Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria (3346 Views)

Governor Ajimobi: I Washed Dead Bodies For 8 Years To Survive / Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region / Eastern Consultative Assembly Elects Nnamdi Kanu As New Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 23, 2016
How to Live Long in Aba
:Do not say anything against Nnamdi Kanu or Biafra.

I have practically seen a titled man beaten to stupor at a newspaper stand for saying something against Biafra, it took the intervention of the police to save that man, they literally gave him a new face with blows everywhere.
The issue here though was that the man was a lone voice in the midst of hardcores, they told him to shut up or leave, he refused, another man removed his cap, threw it on the floor, matched on it, and that was all that was needed before the other men there descended on him.

It was funny, but painful to behold, the man should have used his number six, they took him to CPS for first aid before he was taken to hospital. LOL
Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by betterABIAstate: 9:58am On Mar 23, 2016
ibedun:
Let's be honest with ourselves, the only people in the world who goes to Igboland are IBOs. Nobody else does. Go to all bus stations across Nigeria and see for yourself.
and the award for the most daft comment

2 Likes

Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by NaWetinDey(m): 10:08am On Mar 23, 2016
Arrant nonsense! The mosy st*pd is number 1 on the list. In fact, all of them are the works of living in kaikai limbo. I debate on any matter anywhere legally permitted. The only place I wont dare to debate with people is where you find drunkards, drug addicts, thieves and robbers because they ate mostly deranged although they seldom think so. And we know where they are mostly found.
Only such a helplessly hopeless group will dare attack you for saying your opinion on Biafra. They think that every youth is still foolish enough to accept the ranting of a mad man with highly blasphemous and defiled tongue, and come out with no arms - challenging and instigating armed officials.
God forbid foolishness and ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by Dannidom(m): 11:11am On Mar 23, 2016
[quote author=GeneralBiati post=44023342][/quote] buying fairly used phone in Aba (St. Michaels Rd. precisely) is the worst thing that will ever happen to a foreigner
Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by pointblank247(m): 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
Op listin. an average igbo man is busy making money to think of ur phone. an average igbo man is not allowd to be idle by his piple. igbo men may not dominate the list of 20 richest nigeria but most farmilies especialy in Anambra has at least one millionaire. Do you know that nnewi is a small town with more than 50world class millionairs and i can mention ten that u must know and which no single state in nigeria can boste of. bros lef matter. do you kno that an igbo man is in every country of the world sending home some hard currencies

