecessor has come to build on the foundation we laid. We knew what Ogun State was like when we came in and how we left it. I must give thanks to God. A few years ago, we lost so many people at age 40. Aboderin died. We have had quite a number of people who didn’t live up to 60. But these days some make it up to 70 and they are still looking strong. I saw Chief Ayo Adebanjo the other day, waxing strong on TV. This is a man who is close to 90 for God sake. I think we must give thanks to God for His mercies. For me, I was shocked. I didn’t know I was just going to be 60. Just like that, here I am. It is just beginning to occur to me that maybe I am now an elder. I am joining the club of the elders.”

http://dawntodusknews.com/ex-ogun-gov-gbenga-daniel-on-life-at-60-i-am-tired-of-fighting-anybody-over-politics/

1 Like

Re: Ex-Gov. Gbenga Daniel On Life @ 60:"I'm Tired Of Fighting Anybody Over Politics" by TheophilusA: 6:03am On Mar 22, 2016
Re: Ex-Gov. Gbenga Daniel On Life @ 60:"I'm Tired Of Fighting Anybody Over Politics" by funlord(m): 6:21am On Mar 22, 2016
undecided

Expired politician waxes lyrical about his frustrations!
Re: Ex-Gov. Gbenga Daniel On Life @ 60:"I'm Tired Of Fighting Anybody Over Politics" by madridguy(m): 6:21am On Mar 22, 2016
Ok
Re: Ex-Gov. Gbenga Daniel On Life @ 60:"I'm Tired Of Fighting Anybody Over Politics" by tyson99(m): 6:55am On Mar 22, 2016
ok

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS:Tragedy Averted As Conoil Tanker Carrying Loaded Petrol Tumbles In Akure / Wikipedia. Nuclear Energy To Begin In Nigeria / Ways To Solve Nigeria's Perennial Power Generation Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.