Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,314 members, 7,836,362 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Evangelizing The Evangelist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evangelizing The Evangelist (572 Views)

Illuminati Killed Ebony Reigns - Evangelist Emmanuel Addai Reveals (video) / My Reply To: 5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / 5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Evangelizing The Evangelist by williamsofficial(m): 10:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
Evangelising the evangelist

It was really a very funny situation my memorable trip from Ikeja to Mile 2 on public transport. I will try as much as possible to make the story very short perhaps i fail in achieving that, please read it to the end....

I had just finished a business meeting with a client and trust me used the slightest opportunity to market the best product (Jesus)

I decided to take a bus home since i wasn't in a hurry. It wasn't up to 5mins the bus took off, a well dressed gentleman, probably within 35-45 years stood up and said praise the Lord... The response he got would make a new pastor doubt his calling.... Lol
I didn't even respond because the praise the Lord came unexpectedly...

The man introduced himself as evangelist xyz and went on to "preach" you noticed i used the quotation mark for the word Preach...?

After like 30minutes of sharing all the notable miracles of Jesus he went to his second gospel which to me was the first for him you will find out why i said so soon.

He shared tracts and encouraged everyone to support the gospel either by preaching it or supporting the preachers. He went on to tell the passengers how much he spends daily entering buses and sharing the gospel i was really touched by that line. Sincerely i was touched to the point that i said to myself i will surprise this man... I was discussing with my spirit man trying to convince him to allow us give the man 10k at least that will go a long way in helping his evangelism and support his family but i decided i will give him the money when we get down to our destination and also encourage him with words.

The evangelist continued preaching his second sermon (support the preacher) but the passengers were more interested in reminding the conductor of their change and the bus-stop they are alligting. The sad news was that despite all the preaching... From pleadings.... ( Pls support the preacher to continue spreading the gospel ) to Threat's (some of you will be complaining that things are tight but you are the cause of your problems... When you tight your hands things will be tight ) at this point i was already feeling bad and sad for this evangelist... His eyes were almost red... I felt enamorse pity for him. I was still wondering why nobody in the whole bus gave this evangelist money then i remembered that the economic state of the nation is not smilling....

I was still in my small wonderland when i noticed a man leaned towards the evangelist and was speaking in a low voice to him. I was happy within me, finally God has touched someone heart to support the evangelist...

The conversation between the evangelist and the co passenger was taking time so i decided to switch on my ear wifi so i could hear what they were discussing...

Hmmmmmmmm
Thier conversation is the reason am writing this....

This is the dialogue between them
(From where i started listening)

Passenger: Just go home and study this pamphlet very well then call this number... The one written with pen

Evangelist: thank you my brother i will call

Passenger: i have only been with this company marketing their products... My brother i must tell you the truth e pay me well

Evangelist: like how much you dey make per month

Passenger: its not salary based and that is one thing i like about the company... You just register with small money, some products will be given to you and all you need to do is refer people to register.... All the information is on that paper. You can make as much as you want depending on your networking strength

(It was just then i understand the business was Trevo or is it GNLD am not too sure but its either of the two)

Evangelist: so like how much do i need to start with and is it possible they give me to sell and pay back later. My brother i dey suffer no be small. This evangelizing thing is not easy sebi u can bear me witness now. Sometimes i fit stay for 2days no support .....

.. Conversation continued

At this juncture i disconnected my wifi.....

Very displeased in my heart.

So the evangelist has been evangelised...

Many questions was going on in my mind ...

This evangelist is he truely an evangelist or its just a means of survival?

Was he even called?

If yes what happened to his call and convictions?

Is frustration a sign of God's call?

I have seen many pastors and evangelist who ceases every oppurtnity to tell you of how God frustrated all thier businesses until they answered the call.....

Some will say they travelled out and was deported.... My dear if you were deported please check with the immigration and find out why you were deported God is not an immigration officer... If you failed in business severally my dear alot of things could be responsible.... Have you considered reading books on business managenent and prudence?

(Jonah is always an escape example they usually give... I usually smile because the story of Jonah is beyond evangelism)

God is not a frustrationist lol

Nothing is wrong with doing a circular job and also doing the kingdom business.... Paul the apostle was a Tent maker... Peter was a respected Fisherman... But priority is the key... Noticed how Apostle Paul introduces himself.... I, an apostle of our Lord Jesus Christ..... I make tents...

To my fellow young ministers.... Whatsoever your hand findeth to do... Do it with all your might.

All the 12 deciples of Christ were all busy with something before Jesus called them.... Lets get busy productively.

We sing the praises of great men of God today like Bishop Oyedepo.. Daddy Adeboye etc. We celebrate their glory without learning from. thier story...

#preach the gospel

I stopp here for today
My hand don dey pain me... Lol

This should be my longest write-up this year...
God bless u
Re: Evangelizing The Evangelist by Joagbaje(m): 10:55pm On Mar 22, 2016
Nothing is wrong supporting bus evangelists especially one who has a message . I did support them in my days of jumping buses . The principle was we are all supposed to do this and if I'm found wanting not preaching at least I should support those who devote their lives to it. But sad to say that it is been abused today . But tha still doesn't take away the reality of genuine ministers

1 Like

Re: Evangelizing The Evangelist by williamsofficial(m): 11:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
Joagbaje:

Nothing is wrong supporting bus evangelists especially one who has a message . I did support them in my days of jumping buses . The principle was we are all supposed to do this and if I'm found wanting not preaching at least I should support those who devote their lives to it. But sad to say that it is been abused today . But tha still doesn't take away the reality of genuine ministers

You are right my brother... That an egg is bad doesn't make all eggs bad... Their are still some genuine evangelists. Thanks for sharing your thought

(1) (Reply)

Knowing God Through Jesus / Does God Really Visit Us With Misfortunes Because Of The Sin We Committed? / Free Ebook. You Might Not Need It But, Someone Does BADLY!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.