1 Like

Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by chiefobdk(m): 2:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
this is the most stewpid thread u ever seen on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by mikolo80: 10:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
GeneralBiati:
This is a thread for people thinking that the east is unhabitable,religious intolerant and rough,this is a clue of how to survive here in the east without getting hurt or looking for your head (beh**ded).
The east is a place to do buisness,especially when it comes to trade,the east has the highest purchasing power in nigeria or even africa,what ever you sell you will make it,ask some northerners,they behave themselves.
They are arranged from the most important to the least important.
1-NEVER YOU SPEAK AGAINST NNAMDI KANU OR ANYTHING AGAINST BIAFRA:if you are not an igboman or rather a niger delta man and you are debating on biafra,better pause or else you will look for your head. In the east now even if you are igbo and speak against biafra,prepare to recieve the beating of you life called DELIVERANCE,as you will be termed sabo(saboteur).
As non easterners,you dare not chaa chaa,dont even air your view(if against).
2-DO NOT PRACTICE,DEFEND OR PREACH ISLAM IN THE EAST-if you check 85% of mosques in the east they are located in the barracks,if you practice it in public,people will not buy from you,you will be avoided like a plague and your market wont sell,if you defend islam here,omo you be boko(boko haramist) or a terrorist,dont even let people know you are a muslim,whenever islam is insulted,just shut up and pass or you will wonder how you died sef,if you preach it,your chapter don close.
3-YOU MUST LEARN HOW TO DO IGBO HUSTLE OR HUNGER GO HAMMER YOU: are you lazy?, are you dull?,better dont come to the east except you have a supermarket,but if not,i dont think you will even have a customer,talkmore of selling a thing,ask hausas naa,learn how to call sweet and lovely names,if its a guy some call them daddy,bros or oga,if na ladies,some them call omaricha nwa(beautiful baby),nwa(baby) baby,etc or you wont attract them,and as you are calling tell him or her that you have what he or she is looking for,even if you dnt know what they came to market to do.
4-LEARN TO ADD MONEY IN YOUR GOODS,IN NECCESSARY AND UNNECCESSARY TIMES:fuel scarsity,fuel subsidy,kerosene subsidy,naira fall,dollar rise, etc both reasonable and unreasonable times,you must add money unless you will forebear unimagineable loss and on top of it you may not get to wealth fast
5-BE CLEVER,BE SMART AND SHARP: if you are a new commer,this are the first things you must do immediately coming down from the cab,taxi,bus from the park or airport
a-hold your phones in your hand,whether nokia torch or touch screen,no one is safe
b-no bags just purse and you must hold it in your armpit,or grip it in your hand
c-do not wave or flirt with you phone in public places or you will ask yourelf,"i thought i was holding my handset now"especially for the ladies.
D-for girls,do not do too much shakara for igbo boys,or you will regret it,if you find an igbo boy as your bf,my sister you will never lack in your life
e-for boys,if you cant toast go and sleep,if you have a car you dnt have probs as long as money comes out of your pocket,except you won the heart of the girl then you dnt have problem
f-you must have the inner mind and outter mind to recognise fake,substandard,china(fake,no offense to china though)goods or you will die before your time
add yours
*modified*
so basically promote mediocrity
Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by Nobody: 1:30am On Mar 24, 2016
* grin grin grin grin*

1 Like

Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by ibedun: 4:13am On Mar 24, 2016
betterABIAstate:
and the award for the most daft comment

Go and live there if dem born you well.

1 Like

Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by Uteghe(m): 7:21am On Mar 24, 2016
Beremx:
Not all barracks are located in the barracks. Infact, 95percent of barracks are located outside the barracks. get your facts right and stop talking nonsense.
'not all barracks are located in the barracks' Warisdat?

1 Like

Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by Living4christ(m): 7:50am On Mar 24, 2016
michiyke2003:
Eastern Nigeria is Nigeria and every Nigerian is free to practise islam and christianity in Nigeria,one thing that puzzle me most is this,a christian do not love a muslim and muslims dont love christians,if religion is a sentiment that has destroy moral and peace including the love we have for people as our friends,relations,brother,children,mothers and fathers,why not abolish religion and live by moral which circles around human behaviour towards others?. Morality is in our heart,in our behaviour and its morality that can restore the peace religion has destroyed among me.

we tolerate other religion, but we cannot tolerate Islam because, it has intolerance in there Koran, Islam is a sect not a religion, damn human right. sometimes we have to say d truth, how many Christian, Jewish, Hindu, buddist extremist have we seen going for suicide bombing.
Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by oyinkinola: 7:56am On Mar 24, 2016
Living4christ:

we tolerate other religion, but we cannot tolerate Islam because, it has intolerance in there Koran, Islam is a sect not a religion, damn human right. sometimes we have to say d truth, how many Christian, Jewish, Hindu, buddist extremist have we seen going for suicide bombing.
...if islam is what you describe you won't alive today!
Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by Living4christ(m): 7:57am On Mar 24, 2016
malton:
This OP is a joke! Why make it seem like the east frowns at Islam altogether?

The people here don't care what religion you practice, just be peaceful, that's all that they ask.

Again, Nnamdi Kanu may be agitating for a cause some of them believe in, but he doesn't in any way assume the god-like status you're painting in their hearts and in their minds.

