Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. (1163 Views)

Judge Withdraws From Fani-kayode’s N4.9bn Fraud Case / N300million Goes Missing From Saraki's Bedroom - Sahara Reporter / Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. by PhockPhockMan: 2:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
Justice Abdul Kafarati of the federal high court, Abuja, has withdrawn from a fundamental rights suit filed by Senate President Bukola Saraki to quash the charges of false declaration of assets brought against him by the federal government at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

Kafarati explained that his integrity had been called into question in the matter, hence he would disqualify himself from it.

Having read a report of an online medium accusing him of corruption to the tune N2bn, he said that if he ruled against or for Saraki his decision would be interpreted differently.

“It is only in this country that people can wake up and start calling people names,” he said.

“In the circumstance, I disqualify myself from this case. I will hereby send the case file to the chief judge for re-assignment to another judge.”

In February, after the judgment of the supreme court dismissing Saraki’s appeal to stop his trial, his lawyer Ajibola Oloyede filed the lawsuit asking the federal high court to stop his trial and to disqualify the chairman of the CCT, who is presiding over the trial.

The senate president couched his prayers in the violation of his rights to fair hearing by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB), which he said did not invite him for explanation before it filed charges against him at the CCT.

Kafarati had fixed Tuesday for judgment on the case, but instead of delivering the judgment, he announced his withdrawal from the case.

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-judge-withdraws-sarakis-suit
Re: BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. by blackb2(m): 2:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
Some people just have the backing of the gods undecided

#TheGodsMustBeCrazy!! shocked

Re: BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. by PhockPhockMan: 2:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
Hmmmm.
Re: BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. by ndaman25: 2:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
beautiful development
Re: BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. by PhockPhockMan: 2:38pm On Mar 22, 2016

“In the circumstance, I disqualify myself from this case. I will hereby send the case file to the chief judge for re-assignment to another judge.”

Re: BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. by PhockPhockMan: 2:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
ndaman25:
beautiful development
Ok o o.

Lalasticlala, obinoscopy
Re: BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. by rusher14: 2:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
This would further delay the case but I fear Saraki would still suffer the consequences of his action.
Re: BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. by helpee(m): 2:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
sahara reporters need to be cautioned. The judge should them for defamation of character. one day, they set this country on fire if they are not reprimanded
Re: BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. by PhockPhockMan: 2:45pm On Mar 22, 2016
Saraki is arm twisting the system to his favour.

At the end, justice will prevail.
Re: BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. by MrcuteOscar: 2:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
Should I call that fear?
Re: BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. by joshing(m): 2:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
d man no corrupt & him no wan judge corruptly
Re: BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. by jojomario(m): 2:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
Everyman for himself
Re: BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
SARAKI is a god grin
Re: BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. by rusher14: 2:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
helpee:
sahara reporters need to be cautioned. The judge should them for defamation of character. one day, they set this country on fire if they are not reprimanded

Does the man have 2 billion naira or not?
Re: BREAKING: Judge Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial. by Mynd44: 2:53pm On Mar 22, 2016

(1)

INEC Declares Ife Central State Constituency Election Inconclusive / Nigeria Signs $23 Billion Deal With China To Build Three Refineries! / China Deals To Nigeria, What Is In It For China??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.