Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

I Am Sorry, Queens College Girls, Seni Oshifala - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Am Sorry, Queens College Girls, Seni Oshifala (1111 Views)

A Piece Of Advice For Slay Queens And Kings / Lagos Wants Queens College Shut Down Indefinitely... / Oby Ezekwesile React To QUEENS College Incident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Sorry, Queens College Girls, Seni Oshifala by Chidiokereke(m): 9:54am On Mar 23, 2016
I am sorry.

I am listening to that Justin Bieber ‘Sorry’ song as I write this, but that is not the reason I am sorry. I am sorry for a whole lot of things, and I implore the reader to please accept my apologies.

I am sorry I’m a Nigerian born to unrich people. I mean, if my parents had money, maybe they’d have had me birthed in the USA so I can have that cherished Blue passport. You see, it’s now too late for me to be a citizen of the greatest country on earth. The only place I can call home is Nigeria, despite the fact that right now, there’s no light, fuel queues are painfully long and the dollar is still exchanging at …I digress.

I am sorry I’m from this Nigeria where over 200 girls were abducted in one night. And instead of shutting down the region and declaring Defcon whatever, the authorities denied the incidence until it was ‘impossible’ to find the girls. As a result, after more than 20months, the whereabouts of these girls is still not known. Some rumor they have been married off, sold, converted, ki …I’m sorry.

I am sorry I’m from this Nigeria where some dude ‘eloped’ to Kano with a 14 year old Bayelsa girl, and after 6months, only AFTER public outcries on Social Media did the relevant authorities act to retrieve the girl and arrest the abductor. I am even sorrier that some people (some of whom I used to admire and respect) were trying to defend the pedophile at some point. I am really sorry.

I am sorry I’m from this Nigeria where any girl that comes out to say she’s been raped or molested is subjected to so much scrutiny – so much NEGATIVE scrutiny she’d wish she had kept her mouth shut. I am sorry that instead of putting pressure on relevant authorities to bring a sexual offender to book, people ask the victim questions like: “What were you wearing?” “What were you doing in his house?” “Why did you give him green light?” “Why do you have big boobs and ass?” I am sorry that a sexual assault victim who only wants the offender brought to book is torn to so much pieces that others who have been assaulted hide in their closets and die inside.

I am terribly sorry to every girl who has ever been sexually harassed, and cannot say anything because of the potential stigma. I am sorry that our country doesn’t take rape, and other forms of sexual assault seriously. I’m sorry that the only way to prove rape is if you were lucky to have it filmed or someone saw the act, or the rapist confessed, or God intervened. I am also sorry that a few guys have been wrongly accused, making it even more difficult to know who’s lying and who is telling the truth.

I am sorry I read about the Queens College incidence and I was so ‘calm’ instead of immediately labeling the accused, I called a Queens College old girl who said the guy had always been randy. She didn’t know anyone he ‘touched’ but he used to say ‘nonsense’ in class. I am sorry I went a step further to search his rather unique name on Twitter and I discovered that since 2011, girls had been talking about him and the associating tag was ‘Pervert’. I am sorry I wanted to go and look for him in Queens College and cause him bodily harm. I am sorry I tweeted his picture instead, and asked people to share until he is fired ...

Complete piece on http://chydee.com/i-am-sorry-queens-college-girls/

Re: I Am Sorry, Queens College Girls, Seni Oshifala by Zector(m): 9:56am On Mar 23, 2016
Alright
Re: I Am Sorry, Queens College Girls, Seni Oshifala by stzy(m): 10:10am On Mar 23, 2016
I am sorry that u're sorry 4 being sorry for who hasn't been sorry 4 what he may haav done... I am sorry
Re: I Am Sorry, Queens College Girls, Seni Oshifala by Teespice(f): 10:50am On Mar 23, 2016
I have asked people who once schooled at Queens college and they have said one common thing.

that the man is a serious pervert.

why the girls are currently on the defensive and defending him as if their lives depend on it is what really baffles me.

when I asked, I got another answer. The school has a reputation to protect.

what yeye reputation. even if the allegations levelled on the man are mere rumours, who will hear it and still send her ward to that school.

it is well sha. this life is a pot of rotten beans.
Re: I Am Sorry, Queens College Girls, Seni Oshifala by hisgrace090: 10:53am On Mar 23, 2016
I am also sorry when I saw the young girl fellow student protesting against her under duress, I know they never carry those placard on their own choice. All Nigeria institution need proper monitoring.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: ASUU-ndu Ends Strike, Vc To Announce Resumption Soon. / 20 Bizarre Coffins Made In Ghana / Signs A Girl Doesnt Like You Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.