The people don't really care, just so long as they are treated fairly.

You must have been associating with touts!

The rest of your points have some truth there inbetween though.

If u don't believe him take a trip to d east and do d as above (aba prisisly) we Igbos hate Islam know it, because they are lawless, they have moral depravity.
Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by Living4christ(m): 7:58am On Mar 24, 2016
malton:
This OP is a joke! Why make it seem like the east frowns at Islam altogether?

The people here don't care what religion you practice, just be peaceful, that's all that they ask.

Again, Nnamdi Kanu may be agitating for a cause some of them believe in, but he doesn't in any way assume the god-like status you're painting in their hearts and in their minds.

The people don't really care, just so long as they are treated fairly.

You must have been associating with touts!

The rest of your points have some truth there inbetween though.

If u don't believe him take a trip to d east and do d as above (aba prisisly) we Igbos hate Islam know it, because they are lawless, they have moral depravity and dey to wat we detest
Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by oyinkinola: 8:02am On Mar 24, 2016
....op, you mean there no right of ownership, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, nothing like fundamental human right in igbo land?

1 Like

Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by Living4christ(m): 8:03am On Mar 24, 2016
oyinkinola:

...if islam is what you describe you won't alive today!

Here where i stay they are resisted, but where they have gained grounds................ u know now (Boko......Ha*)
Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by chigoizie7(m): 8:22am On Mar 24, 2016
ibedun:
Let's be honest with ourselves, the only people in the world who goes to Igboland are IBOs. Nobody else does. Go to all bus stations across Nigeria and see for yourself.

Well, maybe because they all have the resilient to survive, endure in hard times.

Hausas, do troop to the east in 911 buses on daily basis.

Do they make it there? YES, why? Because they are patient and respectful.

An hausa man can do anything to survive,because east is not a place to beg(beggars).

From shoe mender (igbos do this too, but they have shops for it) to water fetchers, street or house cleaners(igbos also do it in d east). To bike ridding(igbos do it aswell).labourers in construction sites (igbos do it too).

So, if u think u can not do anything legally and meaningful with your life when u come down here, please stay in your area, no one is begging u to come.

In the case of religious tolerance? There are many mosques here, there are many muslims here, just don't condemn Christianity down here, the same way a christian up north should not condemn Islam, and u are as safe as anything.

It takes strong heart and will to live in the east, once u re strong enough to hustle hard and compete reasonably, u will survive.

When it comes to business, if u re selling the something along a line with an igbo with a profit of say, N10 for every commodity, u will be surprised that many people will be buying from the igbo guy, why? When u approach him 1st, he will remove N1 from the N10 profit for u, den u will go round the market and realise that he is the only one selling cheaper, when u return to his shop, he will further remove N2,

In doing that, he will gain more customers than u, he will gain people's trusts, he will sell more(the more u sell, the more profit u make).

Once he has gained that trust from many customers, he will simply go back to that initial N10 profit with a large customer base.

They endure for some time to build a market base, and den, boom like balloon in no time.

And if u think u can achieve such feat, I wonder what is stopping other people from coming to the east.

Hausa people don learn this one too, especially when it comes to bike riding, down here, na hausa people de charge cheapest for bike. And once u sabi ride bike, just learn how to be neat, trust me, u don't have to be staying @ that bike stand with other okadas, just get a sharp phone, na so plenty people go collect your number, and once once, u go de work,making money pass other people that will carry all their problems and heap it on bike income.

1 Like

Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by MarysMeal: 8:56am On Mar 24, 2016
chigoizie7:

Well, maybe because they all have the resilient to survive, endure in hard times.

Hausas, do troop to the east in 911 buses on daily basis.

Do they make it there? YES, why? Because they are patient and respectful.

An hausa man can do anything to survive,because east is not a place to beg(beggars).

From shoe mender (igbos do this too, but they have shops for it) to water fetchers, street or house cleaners(igbos also do it in d east). To bike ridding(igbos do it aswell).labourers in construction sites (igbos do it too).

