Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,775 members, 7,820,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Government Hospitals In Abuja Turning Back Pregnant Women - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Government Hospitals In Abuja Turning Back Pregnant Women (735 Views)

Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) / Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo / The Death Camps Called Government Hospitals In Nigeria! How Ekene Lost His Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Government Hospitals In Abuja Turning Back Pregnant Women by Diamonddamsel: 6:54am On Mar 23, 2016
Good morning medical professionals on this forum.I would like to bring to light some abnormalities I see in some Government hospitals in Abuja.To start from the beginning a petty trader not too far from my house had a baby in a health center and she told me how God saved her due to prolonged labour for days.The health center is located besides an abbatour and I know they can't perform a CS in such a place.

I chided her for not going to the General hospital at Nyanya she told me she went to register when she was 4mths pregnant and was told they could not book her because they only book women from one month to three months pregnancy I was amazed. Is such a practice right ?Are these women not supposed to be encouraged to come to the hospital and attended to not minding whatever month they show up.

I was amazed to find out that a Government hospital like Maitama General hospital also instead of starting ante natal immediately give women up to as much as two months booking dates depending on number of months of pregnancy without even checking them at all.They just tell them if they have any issue before the date given they can come in to see the doctor.Is this practice proper ?

Im not a medical professional but I think this practice will discourage illiterate women from ante natals,promote increased maternal mortality and increase mother to child HIV transmission rate.These claims can be verified and other Government hospitals should be investigated.

MINISTRY OF HEALTH NEEDS TO LOOK INTO THIS ISSUE.
Re: Government Hospitals In Abuja Turning Back Pregnant Women by maxti: 7:09am On Mar 23, 2016
So wrong

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of African Black Soap / Please Is There Any Health Effect Caused By Living Under A Network Mask? / Ways Men Are Killing Their Sperm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.