Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,188 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide (6558 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match / Pre-Season: Manchester City Vs Arsenal (2 - 0 ) On 27th July 2012 / Pre - Season; Chelsea Fc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by Phony200(m): 11:14pm On Aug 01, 2009
You're welcome smiley

Benfica 4 - 0 Portsmouth
Sheffield Wed 2 - 2 Blackburn
Norwich 3 - 2 Wigan
West Brom 0 - 0 Chievo
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by Shaunscot(m): 1:56am On Aug 02, 2009
No mate.I actually meant the club youth tournament with Valencia,Genoa,Supersport and Team Lagos.
Found time to visit Teslim Balogun stadium today and I was told it had been postponed.
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by Phony200(m): 4:13am On Aug 02, 2009
Dumbasses. That's how they'll postpone until they'll end up forgetting about it. I miss the days of the Shell Cup, Governor's Cup. Principal's cup and the likes with the usual ruckus, overaged players, accusations of mercs and counter-accusations grin grin grin
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by Phony200(m): 4:58am On Aug 02, 2009
Latest score
Barcelona 1 - 1 La Galaxy.
Wonderful wonderful freekick equaliser by Beckham. Halftime now.
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by Phony200(m): 6:03am On Aug 02, 2009
Final score
Barcelona 2 - 1 La Galaxy.
The fans' booing of Beckham stopped after he scored.
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by Phony200(m): 6:20am On Aug 02, 2009
Today's games
Emirate Cup
Arsenal vs Rangers
PSG vs Atletico Madrid

Peace Cup Andalucia
Juventus vs Aston Villa
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by FBS: 1:18pm On Aug 02, 2009
Beckham is beast. . . he still got it.
LA Galaxy 1-2 Barcelona

[flash=400,328]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G5xribspRQ[/flash]
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by chrisical(m): 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2009
Becks still bends it
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by Phony200(m): 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2009
And Valdes still watches balls fly past him helplessly.
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by FBS: 6:46am On Aug 03, 2009
Aston Villa 0-0 Juventus (4-3 After Penalties): Villans Make Bianconeri Pay The Penalty To Win Peace Cup 2009

Aston Villa were energetic and Juventus will rue missing a whole host of chances in regulation time, as the English side managed to win the Peace Cup 2009 edition in a penalty shoot-out.

Winger Ashley Young had the first good opportunity of the match, cutting inside past Jonathan Zebina, but his powerful effort was straight at Gianluigi Buffon.
http://goal.com/en/news/2200/peace-cup-2009/2009/08/02/1418473/aston-villa-0-0-juventus-4-3-after-penalties-villans-make
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by FBS: 6:53am On Aug 03, 2009
Espanyol’s Luis Garcia Elated After Scoring First Cornelia-El Prat Goal Against Liverpool

Espanyol opened their new Estadi Cornelia-El Prat in style after cruising to a convincing 3-0 win over Liverpool in a pre-season friendly.

Luis Garcia had the honour of becoming the first player to score on the new ground when he netted in the 19th minute and the forward was lost for words when asked to describe his feelings after the game.

“It’s very difficult to describe what I felt and what was going through my head at that time. It is impossible,” he told EFE.

“I am happy to become part of the history of a club that have given me everything. I am very proud of what I’ve achieved today,” he added.

http://goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/08/03/1418674/espanyols-luis-garcia-elated-after-scoring-first-cornelia-el
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by dayokanu(m): 7:24am On Aug 03, 2009
Liverpool EPL second placed team whooped by a midtable La Liga team?

I thought EPL was the best league in the world
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by ayusman16(m): 1:58pm On Aug 03, 2009
Thought pre-seasons games are meant to shape up a team? Must they win everytime when it doesnt count?
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by MrCrackles(m): 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2009
dayokanu:

Dayo ranting again like a bleeding lunatic shocked grin
Anyway preseason games are not all about what you are thinking
Grow up or wither away! grin
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by dayokanu(m): 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2009
And must they lose by 3-0 Mrcrackhead?
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by Phony200(m): 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2009
What profiteth a team to batter pre-season minnows 11 nil and finish 11th in the real season? Ask tottenham when they were feeling cool bashing Roma. Pre-season counts for nothing if you don't translate that success to the real season. Dike, go suck a thumb or get a pacifier.
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by Phony200(m): 2:58pm On Aug 03, 2009
What profiteth a team to batter pre-season minnows 11 nil and finish 11th in the real season? Ask tottenham when they were feeling cool bashing Roma. Pre-season counts for nothing if you don't translate that success to the real season. Dike, go suck a thumb or get a pacifier.
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by FBS: 7:14am On Aug 04, 2009
HOT PRE_SEASON. . .hehehe

[center]U-19 FREE-FOR-ALL . . . Chaos in Wuhan[/center]

The Asian Women's U-19 Championship witnessed shocking scenes in Wuhan as the Australia team were pelted with bottles by a highly-charged crowd following a mass brawl at the end of China's match against the Young Matildas.

China won the Group B encounter 2-1 to secure a place in the semi-finals of the competition but had their backs to the wall as the Australians pushed for an equaliser.