So, if u think u can not do anything legally and meaningful with your life when u come down here, please stay in your area, no one is begging u to come.

In the case of religious tolerance? There are many mosques here, there are many muslims here, just don't condemn Christianity down here, the same way a christian up north should not condemn Islam, and u are as safe as anything.

It takes strong heart and will to live in the east, once u re strong enough to hustle hard and compete reasonably, u will survive.

When it comes to business, if u re selling the something along a line with an igbo with a profit of say, N10 for every commodity, u will be surprised that many people will be buying from the igbo guy, why? When u approach him 1st, he will remove N1 from the N10 profit for u, den u will go round the market and realise that he is the only one selling cheaper, when u return to his shop, he will further remove N2,

In doing that, he will gain more customers than u, he will gain people's trusts, he will sell more(the more u sell, the more profit u make).

Once he has gained that trust from many customers, he will simply go back to that initial N10 profit with a large customer base.

They endure for some time to build a market base, and den, boom like balloon in no time.

And if u think u can achieve such feat, I wonder what is stopping other people from coming to the east.

Hausa people don learn this one too, especially when it comes to bike riding, down here, na hausa people de charge cheapest for bike. And once u sabi ride bike, just learn how to be neat, trust me, u don't have to be staying @ that bike stand with other okadas, just get a sharp phone, na so plenty people go collect your number, and once once, u go de work,making money pass other people that will carry all their problems and heap it on bike income.

Well said, Chigozie

1 Like

Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by malton: 9:01am On Mar 24, 2016
Living4christ:

If u don't believe him take a trip to d east and do d as above (aba prisisly) we Igbos hate Islam know it, because they are lawless, they have moral depravity and dey to wat we detest

Actually, I live in Awka. People can get paranoid, but hate Muslims, no. This is not to say that I haven't met anyone who does not hate Muslims here in the east, I have met many. But on a larger scale, it's more of a concern/worry than intolerance as they OP tried to pass across.
Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by Living4christ(m): 12:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
malton:

Actually, I live in Awka. People can get paranoid, but hate Muslims, no. This is not to say that I haven't met anyone who does not hate Muslims here in the east, I have met many. But on a larger scale, it's more of a concern/worry than intolerance as they OP tried to pass across.

we tolerate other religion, but we cannot
tolerate Islam because, it has intolerance in
there Koran, Islam is a sect not a religion,
damn human right. sometimes we have to
say d truth, how many Christian, Jewish,
Hindu, buddist extremist have we seen
going for suicide bombing.
Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by lyntiffany(f): 1:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
BLINGZ88:
Nd d op is wrong cos u can say anything u want in enugu nd no one will touch u... I have leaved in enugu for long nd I frequently travel to aba.... Nd brother, mosques are not always located in barracks, it is few in the city because dey don't have much members except in those barracks.... Proudly 042
pls which part of the 042 are you from?
Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by kingbasil: 1:52pm On Mar 24, 2016
lyntiffany:

Do you reside in 042
Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by lyntiffany(f): 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
kingbasil:

Do you reside in 042
nope I don't but am from there.
Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by kingbasil: 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
lyntiffany:
nope I don't but am from there.

Kk... cheers!!!
Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by BLINGZ88: 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2016
lyntiffany:

uwani
Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by ozoebuka1(m): 11:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
Beremx:
Not all barracks are located in the barracks. Infact, 95percent of barracks are located outside the barracks. get your facts right and stop talking nonsense.
its either u are dumb or u made a mistake... either way, u are funny...hehehe
Re: 5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria by lyntiffany(f): 6:54am On Mar 26, 2016
BLINGZ88:
uwani
kk that's good to know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

TENSION As Angry Igbos Threaten To SHUT DOWN Kano Over Killing / Members Of IPOB UNN Campus Enugwu Pictures / I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.