Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,156 members, 7,821,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag (12983 Views)

You Can Now Add Hashtag And Profile Links To Your Instagram Bios / Hashtag: Nigeriavskenya: Trending On Twitter / My Infinix Hot 4 X557 Finally Arrived From Konga, so feel free to ask anything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Ada9103(f): 6:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
MCMXCVIII:
Nairaland Association of Space Bookers(NASB) new members are welcome

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Estellar: 6:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
!!!
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Ifebazz(m): 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
Same effect as rebroadcasting unconfirmed broadcasts.
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by AlphaLady(f): 6:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
Very true!!!
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Olasco93: 6:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
Can someone explain to me what does the Hashtag represent on tweeter?
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by tatucci: 7:00pm On Mar 22, 2016
this shouldnt just end with hashtags but with posts in general. before u share anything or rebroadcast any message, u need to ask ursef all these questions and more. people cos deaths because of wrong things they share and broadcast without knowing..
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by danites3: 7:32pm On Mar 22, 2016
Thé average Nigérian does not know what it means to live rules that is why wé have the highest number of persons in prisons all over thé world.. Hé is self-centered. He/she has problem of conscience hence he can say or do anything against anybody provided it makes him happy regardless of how it affects somebody else. Thé only thing that matters to him is his own happiness even at the détriment of somebody else's name and life . Thé average Nigérian glories in negativities. If the news is something positive about à person or thé govt hé either avoids it as if it doesn't exist atall or even disputes it with all his strenght but if its négative hé promotes it without confirmation... Many Nigérians suffer from pull him down syndrome (Phd). Wé are architechs of our own problem as a nation. Wé are naturally abusers of privilèges. In a nut-shell, wé don't have what it takes to ask the kind of questions you are talking about.
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by daphid25(m): 7:34pm On Mar 22, 2016
That's if you have a large amount of followers.
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by saintandsinnerz: 7:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

Every Nigerian with an access to the internet now feels obliged to jump into every discussion on social media. They wake up, search twitter and jump on any trendy topic with an I TOO KNOW mentality. Before you do such, ask yourself these questions:

1. Hope it's not a propaganda hashtag on a smear campaign

2. Must I tweet on it?

3. Hope my tweet won't be judgemental

4. Have I heard the other side of the story?

5. Do I have all facts concerning the issue?

6. Hope my tweet won't give those involved a bad reputation in public

7. Am I an expert on such issues?

8. What if I later realise the trendy hashtag was all a smear campaign, will I retract my tweet or apologise?

9. Is there a likelihood that my tweet might put me in trouble?

10. Hope my contribution won't be based on sentiments and emotion.

You are the worst person to be saying this! Do you know why? Because you are an unrepentant tribal bigot filled with hate and bitterness! Why have you failed to ask yourself the same questions any time anti-Igbo thread hits the front page? Bloody hypocrite! tongue tongue
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
saintandsinnerz:

You are the worst person to be saying this! Do you know why? Because you are an unrepentant tribal bigot filled with hate and bitterness! Why have you failed to ask yourself the same questions any time anti-Igbo thread hits the front page? Bloody hypocrite! tongue tongue
you mistake me for someone else. Perhaps, you thought my Anti-IPOB stance equates to my leanings towards igbos.

am not anti-igbo but anti-ipob.
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Codes151(m): 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

Every Nigerian with an access to the internet now feels obliged to jump into every discussion on social media. They wake up, search twitter and jump on any trendy topic with an I TOO KNOW mentality. Before you do such, ask yourself these questions:

1. Hope it's not a propaganda hashtag on a smear campaign

2. Must I tweet on it?

3. Hope my tweet won't be judgemental

4. Have I heard the other side of the story?

5. Do I have all facts concerning the issue?

6. Hope my tweet won't give those involved a bad reputation in public

7. Am I an expert on such issues?

8. What if I later realise the trendy hashtag was all a smear campaign, will I retract my tweet or apologise?

9. Is there a likelihood that my tweet might put me in trouble?

10. Hope my contribution won't be based on sentiments and emotion.

You never can tell, a person who an hashtag is created against might actually be innocent of the said accusations. An example is the #OshifalaSaga where many twitter users lambasted and judged Mr Oshifala guilty even to the extent of making up cases of ghost students who also were victims of his alleged pedophilia act. To our greatest surprise, the students of the school and their heads of departments all thronged the streets with placards all calling for their favourite teacher's vindication. They say they don't think such happened nor even know who the victim is.

Hashtags such as #DasukiGate, #TyrantBuhari, #BukolaGate etc might just be on a campaign of calumny. We never can tell until a competent court of law pronounces a judgement on the figures involved.

Written by Adewole Segun

www.lifestyletonight..co.ke/2016/03/10-questions-to-ask-yourself-before.html?m=1

#LoveTwitter since it was twitters bday that became a trend. So necessary like trend where pl voice their diff views! Therefore, u don't really need to pass 10 questions before u hashtag!
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by saintandsinnerz: 8:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
you mistake me for someone else. Perhaps, you thought my Anti-IPOB stance equates to my leanings towards igbos.

am not anti-igbo but anti-ipob.
Oh, shut up Mr. man! Your posts in Nairaland is filled with tribal slurs against the Igbos. Who made this comment:
bloodyBLOGGER:
these fools never learn.