Australia were also denied a penalty when Kyah Simon was brought down two yards inside the area and a free-kick outside was awarded.

To compound their frustration, centre-back Jessica Seaman was sent off on the stroke of full-time.

However following the final whistle, an Australia player fell to the ground while remonstrating with the Chinese, prompting captain Tameka Butt to charge across the pitch and grab the perceived offender.

That sparked a mass brawl as both sets of players and backroom staff charged onto the pitch, with punches thrown.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=664965&sec=global&cc=5739

Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by MrCrackles(m): 9:24am On Aug 04, 2009
Chick fight shocked grin
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by FBS: 9:43am On Aug 04, 2009
MrCrackles:

Chick fight shocked grin
more of a "she" dog fight. very fierce. grin
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by FBS: 7:16am On Aug 05, 2009
Fixtures for Today: 5th August 2009.

Barcelona - Seattle Sounders F.C. 10:30 (EET)
Lyn - Liverpool - - - 18:00  (GMT)
Man Utd. - Valencia - - -19:00 (GMT)   
Napoli - Espanyol - - -21:00 (CET)

http://goal.com/en/scores/result-standings/105/club-friendlies
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by MrCrackles(m): 9:09am On Aug 05, 2009
FBS:

Lyn - Liverpool - - - 18:00 (GMT)

I see Liverpool losing again. . . . . They have had a dreadful preseason so far! shocked grin
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by allboyz(m): 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2009
dayokanu:

stop thinking!. . . .its a fact!
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by MrCrackles(m): 2:27pm On Aug 05, 2009
dayokanu:

You are a goat! grin
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by FBS: 7:10am On Aug 06, 2009
Results:

Barcelona 4 - 0 Seattle Sounders F.C. 
Lyn 0 - 2 Liverpool 
Napoli 0- 0 Espanyol
Man Utd. 2 - 0 Valencia

http://goal.com/en/scores/result-standings/105/club-friendlies
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by ogazi007(m): 10:17am On Aug 06, 2009
Barca we are back agian!our youth players are on fire.
i dont knw why we should be bothering ourselves breaking banks some overrated palyers.
our young promising lads gladden my heart alot and very soon we would be deploying new messi(pedro),xavi(dos santos)Henry(jeffren)puyol(muniesa) to the entire footie world.we rule the world with our philosophy of grooming young talent and graduating them to the senior team.we make stars and others buy them.
barca for 5trophies,
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by FBS: 7:21am On Aug 07, 2009
This weekend is actioned packed starting from today

Friday, 07-Aug-09.
Stoke vs Valladolid (19:00 BST)
Villareal vs Juventus (19:45 BST)
Everton vs Malaga (20:00 BST)

Saturday 08-Aug-09
Toronto FC vs Real Madrid (00:30 BST)
Dundee U vs Blackburn (12:00 BST)
St Johnstone vs Burnley (14:00 BST)
Liverpool FC vs Atletico Madrid (15:00 BST)
Birmingham vs Gijon (15:00 BST)
Aston Villa vs Fiorentina (15:00 BST)
Hearts vs Sunderland (15:00 BST)
Bolton vs Hibernian (15:00 BST)
Manchester City vs Celtic (15:00 BST)
Portsmouth vs Rangers (15:00 BST)
Wigan vs St. Mirren (15:00 BST)
West Ham vs SSC Napoli (15:00 BST)
Benfica vs A.C. Millan (19:45 BST)
Valencia vs Arsenal (20:30 BST)

Also, do not forget clashes between Inter vs Lazio at the iconic Bird nest in Beijing China. (14:00 CET)

-------------
Sunday: 09-Aug-09
CD Guadalajara v Barcelona (04:00 BST)
Tottenham vs Olympiakos (15:00 BST)
Hull City vs Aberdeen (15:00 BST)
DC United bs Real Madrid (20:00 BST)

http://www.oleole.com/football-results/clubfriendlies/2009/08/08/lsl0meb5s.asp

And certainly

Chelsea vs Manchester United Community Shield clash. (15:00 UK Time)

http://www.wembleystadium.com/events/majorevents/communityshield
Re: Pre-season Friendly Tournament Guide by FBS: 9:48am On Aug 10, 2009
Results:

Villarreal 4 - 1 Juventus
Benfica 1 - 1 Milan
West Ham 0  - 1 Napoli
Guadalajara[b] 1 - 1[/b] Barcelona
St Mirren 1 - 3 Wigan Athletic
Man City 2 - 1  Celtic
Aston Villa 1 - 0 Fiorentina 
Liverpool[b] 1 - 2[/b] Atletico Madrid 
Parma 1 - 2  Osasuna
AEK Athens 0 - 2 Boca Juniors
Valencia 2 - 0  Arsenal
Honved 2 - 2 Panathinaikos 
Tottenham 3 - 0 Olympiakos 
D.C. United 0 - 3  Real Madrid

http://goal.com/en/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Arsene Wenger / Czech Republic Vs Turkey: Euro 2016 (0 - 2) On 21st June 2016 / Barcelona Vs Real Betis (4 - 2) On Sunday 15th January 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.