Their case has gone from use and dump to re-use and dump again.

why am I even surprised? Was this not how they adopted ffk and kemi olunloyo as their children just cos they once claim they have realised their error in insulting ibos?

bottom line: insult the ibos...tender a shady apology and they'll accept you back.

repeat the process again and get the same result. grin
By the way, stop hiding under IPOP when you want to insult the Igbos. Your comments in Nairaland is laced anti -Igbo slurs! You own a blog and you want people to visit your blog when you're full of hatred and bitterness. Mr. with the way you are going, nobody will like to associate with you
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
saintandsinnerz:

Oh, shut up Mr. man! Your posts in Nairaland is filled with tribal slurs against the Igbos. Who made this comment:

By the way, stop hiding under IPOP when you want to insult the Igbos. Your comments in Nairaland is laced anti -Igbo slurs! You own a blog and you want people to visit your blog when you're full of hatred and bitterness. Mr. with the way you are going, nobody will like to associate with you
you are very silly.

I stated a plain fact and all you can do is turn around to label it tribalism?

is it a lie that ffk and kemi olunloyo are playing you guys?

is it a lie that kemi has dumped you guys?

pls, reason well and see that my comment is not against your tribe but against the gullible ones who have made themselves ipob.

no one is begging you to visit that blog. O can bet it that if that blog's owner becomes pro-biafran, you lots will become regular readers of its contents cos everyone now knows that the best way to have the igbos on your side is to make them feel you support biafra. Is that not the tactics GEJ used?

Abeg free me
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
Olasco93:
Can someone explain to me what does the Hashtag represent on tweeter?
an hashtag is symbolized as #

on twitter, you may find it alongside words e.g #DasukiGate

if you include #DasukiGate in any of your tweets, such tweet will appear alongside tweets from other people who also carry the hashtag. The hashtag is also used to monitor discussions concerning the topic dasukigate.
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by MyMentor: 10:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dat twitter of a tin tire me self.
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by enlightenedmind: 11:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
saintandsinnerz:

That's the point. It has been happening for years to every politician around the world. They have been smeared by the media in various ways.
Children, adults, teachers, everyone has been enduring for decades. That is no excuse to take away people's fundamental human rights. Politicians have been demonised and insulted online over the years good or bad. They have been dealing with it. It's not new. Nigerian politicians are not the first. Deal with it. Digitisation is just now being properly introduced in Africa and Nigerian leaders are just beginning to understand what it actually means to hold a political position. THAT YOU WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO. Deal with it.

People in a civil society are free to say what they want, criticise whoever and whatever they feel is not right, whether it true or not (does not matter) provided violence is not applied. It has been happening for decades all over the world it is not new. It is called the media. Deal with it.
Putting any restrictions on the freedom of speech in a society will drive investors away, and eventually drive your youth away towards where they are free to be human beings.

So essentially what the senators are saying is this, that they want a platform to be corrupt and no one should say anything about it.
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by ClintonDal(m): 12:44am On Mar 23, 2016
The problem with people recently is that everyone seems to have an opinion on every topic or discussion even when they don't know jack. We all just want to sound smart when actually we don't know anything. Someone puts up a picture and you go on to comment that he/she should stop bleaching it doesn't fit them, Aunty is it your bleaching?
Always quick to judge without providing solutions to the problem. An intelligent man is not someone who knows everything about something but rather knows something about everything.

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by saintandsinnerz: 1:55am On Mar 23, 2016
enlightenedmind:

That's the point. It has been happening for years to every politician around the world. They have been smeared by the media in various ways.
Children, adults, teachers, everyone has been enduring for decades. That is no excuse to take away people's fundamental human rights. Politicians have been demonised and insulted online over the years good or bad. They have been dealing with it. It's not new. Nigerian politicians are not the first. Deal with it. Digitisation is just now being properly introduced in Africa and Nigerian leaders are just beginning to understand what it actually means to hold a political position. THAT YOU WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO. Deal with it.

People in a civil society are free to say what they want, criticise whoever and whatever they feel is not right, whether it true or not (does not matter) provided violence is not applied. It has been happening for decades all over the world it is not new. It is called the media. Deal with it.
Putting any restrictions on the freedom of speech in a society will drive investors away, and eventually drive your youth away towards where they are free to be human beings.

So essentially what the senators are saying is this, that they want a platform to be corrupt and no one should say anything about it.
Dude you quoted the wrong person
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Olasco93: 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
an hashtag is symbolized as #

on twitter, you may find it alongside words e.g #DasukiGate

if you include #DasukiGate in any of your tweets, such tweet will appear alongside tweets from other people who also carry the hashtag. The hashtag is also used to monitor discussions concerning the topic dasukigate.
Thanks you very much for the explanation.
I now understand!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The First App You Use After Waking Up ? / I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? / Infinix Rewards Winner Of Mega Jackpot Promo With Brand New Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.